SWISSGEAR 1900 ScanSmart TSA-Friendly College Laptop College Backpack
Last updated: September 22, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top College Backpacks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best College Backpack you should buy.
Travel without worry with this functional and TSA-friendly backpack. It is made out of durable polyester to withstand heavy and rough use. It includes multiple compartments of different sizes for the best usability.In our analysis of 61 expert reviews, the SWISSGEAR ScanSmart TSA-Friendly Laptop College Backpack placed 9th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Made with durable, weather-resistant 1200D ballistic polyester to withstand heavy use and harsh conditions
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
College Backpack Rankings
Heading to your college classes with a backpack that’s falling apart or can’t quite accommodate all of your textbooks is no fun. When you want to focus on your studies and make sure you ace your next paper, it’s important you have everything you need right at your fingertips. A backpack that has room for all of your things is an excellent way to prepare for the exciting year ahead.
When you’re looking for a college backpack, start by figuring out what kinds of things you’ll need to bring with you. If you’re staying on or close to campus, you may have the opportunity to head back to your room to grab things or switch books out of your bag. But if you have a tightly packed schedule or live far from school, then you’ll want to make sure you bring everything you need with you.
Many college students bring their laptop or tablet so they can take notes digitally. It’s lot more efficient than taking notes by hand. A special laptop pocket in your backpack ensures your tech is safe. It won’t bump around as you move and won’t get banged up if you set your backpack on the floor. Make sure you use this pocket every time you bring your laptop or tablet with you. In addition, make sure you bring your charger with you, in case it runs out of batteries.
You’ll also need space for a few textbooks, notebooks and stationery. It’s also important to bring a reusable water bottle or coffee cup, as well as a few healthy and energizing snacks. Don’t forget things like your Chapstick, sunglasses and a pack of gum.
- Your college backpack needs to have room for everything you need to carry. Begin by making a list of things you’ll be bringing with you on a daily basis so you can get an idea of the kind of space you’ll need. Then opt for a backpack that has different compartments and pockets. You don’t want to get a backpack that has just one giant pocket, because then it will be really hard to organize and find your things.
- Durability is key so that you don’t have to replace your college backpack in the middle of the school year. For handles and straps, check the stitching to make sure they are well-anchored to the bag and won’t tear off. A rubber bottom on the bag will ensure it doesn’t tear. Heavy cloth or canvas material is best and able to last through many years of use.
- When it comes to zippers, looks for sturdy ones that have a fabric flap over top for protection. This way, the zippers aren’t exposed to snow and rain which can cause them to rust and deteriorate.
- For many college students, having a USB charger built into your backpack makes a world of difference. That way if your phone or laptop dies midday, you can get it back up and running. Keep in mind that tech features will increase the weight of the bag. They can also increase the price.
- Look for broad straps that are padded. These make it more comfortable to carry around a heavy load all day. Having a padded back panel is also helpful. A waist strap helps to distribute the weight more evenly over your body, so that not all of the burden is on your shoulders.