Sweet Home Collection 1500 Thread Sheet Set
Last updated date: October 22, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fitted Sheets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fitted Sheet you should buy.
For consumers who have standard-thickness mattresses, the Sweet Home Collection 1500 Thread Sheet Set is a great option. The fitted sheet is designed to fit mattresses of around 12 inches in depth. You'll also get wrinkle resistance and a wide range of color options. During our testing, we felt that these sheets looked more expensive than they actually were. We liked the additional elastic bands to secure the corners of the fitted sheet, as well as the envelope-style pillow cases. In our analysis of 138 expert reviews, the Sweet Home Collection Sweet Home Collection 1500 Thread Sheet Set placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 22, 2019:
Checkout The Best Sheet Set for a detailed review of all the top fitted sheets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
100% Microfiber Imported. LUXURY QUALITY 4 PIECE SHEET SET - Embroidered pillowcases, deep pocket fitted sheets, 100% double brushed bed sheets for premium comfort and heirloom-style quality. A fresh set of bed sheets is always welcomed whether it be for your own bed or as a gift. Whatever the occasion may be these soft and cozy bed sheets are a great choice. HOW WE MEASURE UP: Queen: 1 Flat (92" x 102") 1 Fitted (60" x 80") and 2 Standard Pillowcases (20" x 30"). King: 1 Flat (102"x105") 1 Fitted (78"x80") and 2 King Pillowcases (20"x40"). Cal King: 1 Flat (108"x102") 1 Fitted (72"x84") and 2 King Pillowcases (20"x40"). Full: 1 Flat (81"x96") 1 Fitted (54"x75") and 2 Standard Pillowcases (20"x30"). Twin: 1 Flat (66" x 96"), 1 Fitted (39" x 75"), 1 Standard Pillowcase (20" x 30"). DEEP POCKETS: Fits mattresses up to 16" deep with elastic all around the fitted sheet HIGHEST QUALITY BRUSHED MICROFIBER -Made of the highest quality microfiber with the largest selection of rich vibrant colors that will certainly add to your bedroom decor. Our bed sheet sets are also wrinkle and fade resistant to give your bed that fresh new ironed look every single time! WASH INSTRUCTIONS: Machine wash in cold water with similar colors. Tumble dry low. Do not bleach. Equivalent to 1500 Thread Count Sheet Sets. Brand New and Factory Sealed No Ironing Necessary. WE GUARENTEE THAT EACH AND EVERY REVIEW ON THIS LISTING WAS LEFT HONESTLY. OTHER SELLERS MAY HAVE GIVEN AWAY PRODUCTS IN EXCHANGE FOR THEIR POSITIVE REVIEWS. OUR REVIEWS HAVE BEEN ACCUMULATED OVER MANY YEARS AS WE CONTINUE TO IMPROVE. We do encourage customers to always leave product reviews. Since 2012, we have used customer reviews to improve our bedding listings and our sheets & pillowcase sets. We have always been committed to our customers and we will continue to be in the future.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fitted Sheets
High-quality cotton sheets can be pricey, especially if you’re buying for a dorm room or outfitting your rarely used guest room mattresses. In recent years, advancements in microfiber design have provided an alternative. Not only are these sheets much more affordable, but they rival cotton sheets both in comfort and design.
However, not all microfiber sheets hold the same standards. Breathability is an important issue in sheets. Thin sheets feel better in the summertime, certainly, but microfiber still won’t be quite as breathable as cotton. That means you should make sure you wash them on a regular basis to prevent odors and mold, especially if you have sensitivities.
One thing complicating the buying process is that microfiber sheets aren’t graded by thread count like cotton sheets are. That can make comfort a guessing game. It’s important to pay attention to reviews to make sure you get sheets that you’ll love sleeping on.
As mattresses have gotten thicker, shopping for sheets has also become more complicated. Before you start shopping, measure the thickness of your mattress to make sure the fitted sheet you choose will fit over the sides. Many of today’s sheet sets have deep pockets to accommodate both thick mattresses and the memory foam toppers on many beds today. If you don’t have a thick mattress, you’ll have to shop for a sheet set that is built for your bed type.
Durability is also essential in a sheet set. You’ll want to be able to wash your sheets on a fairly regular basis without having to worry about wear. The best microfiber sheets are built to resist pilling and fading over time. You should also be able to wash them on cold and dry them on a cooler setting. Unless you like ironing your sheets, be sure to search for sheets built for wrinkle resistance.
DYWM Fun Fact
Top sheets appear to be headed toward extinction. Europeans already tend to sleep using only a fitted sheet and a duvet. As duvets have grown more popular in the U.S., consumers have found they no longer need a protective sheet between themselves and a comforter they can rarely wash. Duvets can be fitted with covers that can be removed and washed at the same time you wash your sheets. One linen company revealed that 40% of its customer base requests only a fitted sheet. However, older generations tend to stick with the tradition of having at least a top sheet, and sometimes even a blanket, as well, in between their bodies and their comforters or duvets.
The Fitted Sheet Buying Guide
- The first thing to look at as you’re searching for a new sheet set is size options. The Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set, Sweet Home Collection 1500 Thread Sheet Set and Bare Home 1800 Thread Sheet Set have dozens of color options, plus sizes ranging from twin to California and Split King. The AmazonBasics Sheet Set has dozens of color options but a smaller selection of sizes.
- Most microfiber sheets allow you to wash them, but it’s recommended you stick to cold temperatures to avoid fading. You’ll also need to dry them on low heat. One of the benefits of microfiber sheets over cotton, though, is that they dry faster. You may notice lint tends to stick more to microfiber material than cotton, so it’s best to avoid washing items like blankets and towels with your sheets.
- If you want your sheets to have that just-pressed look without pulling out the iron, look for wrinkle-resistant material. The Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set, Sweet Home Collection 1500 Thread Sheet Set, Bare Home 1800 Thread Sheet Set and AmazonBasics Sheet Set all keep wrinkles to a minimum, but it’s always best to remove your sheets from the dryer as soon as you hear the timer.
- All things considered, it’s all about how the sheets feel when you slide between them at night. The Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set has a level of softness similar to what you find with the best hotel sheets.
- If you have sensitivities, the Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set and Bare Home 1800 Thread Sheet Set are hypoallergenic, and the Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set is designed to resist bed bugs.
- Measure the depth of your mattress before you buy. The Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set and AmazonBasics Sheet Set are designed to work with mattresses of up to 16 inches deep, while the Sweet Home Collection 1500 Thread Sheet Set is better on 12-inch mattresses. Although you can use a 16-inch fitted sheet on a shallower mattress, you’ll have to deal with tucking the excess in.