SYLVANIA White Equivalent A29 LED Dimmable Light Bulb, 24-Pack
Last updated date: September 29, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dimmable Lightbulbs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dimmable Lightbulb you should buy.
These energy efficient LEDS are just 8.5 watts but emit a light output of 800 lumens and are a great substitute for standard 60-watt bulbs. Each bulb has the lifespan of 11,000 hours. In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the SYLVANIA SYLVANIA A29 LED Dimmable Light Bulb, 24-Pack placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Dimmable Lightbulb for a detailed review of all the top dimmable lightbulbs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
These LED lamps make an energy-efficient replacement and substitute for standard 60 watt incandescent lamps. At 8. 5 watts, each bulb emits the bright light output of 800 lumens
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dimmable Lightbulbs
Dimmable lights support a reduction in energy consumption and prime mood lighting in your home. To utilize this type of lighting, you must have a dimmable light switch installed and compatible light bulbs. While installing a non-dimmable bulb in a dimmable circuit may cause damage to the bulb or circuit, a dimmable bulb in a non-dimmable circuit will work just fine—it will just run at an unadjustable 100 percent output. Light bulbs are clearly marked as dimmable or non-dimmable on their packaging or ordering website.
There are as many dimmer-compatible light bulbs available for sale as standard bulbs, with variations in type, wattage, size, style and color of lighting. Like adjusting the water pressure on a facet, incandescent bulbs or lights with filaments are the easiest to dim (it’s a matter of lowering the power supplied to the filament using the dimmer switch). Florescent lights are commonly not dimmable due to the cost of dimmer-compatible ballasts, while compact florescent lights (CFL) that are fitted with their own ballast and standard screw bases are (check the manufacturers’ instructions to make sure).
Light-emitting diodes (LED), which uses 75 percent energy and last 25 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs, are another popular option. While LEDs are generally priced higher than incandescent ones, they cost less to operate and don’t have to be replaced near as often, saving you cash over the lifetime of the bulb. But your dimming module’s compatibility with LED bulb determines if and how well the system works, so be aware of your dimmer manufacturer’s requirements.
DWYM Fun Fact
- Hong Kong, which is lauded as the world’s brightest metropolis, emits 1,000 more light than the average international city.
- Viva Vision on Fremont Street in Las Vegas, which underwent a $32 million renovation that was completed in 2019, is made of 49.3 million energy efficient LED lamps and is the largest video screen in the world. The free light show has 600,000-watt sound and blasts music from Imagine Dragons, Green Day and more.
The Dimmable Lightbulb Buying Guide
- Do not install a non-dimmable LED or filament light bulb in a dimmable circuit.
- LEDS have a lower dimming range than incandescent lightbulbs.
- The dimming performance of an LED light is regulated by the capability of the built-in driver or circuitry of an LED and the compatibility of the dimming system. A few functionality issues to look out for that may occur when a dimmer is connected to an incompatible LED bulb include no visible light output, light output that doesn’t match the movement of the dimmer switch and flickering.
- Most LED light bulbs on the marketplace are dimmable, if you are using a compact florescent light (CFL) or LED dimmer.