Tassel Toppers Waterproof Cartoon Quote Graduation Cap Tassel Topper
Last updated date: January 28, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Graduation Cap Tassel Toppers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Graduation Cap Tassel Topper you should buy.
Update as January 28, 2022:
Checkout The Best Graduation Cap Tassel Toppers for a detailed review of all the top graduation cap tassel toppers.
You don’t have to be a Looney Tunes fan to relate to the message on this tassel topper. Branded with the well-known logo from the classic series, this topper is both colorful and fun. The topper is made of plastic and has adhesives designed to fit standard graduation caps.
In our analysis, the Tassel Toppers Tassel Toppers Waterproof Cartoon Quote Graduation Cap Tassel Topper placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A Tassel Topper that let’s everyone know how far you’ve come. You’ve left you heart and soul in the ring. Spending late nights “studying” “Working hard” to maintain that GPA. You’ve made it all the way to the end in one piece. “That’s all Folks”. Decorate your Graduation Cap with this Tassel Topper! Make graduation fun and stand out in a crowd so your loved ones can spot you in a sea of other graduates. Made of Plastic and is the perfect graduation keepsake. Graduation Cap Not Included.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Graduation Cap Tassel Toppers
You work hard to get to Graduation Day. But if you’ve ever sat in the audience at one of these events, you know how hard it can be to keep an eye on one graduate in a sea of graduation caps and gowns. Gowns and caps are usually provided in a solid color, which is either black or one of the school’s colors.
Over the years, though, graduates have found a fun way to stand out. By decorating their mortarboards, they can not only be easily spotted in a crowd, but they can also express their personal style in a setting that typically requires uniformity. Found at high schools, colleges and universities across the U.S., the practice is so prevalent, Sheila Bock, professor of interdisciplinary, gender and ethnic studies at UNLV, documented it in a project for the Center for Folklore Studies at Ohio State University.
The practice of decorating mortarboards is thought to have begun in the 1960s, when graduates added peace signs to their caps to protest the Vietnam War. Over the years, decorated graduation caps picked up steam, and today, some ceremonies are a sea of colors and images. Social media has only boosted the popularity of decorated caps, giving students a way to share their creativity with the world.
But not all schools are on board with this type of individuality. Some schools ban it altogether, while others set guidelines meant to protect the integrity of what’s largely considered a formal occasion. The University of North Alabama forbids 3-D decorations, requiring all designs to lay flat on the surface. Decorated mortarboards aren’t allowed at all at Florida State University, and students will be charged a $45 fee to replace a cap that’s been damaged by the decorating process.
There are, however, many educational institutions that are fine with mortarboard decoration. Before you get started, though, it’s important to check for any guidelines specific to your school. Your school likely will prohibit certain images, including any involving profanity or product promotion.
The Graduation Cap Tassel Topper Buying Guide
- If you’ve rented your cap and gown, make sure any tassel topper you choose won’t damage the mortarboard. A plastic topper often is the best option, but make sure it peels off easily. You can then frame it or put it in a scrapbook as a memento of your day.
- One of the biggest benefits of decorating a mortarboard is that it helps your loved ones spot you during the ceremony. This is especially beneficial if you’re in a setting where the audience is elevated, looking down at you as you wait to be called to the stage. Make sure you choose a decoration that will be easily identifiable to your loved ones.
- Most mortarboards are 8.5” x 8.5”. Look for a topper that fits this size and also accommodates your tassel.
- You can customize your topper by doing all the artwork yourself. But you can get a big head start by buying a topper and adding your embellishments to it. All you’ll need is some crafting items like rhinestones or flowers and a hot glue gun to attach them.
- Some tassel toppers are waterproof, which means if you find yourself caught in a sudden rainstorm, your design will hold up. Custom-made designs don’t always have that feature.
- The strength of the adhesives can vary from topper to topper. You’ll want one that stays in place throughout your special day without it being impossible to remove.
- One downside to purchasing tassel toppers is that others might have the same one. Adding a few extra touches to yours can help make it unique. But you might choose to find a design that you and your friend group can all wear to send a unified message.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide