Suave Max Hold Unscented Hair Spray For Women
Last updated date: May 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hair Sprays For Women and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hair Spray For Women you should buy.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the Suave Suave Max Hold Unscented Hair Spray For Women placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hair Spray For Women for a detailed review of all the top hair sprays for women.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Suave Max Hold Unscented Hair Spray has a vitamin and protein enriched formula to help you achieve your chosen style. Whether your hair is oily, damaged, dry, curly, or straight- this product is suitable for all hair types! This Suave hairspray has been made specially to ensure your style is never stiff or sticky. It provides natural-looking hold and control. When choosing a styling hair spray, it's important to look for one that will make your hair feel its best. Use this Suave hair spray to give your hair more volume, body, and lift. It's the perfect holding hair spray to use for a long day or night, when you want your hair to look great for longer. This aerosol hair spray will tame your hair and hold it in place. The Suave Max Hold Unscented Hairspray for women works best when used alongside Suave shampoo and conditioner. Try the Coconut Oil Infusion or Keratin Infusion from the Professionals range. About Suave For over 75 years Suave has offered professional quality products for the entire family, which are proven to work as well as salon brands. The Suave mission is to make gold standard quality attainable to all, so everyone can look good, smell good, and feel good every day.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hair Sprays For Women
At one time, hair spray was considered a one-size-fits-all proposition. Consumers chose from a small selection of products on shelves, often using the same hair sprays their friends used.
Today’s selection is much more varied, which has led customers to be far more sophisticated in their hair products. But there are so many hair sprays on shelves, it can be tough to know which one to choose. You can easily feel overwhelmed by all the options. You might ask your hairstylist for a recommendation, but often the products sold in salons are far more expensive than what you’d buy in a drugstore or online.
The first step toward finding the right hair spray is knowing your own hair type well. The same product that works for your friends and family members won’t necessarily be the best option for you. If you have fine, straight hair, you’ll need a different type of product than your friend with extra thick, curly hair.
If your goal is to add volume to your hair, you’ll need a volumizing agent in your hair products. Some hair sprays have volumizing polymers to help you reach that goal, but you can also add volume by spraying your hair in layers, working your way to the uppermost section.
If dry, frizzy hair is an issue, look for hair spray that has oil infused into it. You’ll want a concentration that adds shine without making your hair appear greasy. Often the best hair spray offers hold while still letting you brush and run your fingers through your hair. But if you want a hair spray that holds curls in place for long periods of time, despite the weather, you’ll need a more powerful hair spray.
For those who have color-treated hair, look for a product that’s specially formulated to be safe. Otherwise, you may find that your color starts to fade. You’ll also need to look for color-safe shampoo, conditioner and other hair products.
DWYM Fun Fact
Hair spray is often marked by the degree of its hold. Contrary to popular belief, though, those levels have nothing to do with how much hold the liquid has. The “light,” “medium” and “freeze” markings on the bottle refer to the type of hair they’re best suited for. Those who have fine hair should go for a product that promises light hold, while medium hold works best for hair that’s between medium and thick. If you have a very thick head of hair, go for a hair spray that promises the highest level of hold. Some hair sprays even contain nutrients that are good for the hair, but if you want to nourish your hair while you’re holding it in place, you may have to pay a little more.
The Hair Spray For Women Buying Guide
- Your hairstylist is the best expert on the type of hair products you should use, but that doesn’t mean you have to buy from the salon. You may want to purchase your hair products initially, then match the ingredients to less expensive versions online. Sometimes you can find the same products online, saving yourself from paying the salon markup.
- With aerosol sprays, clogging can often become a problem, especially if it takes you a while to go through one can. Some have found that storing the spray upside down helps. But if you’re dealing with a clogged nozzle, the first thing to do is scrape the dried hair spray from the nozzle’s opening. If this doesn’t remedy the issue, soak the nozzle in a bowl of hot water for at least five minutes. If it’s still clogged, look for blockages in the tube that leads to the nozzle and remove those using a long, thin object like a bobby pin.
- No matter how strong your hair spray’s hold, humidity can destroy a good hairstyle. Look for a hair spray that creates a barrier between the outside moisture and your hair, while also protecting the moisture in your own hair.
- Scent is an important, but often forgotten, factor in choosing a hair spray. Although you’ll find plenty that have the chemical-infused odors of the past, today’s best brands provide a light, floral or fruity scent.
- For best results, make sure the nozzle is between 8 and 10 inches from the hair when you spray. This will keep you from dousing a small area of your head with a heavy concentration of product.
- Hair spray is great for not only holding curls, but for getting them in the first place. You can use a light spray of product before curling your hair with a hot iron to make stubbornly straight hair more malleable.