Swanson Antioxidant Vitamin C With Rose Hips Capsules, 90-Count
Last updated date: April 12, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Vitamin C With Rose Hips and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Vitamin C With Rose Hips you should buy.
The Swanson Vitamin C With Rose Hips Capsules, 90-Count is rich in antioxidants that help your body fight free radicals. This quality product comes with a purity and potency guarantee. It's also got the Good Manufacturing Practice seal of approval. In our analysis of 9 expert reviews, the Swanson Swanson Vitamin C With Rose Hips Capsules, 90-Count placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 12, 2020:
Checkout The Best Vitamin C With Rose Hips for a detailed review of all the top vitamin c with rose hips.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
A high-potency source of vitamin C with rose hips! Rose hips have bioflavonoids that promote the vitamin's absorption and enhance its antioxidant potency. Each capsule supplies 1,000 mg of vitamin C with 15 mg of rose hips extract. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Vitamin C With Rose Hips
According to a study published in the “American Journal Clinical Nutrition,” less than 30 million Americans actually achieve favorable levels of vitamin C. Another 21 million are in so much need of vitamin C that they are classified as deficient. If you aren’t getting enough of this important vitamin from your diet, you’ll want to add a vitamin C with rose hips supplement to your morning routine.
Not all supplements are created equal, so you’ll want to start your search for the best vitamin C supplement by looking for any certifications or seals of approval. For example, is the supplement produced at an FDA registered facility or does it have a Good Manufacturing Practices certification? Did the company set up third party testing for the product?
Your current diet is also an important factor in selecting a vitamin C with rose hips supplement. Review the product label to determine whether the product is kosher, gluten-free or vegan. It’s best to go with a version that is free of artificial flavors, preservatives and colors as well.
Check the amounts of vitamin C and rose hips in the supplement next. Typically, you’ll find each capsule is filled with 1,000 mg of vitamin C, however, the amount of rose hips varies. You’ll find those amounts range between 25 and 50 mg. If you are deficient, you’ll want to go with the supplement that offers the higher amount.
Consider a vitamin C and rose hips supplement that utilizes a sustained release formula. This method delivers the nutrients at a steady pace over a period of time, instead of all at once. Since vitamin C is water soluble and doesn’t stay in the body long, it makes sense to use a capsule that releases the vitamin a little bit at a time.
DWYM Fun Fact
Do you know that while plants and most animals produce their own vitamin C, many mammals can’t? It’s true! Humans, fruit bats and guinea pigs are among the mammals that need make sure they are getting enough of this nutrient in their diets. Here are a few more interesting facts about vitamin C.
- Since vitamin C is water soluble, it only stays in the body for 24 hours before being excreted. This is why humans need to take a daily supplement or consume vitamin C-rich foods regularly.
- In 1747 James Lind discovered that citrus fruits prevented scurvy. It wasn’t until 1907, however, that A. Holst realized that it was the vitamin C within the citrus fruits that worked to treat scurvy. Then, in 1928, scientist Albert von Szent-Györgyi was able to finally isolate vitamin C.
- The foods with the highest amounts of vitamin C include oranges, strawberries, broccoli and yellow capsicums.
The Vitamin C With Rose Hips Buying Guide
- If you have trouble swallowing pills, take the time to examine the size of the vitamin C with rose hips capsules before you buy. Some are quite large and can pose choking hazards if not swallowed correctly.
- Nutritional supplements are not regulated by the FDA. If you are pregnant, nursing or have any underlying health issues, you’ll want to consult with your family physician before you add a vitamin C with rose hips supplement to your diet. The supplements are also formulated for individuals over the age of 18. A pediatrician can give you a recommendation for your children if you’d like to increase their vitamin C intake.
- Always store your vitamins out of reach of small children. Even though the product is a vitamin, it may still be harmful if consumed in high quantities.
- It’s best to keep your vitamin C with rose hips bottle in a cool dry location and to use it up before the use by date on the product label.
- Check for a customer satisfaction guarantee or a money back guarantee before you buy. This way, you’ll be able to request a refund if the supplement doesn’t live up to its claims.
- Since each vitamin C with rose hips supplement comes with a different number of capsules, you’ll need to determine the cost per serving before you can compare prices. When you do this, you’ll find the NOW Vitamin C With Rose Hips Tablets, 250-Count is the among most affordable bottles. The Nutricost Vitamin C With Rose Hips Capsules, 240-Count and the Amazing Formulas Vitamin C With Rose Hips, 240-Count are moderately priced, while the 365 Everyday Value Vitamin C Tablets, 100-Count has the highest price tag of the four.