Swanson Natural Boxed Chicken Broth Stock, 12-Pack
Last updated: August 7, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Boxed Chicken Broth Stocks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Boxed Chicken Broth Stock you should buy.
This boxed chicken broth stock is made with chickens sourced from trusted farms, along with fresh vegetables and flavorful spices. Keep this case of 12 32-ounce boxes of chicken stock with no artificial ingredients ready to use in your pantry.
In our analysis, the Swanson Natural Boxed Chicken Broth Stock, 12-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
SEASON TO TASTE: Our no-salt added recipe* makes our unsalted stock the perfect flavor foundation for you to add your own spices & flavors to! Try it in braises, sauces, gravies, skillet recipes, and more! *[Not a sodium free food]. 100% NATURAL CHICKEN STOCK: This chicken stock is crafted with no added MSG, no preservatives or artificial flavors, and is fat free, non-GMO and gluten free. QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Swanson chicken stock is made from chicken sourced from farms we trust and the finest vegetables and spices, picked at the peak of freshness. PERFECT FOR HOLIDAY COOKING: Bring out the best in your Thanksgiving recipes with Swanson stock’s unique balance of flavor that’s perfect for sauces and meats. CONVENIENT PANTRY STAPLE: This Swanson stock ships as a pack of 12 – 32-ounce resealable cartons that’s perfect to stock in your pantry.
Boxed Chicken Broth Stock Rankings
Boxed chicken broth stocks and concentrates are convenient, tasty alternatives to homemade chicken stock, when you do not have that on hand (and don’t feel like making any). You can choose from ready-to-pour boxed broths and concentrates in different forms, like bouillon cubes, powders and liquids.
Naturally, different broths provide different kinds of flavors. You can use a variety of chicken broths with different flavor profiles, depending on your needs. A heavily spiced one might work well in some recipes, while an all-purpose one could be your go-to for everyday use.
Also look for organic, gluten-free and other options, if you so desire. Remember that boxed broths are premade, so you can’t adjust the flavors like you can with concentrates or with homemade stock.
- Don’t necessarily choose the most expensive broth or concentrate, since this doesn’t always mean you’re getting a better flavor.
- You may want to try several brands before deciding on a favorite. As for how to choose, consider how close the broth tastes to homemade chicken soup, if that’s your preference.
- People who are watching their sodium intake can choose chicken stocks with no added salt or low sodium.
- Once a box of chicken broth is opened, it needs to be kept in the refrigerator. Concentrates usually have longer shelf lives.
- Be sure to check the expiration or best-by date on a chicken broth or stock before using it. It’s all too easy to forget about a container in your pantry for so long that it goes bad.