Sunbeam Arthritis Washable Heating Pad
Last updated date: August 25, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Heating Pads and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Heating Pad you should buy.
Update as September 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best Heating Pad for a detailed review of all the top heating pads.
In our analysis of 69 expert reviews, the Sunbeam Arthritis Washable Heating Pad placed 14th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Sunbeam heating pad with ultra heat technology helps soothe muscle aches and arthritic pain. It effectively increases the flow of blood to the sore areas, causing muscles to relax and healing to happen faster. Designed for flexibility and comfort, the pad also features a convenient slide controller with over-sized switch is perfect for arthritis sufferers.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Heating Pads
If you suffer from back pain, you likely already know the benefits of heat therapy. Just a short time on a heating pad loosens back muscles, relieving tension and helping with spasms and stiffness. But finding the right heating pad can take some time, especially with so many good ones on the market.
One decision you’ll find you need to make is whether you want a pad that provides only dry heat, only moist heat or a combination of both. There is no clear answer as to which is better. The truth is, moist heat works better for some back pain sufferers and dry heat works better for others. Experimenting with both can help you figure out which helps you most.
Temperature control is another feature to consider. It can be tough to find that just-right setting, but it helps to have multiple choices. If “low” and “high” are your only options, you may find one is too hot and one isn’t hot enough. In addition to temperature control, consider whether a timer is important to you. Being able to set a specific time and trust your heating pad to shut off when the time is up may give you peace of mind, especially if you like to nap on it.
Coverage area is also something to consider. Not all heating pads are sized the same, so you may find some don’t quite provide the comfort you need for the part of your back where you’re experiencing pain. You’ll only get frustrated if you have to constantly move it around.
It may not be your most important factor, but it’s still important to consider how easy it will be to clean your heating pad at least occasionally. Some heating pads come with covers that you can simply toss in the washer for ease of cleanup.
The Heating Pad Buying Guide
- Consider a heating pad that lets you choose between moist and dry heat.
- Temperature preferences can vary from one person to the next. Some individuals may prefer extreme heat, while others just want to get warm. There are heating pads that reach 112 degrees.
- To help you find that perfect setting, though, some heating pads offer multiple levels. There are models that range from 88 degrees to 166 degrees Fahrenheit with a control that lets you move the dial in 1-degree increments. Some pads have six heat setting options. Other pads have just four heat settings.
- There are also disposable heating pads on the market. These disposable pads are meant to stay in place for 12 hours, with no cord or battery power necessary.
- Keeping your heating pad clean can be an ongoing challenge. Look for a pad that has a cover that can be removed for easy cleaning. Others allow you to machine wash the pad after removing the cord.
- Experts recommend limiting the amount of time you spend using a heating pad since it could cause burns with prolonged use. A timer can help with that. Some models have a timer that lets you choose a time of up to 60 minutes. With others, you get a two-hour auto-shutoff feature to keep you safe.
- Look for a heating pad that has a lockout mode that keeps you from accidentally changing the settings while you’re using it.
- Dimensions are especially important with heating pads since you’re looking for them to cover a specific area. Look at the actual measurements, rather than promises like “Extra Large” in the product description. You’ll find there are models that are a generous 12 by 24-inches.
- The very thing that makes a smaller heating pad undesirable for widespread back pain, though, makes it great if your pain tends to move from your shoulder to your back.
- You may spend quite a bit of time with your heating pad in place, so it’s important that it’s comfortable. Look for a pad that has a plush side that feels good against the skin but isn’t so thick that it causes you to sweat.
- One of the biggest challenges with a heating pad is that it requires either a cord or some other heating source to provide consistent warmth. The best thing about disposable heating pads is that they require no heat source whatsoever, letting you wear them wherever you go for up to 12 hours.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide