STX Rival Lacrosse Helmet
Last updated date: May 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Lacrosse Helmets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Lacrosse Helmet you should buy.
Update as May 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Lacrosse Helmet for a detailed review of all the top lacrosse helmets.
Air flows freely through this lacrosse helmet's shell, thanks to the integrated ventilation holes. The helmet is designed for use by those with large and extra-large head circumferences. It features lines that improve a person's speed and field of vision for more accurate play.
In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the STX Rival Lacrosse Helmet placed 4th when we looked at the top 4 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
STX sleek new shell and face mask design incorporates crafted lines that accentuate speed, giving you an aggressive, fast look and an improved field of vision. And the all-new Sure-Fit air system features a built-in pump, allowing players to adjust their fit on the fly. No detachable pump needed, just inflate to your desired fit, right on the field. Sure-Fit also includes a built-in release valve for quick deflation and removal of the helmet. Aligned with all of the of the other protective padding within the helmet, the on-board system will ensure the perfect fit. Integrated ventilation throughout the shell allows air to flow through the helmet, keeping you cool even when the game gets hot. The comfort liner adds an additional layer of comfort to the interior padding, reducing pinching and discomfort.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Lacrosse Helmets
Whether you enjoy competitive play or you’re simply looking for a sport that will help you meet your daily exercise requirements, lacrosse is an excellent choice. Before you join a team or gather some friends together for a game, you’ll want to make sure you have the proper protective equipment.
A lacrosse helmet is designed to protect a player’s head from serious injury, including brain damage. That means you’ll want to take great care when selecting a helmet.
Start off measuring the circumference of the head of the intended player, whether that is you or your child. Lacrosse helmets are sold in a variety of sizes and you need to get a good fit for the best protection. For example, the CASCADE CPV-R Boys Lacrosse Helmet comes in extra-small (21 to 22.5 inches), small/medium (21 to 23 inches) and medium/large (22 to 23.5 inches).
Once you have the correct size, look to see how adjustable the rest of the helmet is. The CASCADE LX Women’s Lacrosse Helmet includes interchangeable cheek pads, multiple hair slots and even a rear adjustable strap for a customizable fit.
Next, you’ll need to review the construction of the lacrosse helmet to make sure it offers maximum protection in the event of a collision with another player or piece of equipment. The Hummingbird Sports Girls Lacrosse Helmet provides 360-degree protection and is designed to absorb and disperse energy from an accident.
Comfort is also important, as you won’t play your best if a piece of equipment is causing you to feel achy or sore. The STX Rival Lacrosse Helmet has a comfort liner, which is a layer of interior padding that reduces pinching. There are also numerous vents throughout the shell that increase airflow to keep you nice and cool while you play.
The Lacrosse Helmet Buying Guide
- Reviewers report that some lacrosse helmets require assembly when they arrive.
- Not all lacrosse helmets are made for individuals who wear glasses. If you can’t substitute your glasses for a pair of contacts during play, you’ll want to make sure the helmet of your choice can accommodate your glasses.
- Take the time to clean your lacrosse helmet on a regular basis. Grab a rag and dip it into a solution of water and mild dish soap. Wipe the helmet down, being careful not to saturate the helmet with water. Set the helmet aside to air dry.
- Never store your lacrosse helmet in the car or any other place that has a tendency to get hot. Room temperature is always best. You’ll also want to keep the helmet away from direct sunlight.
- Always check your lacrosse helmet for damage before you put it on your head. The CDC warns to never wear a helmet that is broken, bent or missing padding. They also point out that an expert is the only one who should attempt to recondition any helmet that is in need of repair.
- Lacrosse helmets are sold in a variety of price ranges. Everything from age to construction materials to extra features plays a role in the total cost of the helmet. The Hummingbird Sports Girls Lacrosse Helmet 120 is one of the most affordable helmets on the market. Both the CASCADE CPV-R Boys Lacrosse Helmet 140 and the CASCADE LX Women’s Lacrosse Helmet 150 are moderately priced. Since the STX Rival Lacrosse Helmet 260 is larger in size and made using a special design to increase speed, it commands the highest price tag.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide