TACVASEN Men’s Special Ops Military Tactical Soft Shell Jacket
Last updated date: October 26, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Softshell Jackets For Men and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Softshell Jacket For Men you should buy.
Editor's Note October 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Softshell Jackets For Men for a detailed review of all the top softshell jackets for men.
More like a traditional jacket, this special ops softshell has a 100-percent polyester outer layer and an inner soft fleece layer. It is designed to be worn for military outdoor tactical activities, as well as hiking, fishing, climbing, hunting and camping. You’ll find convenient extra pockets on the chest, back, shoulders and forearm of this jacket.
In our analysis, the TACVASEN TACVASEN Men's Military Tactical Soft Shell Jacket placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% polyester; Inne; soft fleece, Outdoor/Casual, Suitable for Hiking, Climbing, Camping, Hunting, Fishing, Mountaineering, Fishing, Cycling and other Outdoor activitie
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Softshell Jackets For Men
Softshell jackets are made from woven materials like polyester, and they are good for light warmth and wind protection. They are soft to the touch when compared to hardshell jackets, which are stiffer. Some softshells are completely waterproof, while others may only be water-resistant. This means that you may get a little wet when wearing them if it is raining or snowing outside.
These lightweight jackets often have different kinds of linings, depending on the brand and price point. If you want to be warmer when you wear your coat, opt for one that has a fleece lining. Keep in mind that this will make it less resistant to water, though, than coats made of some other materials.
Stretch-woven softshells may have the word “breathable” in their descriptions. These prevent overheating, and they feel more comfortable when it is warmer out. They are great for aerobic activities like hiking, bicycling and running, because they wick moisture away from the body. These jackets may or may not be water-resistant.
Membrane softshells are more waterproof, and since they have waterproof membranes between their fabric layers. They may feel heavier, and they work well when you want more protection from outdoor elements. The only way to have 100-percent waterproofing is to have taped seams, since moisture can enter through stitched seams.
When a jacket is completely waterproof, it will compensate for that with less breathability. This is important to know, because if it is raining and it is hot out, you may be pretty uncomfortable. These jackets are good to wear in cold rains, snow and if you will not be moving around a lot.
Always check your jacket’s label before washing. Most will be machine-washable, but may need to be washed in specific ways. Be extra careful if the jacket is waterproof, as these garments may require extra-special care.
The Softshell Jacket For Men Buying Guide
- If you want to wear your softshell jacket in the rain, search for ones that are 100-percent waterproof. Remember, water repellent or water-resistant outerwear may not keep you completely dry.
- A removable hood is a good feature to have in a jacket, since it gives you two different looks.
- Softshell jackets can be quite affordable, so if you are very active, you could consider picking up several: one best suited for the rain, one to keep warm and another as a backup on hiking or camping trips.
- Get stretch-woven softshells for fair weather activities, or layer them under heavier jackets.
- Check the technical specifications on the jackets you are considering. This will let you know how waterproof they are and what temperatures you can expect to use them in comfortably.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide