TaoTronics String Lights with Remote Control
Last updated date: June 22, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Holiday Lights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Holiday Lights you should buy.
Editor's Note June 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best String Lights for a detailed review of all the top holiday lights.
What sets this string lights set with remote control above the rest is the ability to adjust the brightness. There are 10 different brightness settings, including flash and strobe. Since the lights are waterproof, they can be used indoors or outdoors. The strand also features eco-friendly insulation, which keeps the lights cool even after being left on for hours.
In our analysis of 72 expert reviews, the TaoTronics TaoTronics String Lights with Remote Control placed 1st when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Item Package Quantity:1 | Size:33ft TaoTronics - Enhance Your Life Light Modes: - Constant On: Optional Brightness: 100%,90%,80%,70%,60%,50%,40%,30%,20%,10%; - Smooth Mode: Lights gradually fade in and out; Optional interval: 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s; -Flash Mode: Lights flash at a preset speed; Optional speed: 1Hz, 2Hz, 3Hz,FF(=fast flash). Specification: Color Temp.: 2700~2900K Length: 33ft String+ 5ft Adapter Cord No. of LEDs: 100 LED Lifespan: 20,000 Hours Input: AC 100~240V, 1A Output: DC 5V, 1A Receiver Range: 10m Working Temp.: -4~140°F Warm Tips 1. Do not apply excessive force or repetitively bend the same spot. 2. Do not extend the light or try to connect it with another lights. 3. TaoTronics offers 6-month extended warranty. 4. Remove the plastic gasket before using the remote control Package Includes: 1x33ft Lights 1xRemote(with Battery) 1xReceiver 1xAdapter 1xUser Guide 1xThank You Card FAQ: 1-Connected everything but it’s not working? The lights need to be turned on with the Remote. Notice: Please use with the Remote pointing to the remote receiver. 2-Can you shorten the lights? NO! Cutting the lights damages the product as the end of copper wires is welded; it also voids your product warranty. 3-Can i connect these to a timer? No. The LED string lights need to be turned on with the remote, so we do not suggest to use it with timer. 4-Is it safe to touch? or to hang on curtains or trees? Yes! The copper wire comes with insulation coating and is safe to touch; low heat emission LEDs are free of fire hazards. 5-My dog chewed up the remote, where can I buy a replacement? You can contact our customer service at email@example.com for a free replacement of the remote. Feel free to contact us in case of any problem with the order.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Holiday Lights
Decorating your home or office with lights is an excellent way to get into a happy spirit. It’s even better when you can gather family or friends and put up the lights while listening to your favorite music. Before you plan your little get-together, you’ll need to make sure you have the correct lights with the right number of bulbs.
Read the product packaging to determine if the lights are safe to use outdoors. This is only important if you are planning an outdoor display. Just remember that outdoor lights can be used indoors, but indoor lights cannot be used outdoors. Indoor lights are not made to withstand wind, rain, snow and ice.
Check to see whether the lights have a green or white wire. For example, the Prextex Green Wire Light Set features green wiring in between each light, which blends in with the green foliage of an evergreen tree beautifully. A white wire would stick out in a tree but would look great across a white fireplace mantel.
Determine what type of lights you’d like, as there are a wide variety of choices. You could stick with all white lights or go with multicolored lights. You can opt for lights that flicker, flash or strobe. The TaoTronics String Lights with Remote Control has 10 different brightness settings to choose from. Thanks to the handy remote, users can even change the setting from across the room.
Size is also important, as lights come in large, regular and mini sizes. Of course, you’ll need to read the product packaging to determine how long the strand is, as the number of lights doesn’t determine this. That’s because the lights may be spaced further apart on one set than another. Even though the Ehome String Lights has 100 regular-sized lights, it’s only 4 feet shorter than the Noma/Inliten Light Set, which features 300 mini lights.
When browsing similar models, look for any extras that may set one model above the others. Does the light set come with a few replacement bulbs? Is it powered by a USB port instead of batteries or an electrical outlet? Perhaps it’s made with bendable copper wire for easier placement around picture frames and banisters.
The Holiday Lights Buying Guide
- Never use a light set that has frayed cords, empty sockets or exposed wiring.
- Never add more strands than what is recommended in the product information sheet. This could pose a fire hazard.
- When hanging outdoor lights, stick with light clips that are designed specifically for use with lights. Nails and screws work to secure the lights, but there is a risk you could puncture the cord and expose the wiring. You’ll also need to use a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet with outdoor lights to protect against the winter elements.
- Always conduct an inspection of any lights that you have from a previous year before using them again.
- Look for a UL Safety Certification on the product label. This certification means that the lights have gone through testing and have been found to meet industry standards.
- Festive lights don’t have to be stored away 11 months out of the year. They work great to accent a family portrait or a piece of wall art. They can be used to light up your banister or an outdoor walkway for better night vision.
- If you have a strand or two of lights that no longer work, you can recycle them. Many organizations are willing to take the old lights off your hands because lights are made using copper, plastic and sometimes glass. All of these materials can be melted down to make new products, which reduces waste.
- When comparing light prices, you’ll first need to take into account how many lights are on each strand. After that, look for any extras the light set may offer. For example, the Noma/Inliten Light Set has 300 lights per strand versus the 100 lights the other sets offer, so it commands a higher price. Although the TaoTronics String Lights with Remote Control has the same amount of lights as the Prextex Green Wire Light Set and the Ehome String Lights, it costs a little more due to its added remote control and multiple brightness options.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide