sumono Mirror Disco Ball, 12 Inch
Last updated date: January 9, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Disco Balls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Disco Ball you should buy.
Update as January 15, 2023:
Checkout The Best Disco Ball for a detailed review of all the top disco balls.
In our analysis, the sumono sumono Mirror Disco Ball, 12 Inch placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Heavy Duty Construction – SUMONO 12” Inch disco mirror ball is made out professional quality material, it’s a well-constructed with plastic inner ball (instead of Styrofoam) and a real glass tiles for a shiny lighting and flickering effects. Easy Installation – 12” Mirror Ball comes with a pre-installed O ring on the top of the ball, it provides a secure and safe hanging to prevent balls from falling and causing damages. It can be easily hang on any ceiling walls with a hook, or electronic rotating motor (Sold/Purchase Separately) Versatile Application – Disco Ball works for any type of occasions whether it’s a home party or a business corporate event, its great for birthday parties, wedding, holidays, night clubs, real estate home staging accessories, and KTV, bars. It helps to light up the atmosphere by adding light reflections to the parties. Party Appearance – With the shininess from the real glass tiles, mirror ball can also be a decorative items for home, offices, and wedding centerpieces. It adds a glamours looking to the spot Trust Worthy Choice: Sumono products come with 100% money back guarantee. We stand behind the quality of our products, and accept returns or exchanges for any reasons. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, contact us now and our team is happy to assist you.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Disco Balls
Disco balls are often associated with the 1970s party scene, but they can still be found at parties and in venues across the globe. With a disco ball, it’s not so much about how it looks but the reflection it casts on the surrounding area. Although disco balls aren’t lights in themselves, they reflect light in a way that projects spots on the walls, floors and people that surround them.
A disco ball is simply a large globe that’s typically suspended from the ceiling. It’s made of numerous small mirrors that catch light and reflect it outward. To truly create the effect, a disco ball should be spherical in shape and set to rotate while powered on. It was seen in discos, rollerskating rinks and parties throughout the 1970s, but it actually was around way back in the late 1800s. As described in a trade publication for union workers, this early disco ball was a mirrored ball that reflected light from a nearby carbon arc lamp.
But the disco ball wasn’t patented until 1917, at which point event venues began to take notice. It made its way to dance halls in the 1920s and even made an appearance in the 1942 movie Casablanca. The 1970s saw a surge in popularity, but disco balls remain in use today. They’re a great way to liven up any party, whether you’re dancing, singing karaoke or simply hanging out.
Today’s technology allows for disco balls that create the effect without requiring a separate light source. These balls are simply projectors designed to mimic the effect of their classic mirrored counterparts. This keeps the build lightweight and makes it more versatile, allowing for a variety of colors and patterns.
But you can still find traditional disco balls. Today’s versions are more lightweight and affordable than the disco balls of previous generations. You’ll often find versions with foam cores that keep them lightweight and portable. If you opt for this type of disco ball, check to make sure each mirror is securely fastened.
The Disco Ball Buying Guide
- Traditional disco balls don’t require electrical or battery power to operate. They simply hang from the ceiling. This option requires lighting that you can direct at them, though, if you want the full effect.
- If you’re hanging your disco ball, make sure it’s securely fastened before you allow anyone beneath it. Even a lightweight one can cause injury if it falls directly on someone.
- You can find plenty of disco balls that set on any flat surface if you’d prefer to skip the mounting process.
- Disco balls aren’t limited to parties. You can create a party in your vehicle if you choose one with a compatible power source.
- Some people have sensitivity to strobe lights. If you opt for a light that flashes, keep that in mind and check to ensure none of your guests will have this type of issue.
- The best thing about opting for a light-based party ball is that you can expand your color range. Instead of merely reflecting white dots across surfaces, these multicolor options project various colors while also letting you change up the patterns of those projections.
- If you plan to take your disco ball on the go, check to make sure it’s portable. You’ll want something you can set on any surface, whether it’s a table or the ground.
- Power source is another consideration. If you’ll need to plug in your disco ball, you’ll have to make sure you have an electrical outlet everywhere you go. For outside parties, this can be an impossibility. Battery power can be a convenience, but you’ll need to have spare batteries handy just in case.
- For disco balls that let you change up the patterns or colors of your lights, make sure you’ll have a remote to ease the process. Some options are set to recognize sound and adjust the patterns of the lights to match. This can take your party to another level.
- Often, those shopping for disco balls are preparing for a children’s party. If this is your situation, check the age range recommendation on any disco ball you consider to make sure they’re safe for the ages you’ll have at your party.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide