Tach-It 4-GM Twist Ties, 500-Piece
Last updated date: June 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Twist Ties and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Twist Tie you should buy.
Editor's Note June 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Twist Ties for a detailed review of all the top twist ties.
You'll never run out of twist ties with this 500-pack of 4-inch gold ties. The gold adds a little festivity to items like gift bags, making them perfect for tying up baked goods during the gift-giving season. You can also choose a pack of 25, as well as opting for ties in a 7-inch length.
In our analysis, the Tach-It Tach-It 4-GM Twist Ties, 500-Piece placed 2nd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Tach-It 4-GM 4-Inch Gold Metallic Twist Ties, 500 Count (Pack of 1). 4" Cut Lengths. Perfect for hand twist tying. 500 ties per package. Adds Sparkle to any package.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Twist Ties
Few things have as many uses as a good twist tie. They’re so useful, you’ll often find them keeping bags closed in the bread section of the grocery store. In fact, if you’ve ever lost the twist tie on your bread, you probably know all too well how valuable having a replacement twist tie around the house can be.
You might not realize you can buy twist ties in varying quantities to have on hand. In addition to replacing the ones you lose from your loaves of bread, though, you can use them to hold cords in place or bind plants together in your garden until they can stand on their own. Buy a pack during the holidays and pair them with plastic bags to hold small quantities of baked goods and other items to hand out as gifts.
A good twist tie has a strong, but flexible inner wire, covered by a softer exterior. That exterior has traditionally been coated plastic in varying levels of quality. The ones you find in the grocery store typically won’t be as durable as those you can buy in packages. However, you’ll also find larger, thicker twist ties with an exterior made of rubber. The rubber ones are especially durable.
Size is an important factor when you’re choosing twist ties. You’ll find them in varying lengths, but four and five inches tend to be the most popular. You can also buy them in spools, cutting the exact length you need. That option is perfect if you’re buying thicker twist ties for use in your tool shop.
When it comes to twist ties, a sturdier option allows you to get multiple uses out of each one. This can be an eco-friendly alternative to buying less durable twist ties in larger quantities that you can only use one or two times before tossing them away. If you use twist ties regularly, it might be worth considering a lower quantity of ties you can use over and over.
The Twist Tie Buying Guide
- Usually, you’ll find ties come in a fixed length. However, you can find some packs that hold ties in a variety of lengths. This can offer more versatility than you’ll have with a pack that has dozens of ties in one fixed length.
- Twist ties are also available in packs featuring assorted colors. While this may seem solely for appearance purposes, color coding can be a great way to separate your projects. You can use one tie for the cables that go to your computer and another for the cables that go to your monitor, for instance.
- If you’re planning to use twist ties to bind bags that will hold gifts, consider ordering them in colors to match the festivities. Gold twist ties can be a nice touch for holiday gifts, for instance.
- It can be easy to focus on the exterior of the twist tie you’re holding, but the secret to its durability is the wire inside. Those that last the longest emphasize the strength of that wire, but it also needs to provide the flexibility required to easily twist it into place.
- Although you can find more durable ties for multiple uses, sometimes an all-purpose, thinner and smaller tie in large quantities is more reasonable. Your gift bags, for instance, won’t need a tie that can hold up through multiple uses since they’ll likely just be tossed in the trash by recipients.
- Some twist ties feature a flat design that allows them to more easily fit together in storage. If you’re squeezing them into a drawer or you have limited shelf space in your pantry, for instance, you might prefer this option.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide