Swpeet Multi-Purpose Metal Clothespins, 50-Count
Last updated date: May 15, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Clothespins and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Clothespin you should buy.
Update as September 8, 2021:
Checkout The Best Clothespin for a detailed review of all the top clothespins.
In our analysis, the Swpeet Swpeet Multi-Purpose Metal Clothespins, 50-Count placed 11th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MULTI-PURPOSE --- Not just can be used to dry small clothes. Great for clothes line, bag sealing, paper clips, bookmarks, hanging messages, document holders, display photo, house - clothes pins, chip clips, organizers, etc. MULTI-COLOR --- We have prepared for you many different colors, you can use to clip different items, beautiful colors, with a very clear identification function, so that your items become more orderly. QUALITY GUARANTEE --- Made of stainless steel wire wound, the external package of color plastic. High-quality construction of these stainless steel wire clothespin clamps doesn't just translate into strength. It also translates into durability. Good flexibility, solid folder and durable. SMALL AND PRACTICAL --- Small, so it's not easy to be carried, but also suitable for travel to use and to provide you with others convenience. Mainly used as clothes peg to hang clothes, socks, etc. Also used as gathering clips for photos, cards, papers and sealing clips for foods, snacks, fruits and so on. It's a perfect helper for housewives. SIZE: 2.1"Length × 1.3"Width ×0.6"Height; Weight:10g per piece; Material: steel wire clip with PVC plastic coating.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Clothespins
A clothespin is a useful product in a small package. Sometimes referred to as a clothes peg, a clothespin is a type of fastener used to affix wet laundry to a clothesline to dry. While many people use a clothes dryer to get their clothes free of water, others still rely on outdoor clotheslines hung up in the backyard. A clothespin ensures that the clean laundry does not blow away in the wind.
The design of a clothespin is quite simple. Two interlocking wooden, or sometimes plastic or steel, prongs are held together by a small metallic spring. When you pinch the two prongs close together at the top, the bottom of the prongs open up with a lever action. When the prongs are open, you can slip them over the clothes on the clothesline. If you release the prongs at the top, they will then close up at the bottom, holding the clothes and clotheslines together. This creates a strong grip that’s necessary for the task at hand.
While clothespins come in handy when you’re doing your laundry, that is not the only use for them around the house. In the kitchen, clothespins can be used to securely close bags of chips, crackers, flour, sugar and other dry goods so that the food doesn’t spill out, and excess air doesn’t get in. If your trash bags often fall into the bin, you can use clothespins to pin them to the sides of the can.
Clothespins also come in handy in your garden. Use them to weigh down tablecloths on your patio table so they don’t blow up with the wind. If you want to get the new branches of your young trees to spread out, you can wedge a clothespin into the fork of the branch and trunk. This will help the branches grow farther apart.
The Clothespin Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for clothespins, be sure to check for durability, as that is one of the most important qualities. You don’t want to end up with a package of clothespins that fall apart whenever you need them. Wooden clothespins are long-lasting, and you can also find sturdy plastic and metal ones.
- When it comes to the metal spring in the middle of the clothespin, opt for a galvanized metal one that is non-rusting. That way, your clothespins will not fall apart due to rust. Check for clothespins that have heavy-duty springs so they can be used for any task you have around the home.
- The last thing you want with your clothespins is for them to slip off the materials they are holding together. Check to see if the clothespins have no-slip grip or no-slip construction. This helps ensure they stay put when closed so that the items you’ve pinned together don’t move around.
- Clothespins come in packages of varying quantities. Consider what you need to use them for around the house, and how many will do the trick. For example, if you use them for laundry, you’ll need at least a couple of dozen pins for a small load. If you’re also using them in your garden or around the house, you’ll need to add some more. Many people also make crafts out of clothespins, in which case you’ll want to opt for a large package. You can find clothespins packages of as small as 25 to as big as a couple hundred.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide