Taotronics Portable Oscillating Space Heater
Last updated date: October 7, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Space Heaters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Space Heater you should buy.
Editor's Note October 7, 2020:
Checkout The Best Space Heater for a detailed review of all the top space heaters.
Whether you need a little extra warmth in your home or office, this space heater is the way to go. It oscillates to increase heat distribution by 20%. The unit also has an energy-saving mode to keep your electric bill at a minimum.
In our analysis of 54 expert reviews, the Taotronics Taotronics Portable Oscillating Space Heater placed 1st when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Survive the winter chill with this small yet powerful TaoTronics Space Heater. Equipped with ceramic heating elements and 1500-watts of power, you can enjoy gratifying warmth in just a few seconds, and 65° oscillation provides a 20% wider heating range to heat yourself and your family without squandering heat. Built-in overheating and tip-over protection sensors, 24hr auto-off without operation, and 12hr timer work together for a much safer heater. The heater is designed for your safe use and quiet enough to use while sleeping.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Space Heaters
Being cold is no fun. Whether it’s a spot in your home that the heat just doesn’t reach or an office that stays chilly year-round, sometimes a steady blast of warm air is exactly what you need to be comfortable. Space heaters are great for fulfilling that demand. Simply set one on the floor next to you and enjoy the warmth.
But there are many factors to consider when you’re picking out a space heater. The majority of house fires start because of portable space heaters, so it’s important to choose one with built-in safety features. Look for heaters with auto shut-off and tip protection, especially if you have small children or pets in the house. You should also place your heater away from flammable objects, like drapes and bedding.
Once you’ve squared away safety, you’ll want to look for a space heater that provides the level of warmth you need. Some space heaters are designed to be directional in nature, primarily heating the area where they’re pointed. However, many newer space heaters are less directional, warming an entire area and all the objects within it. If you’re in a cubicle at work, you’ll likely be more interested in heating yourself, whereas at home you may prefer to warm up an entire room.
Portability and size are also important things to consider, especially if you won’t be using your heater in the same space. Some heaters are small and portable, even coming equipped with carrying handles to make them easy to move around. These heaters are also usually smaller in size, making them handy for slipping under your desk to keep your feet warm while you work. Much larger units typically fit better if you’re heating a whole room in your home rather than carrying them back and forth to the office every day.
The Space Heater Buying Guide
- If you’re looking for a whole room heater, make sure you get one with a temperature-based thermostat. The Taotronics Portable Oscillating Space Heater has a setting-based thermostats, which means an adjustment from low to high. With the Dr. Infrared heater, you can set the desired temperature, such as 65 or 70 degrees. The units will run until the area achieves that level of warmth, at which point they will shut off.
- The Andily Electric Space Heater does a better job of heating an individual sitting in front of it than similar heaters that are designed for whole-room heating.
- Although you’ll always need to exercise caution when operating a space heater, many of today’s models have safety features built in. Look for a heater that is certified as safe by the Underwriters Laboratories, with both automatic shut-off and anti-tip over protection. The Andily Electric Space Heater has an anti-tip over feature and other models include a non-slip base.
- Noise can be a concern, especially if you plan to operate your space heater in the workplace. The Dr. Infrared heater is notably quiet, using its own technology to provide heat at a low speed, which makes it less noisy than comparable space heaters.
- Size can be an issue, especially if you’re tucking your heater discreetly under a desk. The Andily heater is lightweight and portable. Other heaters have a handle to make them easy to carry from one space to another. There are even space heaters that can be mounted on a wall.
- It’s important to note that the Dr. Infrared heater has been known for thermal fuse failures. However, investing in a high-quality extension cord can keep that from happening, and if it does, the company will ship a new fuse upon request.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide