Sweet Home Stores Shag Runner, 2.7×8-Foot
Last updated date: September 3, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Carpet Runners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Carpet Runner you should buy.
With 15 color options and different sizes available, the Sweet Home Stores Shag Runner, 2.7x8-Foot has a soft, comfortable feel that makes it suitable for various areas of your home. The neutral colors and solid design easily blends with any decor. This rug will need to be used with a rug pad to prevent slipping. In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Sweet Home Stores Sweet Home Stores Shag Runner, 2.7x8-Foot placed 7th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 3, 2020:
Checkout The Best Carpet Runner for a detailed review of all the top carpet runners.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Cozy Shag Collection features a simple yet sophisticated fusion of traditional Moroccan trellis motif or solid design and contemporary shag construction for a neat look that elegantly accents most furnishing and floors with easy-to-design styling. Machine-made with premium quality, the jute backing and soft polypropylene pile offers wear, stain and fade resistance, which makes this rug serviceable for long years to come on a wide range of floors as a luxurious, modern and trendy update including heavy traffic areas like living room, dining room, teens room, guest room, nursery room, TV room, kids room, entrance, dorm room, bedroom, family room, staircase, foyer, entryways and hallways. It protects your floors as well as acting as a noise damper. The soft anti-stain and shed-free pile offers a fresh and cozy feeling and easy maintenance as well as providing a safe and comfortable space for your kids, guests and pets. Available in a rich assortment of sizes, shapes and colors, this family-friendly area rug is also a great way to re-do a room without breaking the bank and an ideal gift for holidays and birthdays. If you are looking for a comfortable and relaxing environment for your morning coffee, evening dinner or happy hours in your home or office, this shaggy rug is what you need. Update any space in your home instantly and effortlessly when you roll out this stylish rug.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Carpet Runners
A carpet runner is a great way to add a pop of color to any room or hallway. This long, narrow rug can be used in a living room, entryway or hallway as an accent piece. It can also become functional if you place it in front of a vanity, kitchen sink or any other area where you stand for long periods of time. With the right pile type and height, you’ll not only get extra support for your joints while you stand, but you’ll also find it enjoyable against your bare feet.
But it can be all too easy to go by appearances when selecting any type of area rug. Although color and design are closely connected to how well your rug fits with your décor, other features will become much more important once the rug is in place. One is simply how quickly it picks up stains. Many rugs are made from polypropylene, which isn’t as soft as other materials, but the fibers are stain-resistant. Polypropylene is also more durable, so it will give you many years of use without showing signs of wear.
The underside of your rug is also an important factor. If a rug promotes a “jute” backing, that simply means it’s woven. As attractive as that is in the store, you’ll need a rubber rug pad beneath it so that when you step on it, it won’t slip. Many rugs come with that rubber backing in place, which will save you the trouble and expense of purchasing and placing it so that it doesn’t show.
DWYM Fun Fact
Rugs evolved over the years to become the standard household items they are today. Long before carpet flooring was an option in homes, 1600s-era housewives would create patterns on their bare floors in sand they poured over the surface. The growing popularity of sawmills later allowed homeowners to enjoy painted wood floors, often featuring black and white squares designed to look like the marble floors found in fancier European homes. Oriental rugs grew in popularity in the 18th century, but homeowners found them too nice to be subjected to foot traffic, which led to them initially being used as table coverings. The ready availability of hooked rugs in the early 1800s pushed rugs into the mainstream.
The Carpet Runner Buying Guide
- If your rug doesn’t have a rubber backing, make sure you purchase a mat that extends all the way to the edge of the rug without passing it. For non-carpeted areas, you’ll need a pad that grips the floor to keep it from sliding along with the rug.
- As attractive as bright, boldly patterned rugs can be, solid rugs and neutral tones tend to work more easily with a home’s existing décor.
- Make sure you measure the space before buying. If you can’t find a rug in the exact size you need, you can purchase custom-sized rugs.
- Shag height is another feature worth considering. A higher pile can provide that luxurious “sinking in” feeling, but it also can be tougher to vacuum.
- A rug with fibers that don’t shed means you won’t have to worry about vacuuming the surrounding area on a regular basis.
- The edges of the rug contribute to how easy it is to blend with your décor. You’ll want edges that are tightly bound to avoid bulk, especially if you’ll be sliding the rug under a piece of furniture like a sofa.
- Although some rugs are labeled machine washable, this isn’t advised. If you need to clean your rug, you’re better off relying on a professional. Spot carpet cleaners are great for getting rid of those occasional stains.