Taylormade TP5X Golf Balls
Last updated date: August 31, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Golf Balls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Golf Ball you should buy.
Update as September 9, 2021:
Checkout The Best Golf Ball for a detailed review of all the top golf balls.
If higher flight off the tee is what you seek, TaylorMade TP5X Prior Generation Golf Balls are the answer. This five-layer ball is engineered for a high trajectory, while still having a soft feel. Golfers off all skill levels will also appreciate that the TP5X ball pairs well with every golf club in their bag. This means success whether you are driving the ball or putting on the green.
In our analysis of 100 expert reviews, the Taylormade TP5X Golf Balls placed 7th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
TaylorMade TP5x White Golf BallsFive-Layer Construction For Premium PerformanceTaylorMade has enjoyed its share of success in the golf ball market for the last several years, but it believes that the new TP5 and TP5x golf balls will catapult the company to new heights in that space. Highlighting the performance of both new balls is a 5-layer construction that will give players maximum spin and control around the greens but reduced spin off the tee and on iron shots for more distance thanks to the Tri-Fast Core, which delivers low spin rates and maximum energy transfer for explosive distance. When it comes to the TP5x, players can expect significantly less spin on all full shots. The TP5x also delivers higher launch and less drag from an aerodynamic standpoint. That combination is equating to between a half and a full club of added distance on iron shots, but the higher flight conditions and steeper descent angles still give players the stopping power they need to hit greens in regulation. Golfers can also expect, at 90 compression, the TP5x to feel firmer than the 83-compression TP5, and its slightly thinner cover was designed to provide players with more feedback.Features: * Compression: 87 * Five-layer construction delivers tour-proven performance from tee to green * Tri-Fast Core creates low spin and high energy transfer for maximum distance * Dual Spin cover feature soft Cast Urethane for maximum spin and control around the green * Thinner cover create a firmer feel designed to provide enhanced feedback * High launch conditions allow players to stop the ball easily on the green * Color: White * Available in 12-Ball Pack.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Golf Balls
Planning a golf outing with coworkers or a group of friends is a great way to relax, enjoy the fresh air and unwind from a long week. Whether you tend to be competitive or you simply want to perfect your game, choosing the right golf ball is key.
When shopping for top-quality golf balls, you’ll first want to consider durability. For example, some companies use an outer cover made from Dupont Lithium Surlyn. This material not only resists abrasions, but is also indestructible. With this type of ball, you won’t have to worry as much about frequent replacements, which can save you time and effort in the long run.
Also important is the ball’s ability to reduce drag, or slow the resistance that is caused by the wind, as the golf ball soars through the air. Some balls are designed with HEX Aerodynamics, so you’ll notice they have more refined contours that enable the balls to fly higher and farther than their counterparts.
Whether you’re looking for a high- or low-spin ball depends on how seasoned you are as a golfer. Low-spin golf balls are better for beginners and golfers with a high handicap, as this type keeps the ball on a straighter path. Pro golfers find high-speed balls give them better control.
After you place your golf ball on the tee, you’ll want to be sure it will perform consistently with each swing. This is especially true if you don’t mind playing golf in all kinds of weather. Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls are one of the brands specifically engineered with consistency in mind.
Finally, golfers may want to consider the color of the ball, as not all golf balls are traditional white. Orange, for instance, is a better option for quickly spotting the ball. Choosing a different color than your fellow golfers also helps with identifying whose ball is whose when the balls end up near each other.
The Golf Ball Buying Guide
- The main thing you’ll want to look for when purchasing golf balls is the USGA (United States Golf Association) seal of approval. This ensures the ball meets all of the rules and regulations set by the USGA.
- When buying golf balls without a USGA approval, you’ll still need to check the weight and diameter of the balls. A ball should never exceed 1.62 ounces or be less than 1.68 inches in diameter. Staying within these parameters is the best way to play fair, even if you’re just getting together with a few buddies.
- Keeping your golf balls clean is also important, as pieces of grass and chunks of mud can reduce performance. Soak the golf balls in a bucket of dish soap and water. Use a toothbrush to remove caked-on dirt if need be. Rinse the balls and towel dry.
- Your golf balls should never be stored in extreme temperatures. Don’t leave them exposed to the harsh winter elements and don’t store them in a trunk in a hot attic during the summer. Hitting a frozen golf ball can damage the ball and the club. Temperatures over 170 degrees Fahrenheit are hot enough to melt golf ball covers.
- Consider matching the golf ball with the golf club you plan to use or purchase a multi-purpose ball instead. TaylorMade golf balls, for instance, are created with a Tri-Fast Core and Dual-Spin Cover that together work well with every club in your collection.
- Golf balls are sold in a wide range of prices. No matter which golf balls you prefer, you’re sure to find some that fit your budget.
- It is possible to get your golf balls personalized with your name, a picture of your face or your monogram.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide