TaoTronics Sound Bar
Last updated date: July 26, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Soundbars and dug through the reviews from 2 of the most popular review sites including BestReviews, Tech Gear Lab and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Soundbar you should buy.
For its low price, it's hard to beat the TaoTronics sound bar. You'll get high-quality sound and Bluetooth compatibility that makes for easy setup. Its sturdy build means it will last through many years of use. In our analysis of 46 expert reviews, the TaoTronics TaoTronics Sound Bar placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 12, 2019:
Checkout The Best Soundbar for a detailed review of all the top soundbars.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
What do traditional devices like TVs, PCs and DVDs have in common with in-demand Bluetooth gadgetry? Both can connect to the sound bar for unparalleled convenience and usability. The sound bar allows wired connections included LINE IN, Optical, Coaxial, and RCA IN so practically every device can connect; while your favorite smartphones, tablets, and other Bluetooth devices have the option to connect wirelessly. Misplaced the universal remote? Never fear because the sound bar is fully operational from the unit itself. Adorning the side is a high grade metal control unit that responds to the slightest touch allowing you to adjust the volume, select tracks, or play and pause music. And when you do find the remote, it can also do the same. As versatile as it powerful, the TaoTronics sound bar can be placed directly under your television or mounted to the accompanying wall to reduce clutter and save space. No matter how you choose to place it, rich clear sound will reach all around the room. A sound bar adds a modern and exciting touch to any home, elevating your standard living room into a personal theatre system so you'll never watch a film anywhere else. Sitting low and stretching long, the sound bar uses tough ABS plastic and is covered by a soft touch cloth ensuring you'll have great sound for years to come.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Soundbars
Now that you can order a film at the press of a button, movie night has moved from the cineplex to living rooms. For that reason, it’s likely no surprise that consumers report they’d rather watch a movie at home than leave the house. But getting the same experience at home as you do in a theater can be challenging.
Even if you take advantage of the low prices on high-quality big-screen TVs, duplicating true movie theater surround sound can get expensive. In recent years, soundbars have advanced to the point where they now can simulate surround sound for a fraction of the cost of a speaker set. But one soundbar can differ dramatically from another, so it’s important to do your research before you buy.
Soundbars can range in price, but you’re sure to find one that fits within your budget. When shopping for soundbars, pay close attention to the range of tones you’ll get. Some soundbars can’t handle bass as well as others, even when they’re promising the best sound quality.
Once you get your soundbar home, you’ll generally be on your own to make it work with your existing systems. One of the best things you can do is take note of the equipment you already have and make sure the soundbar you choose is compatible. Many of today’s speakers use Bluetooth connectivity to allow you to eliminate unsightly wires. So if you have an older TV or receiver, you may find the soundbar you’ve bought won’t connect.
Finally, stop to think about where you’ll set up your new soundbar, as well as any speakers you plan to add on to it. There are soundbars you can mount on the wall, while there are many others that can set on your furniture in front of your TV. Whichever option you choose, note the dimensions of your soundbar in advance to ensure you know how much room it will take up.
DYWM Fun Fact
As you set up your home theater, it’s important to consider the size of your room. Soundbars are more than adequate for smaller rooms. But if your home theater is in a large basement or an oversized bonus room, you’re likely going to find that you need additional speakers to truly immerse your audience with sound. This is also true if you’re a movie buff who expects to feel like you’re on the Millennium Falcon, not just watching it on a screen. But many soundbars are designed for add-ons, so you should be able to build your home theater gradually if you aren’t quite ready to jump in fully just yet.
The Soundbar Buying Guide
- If your soundbar doesn’t sound good, there’s no point in even having one. If you’re going for the best sound, consider either the Sonos Playbar or Sonos Playbase. Both have great sound and great ranges. However, the Sonos Playbase performs better in the deeper ranges, with bass you can feel in your chest.
- For those interested in building a true home theater, adding on extra speakers is the key to success. Sonos allows you to easily buy extra speakers to connect to your soundbar. The Sonos Playbar does best with this, letting you expand to a true 5.1 wireless sound system. Even without extra speakers, though, Sonos does a better job at simulating surround sound, while VIZIO’s soundbar struggles with that.
- Setup can be intimidating if you don’t consider yourself a tech guru. The TaoTronics soundbar is among the easiest to use, whether you’re wiring it up or using its Bluetooth-pairing capabilities. Sonos can be tricky to set up, especially when it comes to pairing with other equipment.
- One of the biggest concerns when shopping for any speaker is where it will be. The Sonos Playbar is designed to hang on a wall, but it can also rest in front of your TV. The Sonos Playbase can be mounted, but it looks great in front of your TV. If you’re limited on space, you may want to avoid any soundbar that comes with a separate subwoofer that you’ll need to place.
- If you’re looking for the smallest soundbar, the Sonos Playbase is the shortest, at only 2.28 inches tall.
- One size benefit to the Sonos Playbar is that it can be easily mounted horizontally or vertically, with the sensor automatically adjusting the sound depending on how you’ve oriented it.
- If you have an Amazon product that uses Alexa, Sonos soundbars have an additional benefit in that you can connect them to your device and play music on command.
- With Sonos soundbars, you’ll have access to an app that you can then use to control your speakers. However, the Sonos Playbar and Playbase don’t come with a remote control, which means you’ll need a universal remote if you can’t connect it to an existing smart remote. The TaoTronics soundbar comes with a remote, but it’s a bit bulky. You’ll also need to have two AAA batteries on hand since they aren’t included in the box.
- If you plan to regularly switch the sound from your soundbar to your TV, note that there have been some complaints with the Sonos Playbar that the shift can be tricky at times.
- The TaoTronics soundbar is built to last with durable ABS plastic beneath the soft cloth cover. Although the Sonos soundbars are durable, if you choose the white model of the Playbase, be aware that it can scratch easily.
- When it comes to price, you’re going to pay much more for some soundbars than other speakers. Be sure to consider whether you’ll also need to pay for separate speakers. In some instances, the price may also include a subwoofer, so keep that in mind.