SUMITU Hypoallergenic Gel Hotel Pillows, 2-Pack
Last updated date: July 28, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hotel Pillows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hotel Pillow you should buy.
You'll find these hotel pillows are available in standard, queen and king sizes. They are hypoallergenic and made from a breathable cotton. Additionally, the pillows are constructed using an ergonomic design that prevents sleepers from waking up with a headache or neck pain. In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the SUMITU SUMITU Hypoallergenic Gel Hotel Pillows, 2-Pack placed 4th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hotel Pillows for a detailed review of all the top hotel pillows.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
No-shift construction and Germany imported fiber filling offer great support for head and neck so it can keep your head will never sink right down to the mattress, waking up with no more neck pain and headaches. SUMITU gel pillows are made from allergy proof fabric and stuffed with hypoallergenic fiber fill which offers complete barrier protection against dust, pollen, pet dander and other household allergens. They are the perfect choice for those suffering from asthma, allergies, and other respiratory issues. Our bed pillows are machine washable at 30°C, fade resistant and stain resistant, so you'll never have to worry! The pillows for sleeping will always feel and look like new, no clumping! The pillow cover is made of 100% cotton fabric material to stay soft, breathable, and dry. No matter what kind of sleeping positions you prefer, you can always get the experience five-star hotel luxury at home every night. Suitable for side, stomach and back sleepers.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hotel Pillows
Hotels design their pillows for their guests’ ultimate comfort. They are typically of a higher quality than the standard pillows you have on your bed at home, which is why they are so sought after. If you’re looking to improve your sleep or turn your guest room into an oasis for visiting family and friends, you’ll want to buy a set of hotel pillows.
Start off reviewing the material the hotel pillows are made out of. Pillows made from 100% natural cotton are ideal, as they are eco-friendly, soft and breathable. Of course, a cotton/polyester blend is also beneficial, as it’s more durable and elastic. It also won’t shrink when washed, like pure cotton often does.
Check out the hotel pillows’ filling next. You want to make sure the materials used are hypoallergenic, especially if you or anyone in your family suffers from allergies. Some pillows contain a poly gel-filled fiber, which will help keep you cool while you sleep. Others are filled with a super plush hollow fiber that is not only comfortable, but also provides head and neck support. This way, you don’t wake up with a headache or a stiff neck.
Choose your hotel pillow based on your sleeping position. For example, pillows with a no-shift construction have a quick rebound and never let your head sink too far down into the pillow. This is ideal for stomach and side sleepers, as the sides of the pillow won’t fluff up around your face. Some hotel pillows, like the Le’vista Standard Hotel Pillows, 2-Pack, are made to be comfortable for all sleep positions.
Consider any extras that add value to the hotel pillow. The SUMITU Hypoallergenic Gel Hotel Pillows, 2-Pack are fade and stain resistant, which means they’ll continue to look new, even after you’ve been using them for several months. The COZSINOOR Dream Series Hotel Pillows, 2-Pack have a more elegant design with their sleek striped embossed pillow covers and double-edged stitching.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that the tags on hotel pillows were required during the 1800s when it was discovered that some businessman, who were just out to make a buck, were stuffing pillows with hospital blankets from patients who had smallpox and tuberculosis? It’s true! Thanks to the tag, you now know exactly what your pillow is filled with. Here are a few more interesting hotel pillow facts:
- Of all the items in a hotel room, pillows are the most frequently stolen.
- Hotel pillows are replaced much more frequently than the pillows you have at home. Most are swapped out every 12 to 24 months, depending on their type. The Wyndham brand actually bought over a million pillows for their hotels in 2017.
- A large majority of the hotels in Singapore actually offer their guests a pillow menu. Visitors can select just how firm or soft they want their pillow to be.
The Hotel Pillow Buying Guide
- Stomach sleepers will want to look for a hotel pillow that doesn’t fluff up around their face when they lie down at night.
- Always check the hotel pillow’s product care label to determine how the pillows are to be cleaned. Some can be washed in temperatures of up to 86 degrees Fahrenheit, while others need to be cleaned using the gentle cycle with cold water. You may also be able to place the pillows out in the sun to dry or set them in the dryer using the tumble dry on low setting.
- Covering the pillows with a quality pillowcase will reduce how often you need to wash the entire pillow. Pillowcases are also easier to wash, as they can be tossed right in with your clothes. If you want to go a step further, encase your pillow in a pillow protector and then place a pillowcase over it.
- It’s good practice to fluff your pillow each morning. This will return the pillow back to its original shape and extend its life, so you don’t have to replace it prematurely.
- One of the factors you’ll want to consider after narrowing down your choices to two or three hotel pillows is price. You’ll find the Le’vista Standard Hotel Pillows, 2-Pack are the most affordable of the bunch. The COZSINOOR Dream Series Hotel Pillows, 2-Pack and the SUMITU Hypoallergenic Gel Hotel Pillows, 2-Pack have a more moderate price tag, while the Beckham Luxury Hypoallergenic Luxury Gel Hotel Pillow, 2-Pack comes in at the highest cost per pillow.