Takeya Originals Double-Wall Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
Last updated date: January 16, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Water Bottles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Water Bottle you should buy.
Update as January 16, 2022:
Checkout The Best Water Bottles for a detailed review of all the top water bottles.
This stainless steel option comes in capacities from 18 to 40 ounces. It's insulated to maintain your drink's temperature throughout the day, and you won't have to worry about sweating or leaking either. It comes in 12 colors.
In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the Takeya Originals Double-Wall Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
ORIGINALS INSULATED WATER BOTTLE: Takeya Originals Stainless Steel Water Bottle keeps beverages ice-cold for 24 hrs, and hot for up to 12 hrs with double-wall insulation. This BPA-Free, food-grade water bottle won’t transfer flavors and does not sweat. LEAKPROOF SPOUT LID: This insulated stainless steel water bottle comes with an innovative, leakproof, spout lid that allows for easy one-handed drinking or pouring. It features an innovative hinge lock that keeps the cap out of your way while drinking. PREMIUM BOTTLES AND LIDS: Our innovative line of insulated hydration solutions come in a range of sizes. We offer water bottles in 18, 24, 32, 40, and 64 oz sizes, tumblers in 20 and 30 oz sizes, and beverage makers and pitchers in 1 Qt and 2 Qt sizes. BPA FREE HYDRATION SOLUTIONS: From insulated stainless steel water bottles to beverage makers and pitchers, as well as a variety of product accessories, Takeya USA products help you stay cool, refreshed and hydrated for an active, on-the-go lifestyle. INNOVATIVE HYDRATION SOLUTIONS: Takeya brings over 55 years of Japanese design heritage to our line of insulated, BPA-free water bottles & our sustainable iced tea, fruit infusion, & cold brew pitchers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Water Bottles
Whether you plan to use it at work, at home or on the go, a reusable water bottle offers an eco-friendly alternative to single-use bottles and comes with convenience. You can easily refill your drink any time you need to, and you can usually use the bottle for other liquids too. Some bottles will even keep your drink at the right temperature throughout the day.
To start exploring water bottle options, first consider your planned use since water bottles come in many styles and sizes. If you want something portable, a slender water bottle that holds maybe 16 ounces can be easy to carry, though you’ll have the tradeoff of more frequent refills. On the other hand, if you plan to use the bottle during long trips or activities, you might want a larger bottle that can hold 32 ounces or more despite being heavier and bulkier.
You also get a lot of variety when it comes to water bottle materials. You’ll want to consider them all carefully since they have different pros and cons depending on your use. These include glass, plastic, stainless steel and aluminum water bottles, and you can find them in all kinds of colors.
Glass water bottles are easy to clean in the dishwasher and don’t affect your water’s taste, but they are also bulkier and fragile and lack insulation. Plastic bottles, on the other hand, are light and come in many styles, but they can break down sooner, affect the water’s taste and present health issues if they contain bisphenol A (BPA).
When looking at metal water bottle options, aluminum bottles usually aren’t too heavy but can also contain BPA and affect the water’s taste. Stainless steel bottles, on the other hand, come with many benefits like insulation for hot and cold drinks, durability, versatility and portability. However, they are heavier than some other materials and may require hand washing.
Along with finding a water bottle made of the right material, you’ll want to consider the bottle’s mouth and lid. Some bottles will have wide mouths so that they’re easier to fill and clean than bottles with smaller mouths. The lid can also have different attachments that fit your drinking style. While some bottles just have a lid that twists on and off, others have a convenient built-in spout or straw that might even work with a water filter.
Also, make sure to get a water bottle that’s easy to carry for your needs. Many water bottles will have a handle or strap attached for your convenience. However, others do not have this feature, and such a bottle would work best if you plan to carry it in a bag rather than by hand throughout the day.
The Water Bottle Buying Guide
- During your research, you might find that a single water bottle doesn’t work for all your activities. For example, you might want a simple workout-style bottle for the gym but also desire an insulated bottle that can both keep your morning coffee warm and your water chilled when you’re out hiking. In such cases, you might consider getting a few water bottles for flexibility.
- If you purchase a water bottle that uses a filter, follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before use. For example, you’ll usually need to activate the filter by running it under running water for a certain number of seconds, and you’ll likely need to replace the filter after a few months of use. Also, avoid putting anything other than water in such bottles.
- It’s a good idea to wash your water bottle often, preferably daily, to avoid having bacteria build up on it You can check with the manufacturer to see if you can simply put the bottle in the dishwasher. Otherwise, you can use some water and dish soap and give the bottle, cap and any other components a through wash.
- You’ll find that manufacturers may list different times when it comes to how long insulated bottles can keep drinks warm or cold. For example, this might be 8 to 12 hours for warm drinks and 18 to 24 hours for cold ones. For the best results, start with iced water to keep your drink coldest the longest. On the other hand, you’ll want your drink already very warm if you’re using such a bottle to keep it hot.
- Personalizing a water bottle with text and stickers has become popular and gives you a chance to make a plain bottle look more creative. While you can always buy stickers, you can make your own from vinyl if you’re crafty. Metallic permanent markers can also work for simple designs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide