Tablo Dual LITE TDNS2B-01-CN OTA Digital Video Recorder For Cord Cutters
Last updated date: March 21, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tablo OTA DVRs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tablo OTA DVR you should buy.
Update as March 21, 2022:
Checkout The Best Tablo OTA DVR for a detailed review of all the top tablo ota dvrs.
Watch your favorite shows without paying for an expensive cable subscription when you opt for this Tablo device. Not only will you be able to watch and pause, live antenna television, but you'll also be able to record shows and movies. Of course, the ability to automatically skip commercials is a welcome bonus.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Tablo Dual LITE TDNS2B-01-CN OTA Digital Video Recorder placed 1st when we looked at the top 4 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Tablo is a network-connected DVR that streams live and recorded over-the-air (OTA) HDTV from your digital antenna to any screen, anytime, anywhere using the Tablo app. Tablo DUAL LITE can stream or record up to two OTA TV channels like ABC, CBS, fox, NBC, the CW or PBS, simultaneously. A whole-home DVR for cord cutters, Tablo is the only OTA DVR that allows you to use either Ethernet or dual-band AC Wi-Fi to connect your TV antenna to your home network so you can place the DVR and antenna in the best location for OTA TV signal reception. Tablo apps are available for iOS/Android mobile phones and tablets, Computers, Smart TVs, streaming media and gaming devices, including Roku, Fire TV, android TV, NVIDIA shield TV, and Apple TV. Video Format – H.264 (HLS: HTTP Live Streaming) Advanced features including automatic commercial skip, out of home streaming, etc. require a subscription. USB Hard Drive required, sold separately.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Tablo OTA DVRs
Cable and satellite television subscriptions continue to grow in price. Tablo saw this and decided to do something about it. They created a way for consumers to access high-definition television content for free. Once they did that, they decided to take the concept a step further by developing a way to record television content as well. This helped further the cord-cutting movement by making it possible for more and more individuals to cut out their expensive television subscriptions.
Tablo has several different OTA (over the air) DVR models to choose from, all of which are designed to be used right out of the box. Set up is a breeze and takes just a few minutes of your time. All you need to do is connect the unit to your home network using either the ethernet port or the Wi-Fi connection.
The next step to using one of Tablo’s devices is to download the Tablo app. This app is available at no extra cost and allows for live streaming. It can be downloaded on all smartphones, smart televisions and computers, as well as other devices, like the Xbox, Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku and Android TV.
What exactly can you do with Tablo models? In addition to watching live OTA television shows and movies, the devices also allow users to pause the television program, so they can take a bathroom break or make a snack without missing any scenes. The devices make it possible to record up to four shows at once, as well as rewind or fast-forward scenes when desired. Tablo even provides the ability to browse upcoming shows and schedule and manage recordings.
There’s always the option of upgrading and getting a paid subscription with Tablo. There are several benefits of going this route. You’ll be able to stream live-recorded television outside of your home. So, let’s say you’re taking a road trip with your RV. You’ll be able to watch Monday night football right from your campsite. Paid subscriptions also come with the ability to automatically skip commercials.
The Tablo OTA DVR Buying Guide
- While you can use Tablo devices for free after purchasing them, you’ll only have access to basic channels and 24 hours of the channel guide. You’ll need to upgrade with a paid subscription to have access to additional categories, as well as the device’s special features.
- It is important to point out that no DVR storage is built into Tablo devices; however, there is room for a hard drive.
- Some models require users to purchase an antenna separately.
- Just like any of your other electronic devices, Tablo devices are at risk for dust build-up. To keep yours running smoothly, you’ll want to dust the unit from time to time. When you’re ready to complete this task, make sure you unplug the device from any power sources. Use an anti-static cleaning wipe to wipe down the Tablo’s surface. Wait for the unit to dry before plugging it back in to the power source.
- The cost for a Tablo is dependent upon several factors. For example, you can expect a two-tuner model to cost less than a four-tuner unit. Devices that are only USB compatible are also cheaper than the models that are USB and SATA compatible. Consumers will find the Tablo Dual LITE TDNS2B-01-CN OTA Digital Video Recorder and the Tablo DUAL 64GB OTA DVR For Cord Cutters are a bit more affordable than their Tablo 4-Tuner Over-The-Air DVR HDTV and Tablo Quad TQNS4B-01-CN Over-The-Air DVR 200 counterparts.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide