Sunyear Camping Hammock With Mosquito Net
Last updated date: September 21, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Camping Hammocks and dug through the reviews from 15 of the most popular review sites including Stop Reset, Live Nature Fit, All Listings, Camp Away, Best Hiking Reviews, Outdooren, Top 10 The Best Reviews, Buy Me Top 10, Outdoor Sleeping Gear, Globo Turf, Radley Lee, BestReviews, Live Once Live Wild, All Best Tops, Best Reviewy and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Camping Hammock you should buy.
In our analysis of 293 expert reviews, the Sunyear Sunyear Camping Hammock With Mosquito Net placed 6th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 5, 2019:
Checkout The Best Camping Hammock for a detailed review of all the top camping hammocks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
How To Sleep Like A Baby Everywhere You Go? With A Sunyear Camping Hammock, Of Course! Tired of cheaply made hammocks that won’t even last you through a travel year? Fed up with annoying bugs and blood sucking mosquitoes ruining your outdoor sleep? Looking for a multipurpose 2 in 1 camping hammock bed? Search no more! You have just found the ultimate camping gear. Now you can enjoy sleeping under the stars and keep nasty mosquito bites at bay. Set It Up, Lie Down & Enjoy – Camping Life Is Easy & Comfortable Again With Sunyear Equipment! No matter what you do, no matter who you are, no matter where you go, this camping hammock will go everywhere you go you. Fits in your car, backpack or travel suitcase. In less than 5 minutes, you have a sleeping bed or relaxing hammock ready to go. You just need to find 2 trees, use the adjustable straps and carabiners, hang the hammock and enjoy. Ideal for men, women, kids, and pets as well. Perfect for camping, hiking, beach excursions, picnics, backyard fun, music festivals, lake fishing trips, traveling, survival, and so much more! The large and convenient size along with its up to 500(single)/600(double)lbs support, make this hanging hammock great for more than one person! Why Go For A Sunyear Single/Double Camping Hammock? Because It … … is a true camping hammock, comfy and ultra-resilient. … ensures hassle free assembly and storage. … works as a double lying hammock or sleeping bed! … has an excellent mosquito net to keep bugs and insects out! … comes with all the installation tools (carabiners & straps) included. What are you waiting for? Get yours today, while supplies last! Scroll Up & Click Add To Cart Now!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Camping Hammocks
There’s nothing more relaxing then spending time in the great outdoors. Whether you’re planning a beach retreat or a camping trip in the woods, you’ll want a comfortable hammock to lounge around in. Perhaps you’d like to gently swing while reading a good book or take a nap while listening to the classical music coming from your headphones. As you shop for the perfect camping hammock, you’ll want to keep the following in mind:
Determine whether you’re looking for a single hammock or a double. A double is ideal for couples or a parent who wants to lounge with their children. Next, you need to add up how much weight you need the hammock to bare. Some are only capable of holding 400 lbs., while others, like the MalloMe Portable Double Tree Camping Hammock, are designed to hold up to 1,000 lbs. In fact, the MalloMe is also wider and longer, measuring 10.5 ft. long and 6.5 ft. wide. That makes it an excellent choice for individuals who are on the taller side.
Check the fabric next. Most hammocks, including the Winner Outfitters Double Camping Hammock, are now made from a heavy duty 210T parachute nylon, which is both breathable and comfortable. They feature a triple-stitching setup that adds to the strength of the hammock and eliminates fraying from the ends of the hammock.
Consider how well the camping hammock folds up. You want it to be lightweight and portable, so that you can toss it in your backpack and go. The Wise Owl Outfitters Camping Hammock single model actually folds up as small as a grapefruit. If you need the double model, you’ll only take up as much space in your backpack as an eggplant. As an added bonus, the hammock comes with its own carrying case that is attached to the hammock itself.
Look at the hammocks accessories and make sure that the hammock can be set up quickly and easily. The Legit Camping Double Hammock comes with steel carabiners, rope and tree friendly straps. Even novice users can have this hammock set up in minutes.
Finally, choose a color. Although some models come in just two color choices, others have as many as 17. That means you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a camping hammock in a desirable shade that also matches your tent and other camping gear.
DYWM Fun Fact
Did you know there’s actually a National Hammock Day? It occurs on July 22nd each year. Below are a few more fun facts about this handy invention.
- The Ancient Mayans are credited with the invention of the hammock. They constructed them from the fibers of the hammock tree, which is how they got their name.
- The first mention of a hammock in print is in the journal of Christopher Columbus.
- The world’s largest hammock is 42 ft. long and is able to hold as much as 8,000 lbs.
- Neuroscientists at the University of Geneva discovered that individuals who sleep in a hammock enjoy a deeper sleep. They also fall asleep faster than individuals who slept on a traditional mattress.
The Camping Hammock Buying Guide
- When choosing between two different brands, look for the one that offers a satisfaction guarantee. This provides protection for purchase in case you are unhappy with the camping hammock for any reason. You may be surprised to discover that some companies even offer a lifetime warranty on their camping hammocks.
- Camping in the great outdoors is a lot of fun, but it can be quite dirty. You’ll most likely need to clean your hammock when you return home from your trip. After you remove the carabiners, you can actually toss the hammock in the washing machine. Choose the cool water and delicate cycle settings and add a little bit of mild detergent. Air dry the camping hammock on a clothesline and you’re all set.
- Never wash your hammock with other items. Never use fabric softener, bleach or other harsh chemicals in the machine when washing a hammock.
- Camping hammocks tend to come with their own storage bag. Before you put the hammock away for the winter, however, you’ll want to spray it with a protective spray. This stops mold and mildew from growing and keeps critters from wanting to use your hammock as a nest.
- You won’t find much variation in price among the camping hammocks, as they are all made out of the same material. Just be careful that you are comparing single hammocks with single hammocks and double hammocks with double hammocks. You may want color choice to be the deciding factor. If that’s the case, you’ll find the Wise Owl Outfitters Camping Hammock and the Legit Camping Double Hammock have many more color options than the MalloMe Portable Double Tree Camping Hammock and the Winner Outfitters Double Camping Hammock.