Sweet Home Long-Lasting Polypropylene Runner Rug, 1.8×4.11-Foot
Last updated date: January 20, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Runner Rugs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Runner Rug you should buy.
Update as January 20, 2023:
Checkout The Best Runner Rug for a detailed review of all the top runner rugs.
Available in six color options, this runner rug has a more simplistic style. It measures 20 inches by 59 inches and is perfect for a hallway, mud room, utility room or kitchen. The runner is also thick and durable and made with a rubber backing to keep it firmly planted on your floor.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the Sweet Home Long-Lasting Polypropylene Runner Rug, 1.8x4.11-Foot placed 1st when we looked at the top 21 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
SweetHome Stores offers rugs and runner rugs that are both functional and decorative to contribute a trendy compliment to your space and home decor while preserving your floors from dirt, scratches, wear and tear. Our Contemporary Carpet Aisle Solid Hallway Kitchen Runner Rug features a trendy solid design in an eye-catching red color that will brigthen any space. Resistant to fading, stains and shedding, this durable rug offers a fuss-free maintanence and can be an ideal choice for homes with kids and pets as well as heavy traffic areas like hallways, kitchens, entryways, living rooms. Machine-woven loop texture with 100% nylon low-pile for long-lasting quality makes this rug easy to lay flat and feels comfortable under your, your kids’ and pets’ feet; while the non-slip rubber backing helps with grip so your rug stays safely in place without moving even when you vacuum. Convert your house into a home with a finishing touch by simply setting one rug from this collection under your kitchen table, in your living room or by your foyer to greet your guests in a gracefully welcoming manner.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Runner Rugs
As hardwood flooring has become popular, homeowners are increasingly looking for ways to brighten up small areas of the home. That long strip of hallway or a narrow foyer can seem bare, especially if you’re more of a minimalist when it comes to interior design. A runner rug is perfect for those spaces, giving you a pop of color while also providing a soft, cushy walking area.
But there are things to consider when you’re picking out a runner rug. Some rugs have a high pile height, which makes the experience of walking across them enjoyable. If your rug is going in a bedroom or hallway, this can come in handy, especially if you’ll be walking across it on the way to the restroom when you first wake up each morning. But you may also find this type of rug ideal for areas where you’ll be standing for long periods of time, such as the kitchen.
In many cases, though, you’ll find a runner rug has a lower pile height. There’s a reason for that. Lower piles make it easy to slide a rug under furniture. It can also withstand heavy use, making it great for an area of the home that gets more foot traffic. These rugs go better in areas like foyers and living rooms, especially if young children will be running across them and you’re concerned about tripping.
The Runner Rug Buying Guide
- The first thing to look for in a rug is the backing. If your rug doesn’t come with nonskid backing, you’ll need a rug pad sized to fit your rug.
- There’s no getting away from aesthetics, though. A top consideration will also be how well the design of the rug meshes with your existing décor. A neutral rug will be more versatile, but you may choose to buy the rug and decorate to match.
- Durability can be a challenge with rugs, especially if you put one in a high-traffic area. Many runner rugs are made from polypropylene, which is both stain and wear-resistant.
- Although you can always dry clean your rug, some are machine washable, making the occasional cleaning a breeze.
- Keep spot cleaner on hand for any spills or dirt buildup. You can go a long way without cleaning if you simply clean any stains as they happen and vacuum regularly.
- If you need a special size, measure the area and make sure you find one that fits. Many rugs are available in a variety of size options, and some can even be custom ordered.
- In addition to pile height, the edges of your rug affect whether it’s a trip hazard or not. Some rugs can bunch up on the corners, causing accidents, especially if they’re in high-traffic areas.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide