Swiss Safe First Aid & Survival Kit, 200 Piece
Last updated date: November 18, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top First Aid Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best First Aid Kit you should buy.
In our analysis of 95 expert reviews, the Swiss Safe Swiss Safe First Aid & Survival Kit, 200 Piece placed 11th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best First Aid Kit for a detailed review of all the top first aid kits.
From The Manufacturer
First Aid 200-Piece Kit Lighweight for Camping, Outdoors, Hiking with Emergency Survival Gear First Aid Kit Outdoor and Survival Items FULL LIST OF FIRST AID KIT CONTENTS: List of First Aid Items List of First Aid Items List of Outdoor Survival Items First Aid Kit - Front Side Back side of First Aid Kit First Aid Booklet Compact, Lighweight, Portable At only 5 inches wide and 7 inches tall, the Swiss Safe First Aid Kit is perfect for taking with you wherever your travels may lead you. Fully-Stocked with Outdoor Survival Items Intelligently organized with 200 first aid items and outdoor survival supplies, including an emergency thermal mylar blanket, magnesium firestarter with built-in navigational compass and emergency whistle, a compact hand saw, an 11-piece fishing kit with swivels and sinkers, and a mini signaling mirror. Comprehensive First Aid Booklet Also includes a comprehensive 18-page first aid guide to help you correctly administer first aid both in the wilderness and at home. Swiss Safe Logo About Swiss Safe Swiss Safe is a trusted leader in providing high quality medical-grade first aid supplies for either your business or home use. We fully stand behind the quality of our products and take pride in our manufacturing and quality control practices to ensure you are receiving the best products possible and that you have a super buying experience. Your satisfaction is always our top priority. We hope you will experience the Swiss Safe difference.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On First Aid Kits
While there’s no way to predict when an emergency will happen, it is possible to make certain preparations, so that you are ready to treat an injury if one occurs. One way to do this is to keep a first aid kit nearby. It’s a good idea to have a kit in your home, as well as one in your car. If you travel, play sports or go on hikes, you’ll need a portable first aid kit to take with you.
When shopping for a first aid kit, keep the following features in mind:
Examine the first aid kit’s case to make sure it meets your needs. If you’re simply using the kit at home and space isn’t an issue, a large kit made out of plastic is just fine. However, if you need the kit during an outdoor adventure, you’ll want a kit like that has a waterproof polyester outer shell, as well as waterproof pouches on the inside. This type of kit will stay intact even if it rains or the kit gets dropped in a lake.
Check the size of the first aid kit next. Do you need it to fit in your glove compartment or the pocket of a backpack? In addition to making kits of varying sizes, there are also kits on the market that can be attached to the strap of a backpack or the belt of your pants.
Open the first aid kit up and make sure the contents are organized and easy to identify. The First Aid Only All-Purpose First Aid Kit, 299 Piece has its contents in clear plastic zipper bags that allow users to quickly view the available items, so they can grab what they need in a hurry. Other models use clear plastic pockets. Some even have inner sleeves that label each of the items within the kit.
Look at the contents within the first aid kit and make sure they are of good quality. The Protect Life First Aid Emergency Kit, 200-Piece is filled with FDA approved items that are medical-grade quality. This type of kit is also a preferred choice to have in your home or place of business in the event of a natural disaster, such as an earthquake or tornado.
Consider purchasing a first aid kit that has a few extras. For example, the M2 BASICS First Aid Kit w/Bag, 300 Piece comes with a “First Aid Guide,” a compass, a whistle and an emergency blanket.
DWYM Fun Fact
Before the invention of the first aid kit, homeowners were able to stock up on a few essential supplies for cuts and scrapes, but that was only helpful if an injury happened at home. Emergencies that occurred while someone was out and about meant a bystander would have to send for the nearest doctor. The problem with that was that a doctor wasn’t always nearby. Bystanders with no medical training would often try and help, but this didn’t always end well.
At the end of the 1800s, trains were the main source of transportation. One day in 1888, Robert Wood Johnson, owner of the famous Johnson & Johnson company was talking with the railway’s chief surgeon and discovered that there weren’t enough supplies available to treat injuries that happened to workers who were involved in the construction of the railways. Most of the time, the workers were far from a doctor or hospital. This led Johnson to create the very first-ever first aid kit.
First aid kits were originally made from either metal or wood and stocked with things like gauze, sutures and bandages. Each kit also featured items that were specific to common railway injuries. It wasn’t long after the kits were released that Johnson realized people didn’t know how to properly use the kits. That led him to create and release the “Hand Book of First Aid.”
The First Aid Kit Buying Guide
- Always check the inner sleeve of the first aid kit after you buy it. Double-check that each item listed there is indeed in the kit. You don’t want to find out later during an emergency that something is missing.
- It’s a good idea to do a little reading on the subject of first aid. Learn about common injuries and how they are best treated until you can get the hurt individual to a doctor or hospital. Make sure you know how to properly use all of the items in your first aid kit, so you don’t do more harm than good when you attempt to render first aid.
- If you have children in the home, you may also want to hold a family meeting to go over the items in the kit with your kids. Take some time during the meeting to discuss a few possible emergencies and how those emergencies should be handled. Teach your children how to dial 911 in an emergency and have them memorize their address and phone number to tell the dispatcher.
- In the event that you must use some of the supplies within your first aid kit, make sure you quickly replace them with new supplies. It’s important that your kit always is kept fully stocked if you are going to be prepared for the next emergency.
- The price of first aid kits varies slightly based on the quality of the case holding the supplies and the number of supplies included in the kit. You’ll find the First Aid Only All-Purpose First Aid Kit, 299 Piece, the M2 BASICS First Aid Kit w/Bag, 300 Piece and the Protect Life First Aid Emergency Kit, 200-Piece are all similar in price, while the MFASCO Emergency Response First Aid Kit commands a slightly higher price.