Tablo 4-Tuner Over-The-Air DVR HDTV
Last updated date: September 13, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tablo Dual Lites and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tablo Dual Lite you should buy.
Editor's Note September 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Tablo Dual Lite for a detailed review of all the top tablo dual lites.
Whether you want to watch live TV, browse the current show schedule or manage your recordings, this Tablo Dual LITE has you covered. It's extremely easy to set up, even if you aren't tech savvy. You can even download the company's app and view shows from your smartphone, Fire TV or Xbox.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Tablo Tablo 4-Tuner Over-The-Air DVR HDTV placed 3rd when we looked at the top 4 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Tablo is a 4-Tuner Over-The-Air (OTA) DVR for Cord-Cutters using HDTV antennas to access broadcast TV signals. All Tablo units include dual band Wi-Fi enabling Tablo and the antenna to be placed in an optimal location for OTA reception. Browse, record and stream up to four simultaneous live or recorded HDTV programs on your iPad, Android tablet, laptop, smartphone, or your big screen TV using Roku, Chrome cast or Apple TV. A Whole-Home-DVR and place shifter combined, Tablo streams your favorite HDTV programs including local news and sports to all connected devices on your home network or anywhere you have internet. Setup- It's easy to start enjoying free Over-the-Air TV with a 4-Tuner Tablo OTA DVR. Here's how- Connect your HDTV Antenna. Connect a USB Hard Drive - required both for streaming live TV and recording. Connect Tablo to your Home Network - via WiFi or Ethernet. Connect the Power Adapter
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Tablo Dual Lites
Cable and satellite television subscriptions continue to grow in price. Tablo saw this and decided to do something about it. They created a way for consumers to access high-definition television content for free. Once they did that, they decided to take the concept a step further by developing a way to record television content as well. This helped further the cord-cutting movement by making it possible for more and more individuals to cut out their expensive television subscriptions.
Tablo has several different OTA (over the air) DVR models to choose from, all of which are designed to be used right out of the box. Set up is a breeze and takes just a few minutes of your time. All you need to do is connect the unit to your home network using either the ethernet port or the Wi-Fi connection.
The next step to using one of Tablo’s devices is to download the Tablo app. This app is available at no extra cost and allows for live streaming. It can be downloaded on all smartphones, smart televisions and computers, as well as other devices, like the Xbox, Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku and Android TV.
What exactly can you do with the Tablo Dual LITE? In addition to watching live OTA television shows and movies, this device also allows users to pause the television program, so they can take a bathroom break or make a snack without missing any scenes. The device makes it possible to record up to four shows at once, as well as rewind or fast-forward scenes when desired. Tablo even provides the ability to browse upcoming shows and schedule and manage recordings.
There’s always the option of upgrading and getting a paid subscription with Tablo. There are several benefits of going this route. You’ll be able to stream live recorded television outside of your home. So, let’s say you’re taking a road trip with your RV. You’ll be able to watch Monday night football right from your campsite. Paid subscriptions also come with the ability to automatically skip commercials.
The Tablo Dual Lite Buying Guide
- While you can use the Tablo Dual LITE for free after purchasing the device, you’ll only have access to basic channels and 24 hours of the channel guide. You’ll need to upgrade with a paid subscription to have access to additional categories, as well as the device’s special features.
- It is important to point out that no DVR storage is built-in to the Tablo Dual LITE; however, there is room for a hard drive.
- Some models require users to purchase an antenna separately.
- Reviewers report that setup for the Tablo Dual LITE works best on iOS devices.
- Just like any of your other electronic devices, the Tablo Dual LITE is at risk for dust build up. To keep it running smoothly, you’ll want to dust the unit from time to time. When you’re ready to complete this task, make sure you unplug the device from any power sources. Use an anti-static cleaning wipe to wipe down the Tablo’s surface. Wait for the unit to dry before plugging it back in to the power source.
- The cost for a Tablo Dual LITE is dependent upon several factors. For example, you can expect a two-tuner model to cost less than a four-tuner unit. Devices that are only USB compatible are also cheaper than the models that are USB and SATA compatible. Consumers will find the Tablo Dual LITE TDNS2B-01-CN OTA Digital Video Recorder and the Tablo DUAL 64GB OTA DVR For Cord Cutters are a bit more affordable than their Tablo 4-Tuner Over-The-Air DVR HDTV and Tablo Quad TQNS4B-01-CN Over-The-Air DVR 200 counterparts.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide