Strugglesz Easy Level Picture Hanging Tool
Last updated date: June 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Picture Hanging Tools and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Picture Hanging Tool you should buy.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the Strugglesz Strugglesz Easy Level Picture Hanging Tool placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Picture Hanging Tool for a detailed review of all the top picture hanging tools.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Easy Frame Tool for Marking Position and Measuring the Suspension and Horizontal Wall of the Roof. This simple tool just might change your life or at least in your living room wall. The Picture Hang Tool with Level is designed to mark exactly where the nail goes—no struggling to find a pen or pencil—and has rubber cushions on the back to protect your walls from scratches. -- Simply slide it to where you want your picture, hang it right there on the hook (or two if it's a heavy piece), and push. The built-in metal pins mark exactly where the nail goes, which means no mistake holes. Single hook and double groove design are suitable for different kinds of picture frames. Built-in level to ensure the balance of the picture frame. Suitable for home, office, workplace or any picture, photo, poster, digital painting, cross stitch, photo frame, etc. The level gauge helps ensure that you hang vertically, and the markings just above the nails make hanging pictures and canvases a breeze. The rubber pad on the back of the tool prevents the wall from being scratched.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Picture Hanging Tools
Whether you own a home or rent an apartment, you’ll want to make the space your own by hanging family photos, beautiful artwork and decorative accent pieces along the walls. It can be frustrating, however, to try and hang these items so that they don’t look crooked or out of place. Fortunately, a picture hanging tool is all you need to install and level your portraits. The tool is affordable for most, and as you shop for the best one, you’ll want to consider a few important features.
Decide whether you require a full picture hanging tool kit or a simple hanging tool. The Crescent Creative Universal Picture Hanging Tool has one horizontal ruler with two attached vertical rulers that slide from left to right. Not only will they help you align your artwork, but they’ll also help you evenly space a group of photos.
If you’re interested in a picture hanging tool that has a bit more to offer, but is still easy to use, go with the BSKSSK Picture Frame Hanging Tool. It’s made from a durable ABS material and features four scratchproof pads to keep the tool from scuffing up your wall while you use it. The tool has both a horizontal and vertical level, a non-slip handle and three-level hooks.
Look for a picture hanging tool that comes with accessories if you don’t already have a supply of hardware in your garage. The JAZIPO Picture Frame Hanger Tool, 105-Piece comes with hooks that can hold as much as 50 pounds, steel wires, D-rings, sawtooth hangers, nails and a storage case. The AURIDA Picture Hanging Kit, 222-Piece has all of those same accessories, plus many more. For instance, it includes hooks that have a 100-pound capacity and a pencil to mark the wall. Other picture hanging tools include a complimentary mini claw hammer with your purchase.
DWYM Fun Fact
Although portraits have been hung in homes for centuries, the practice didn’t become popular until the Victorian Era. At that time those in the middle class began to decorate their walls with everything from pictures to mirrors as a way to display their wealth. In fact, during the 1840s, homeowners would install picture rails, also sometimes called picture molding, to hang their artwork from. The picture rails were needed to support the weight of the portraits. Today, we have a host of tools and accessories that make hanging pictures directly on walls much more practical.
The Picture Hanging Tool Buying Guide
- When hanging your pictures, try to hang them at eye level. A height of 57 to 60 inches off the ground is ideal.
- When using your picture hanging tool, you want to first place the picture frame on the tool’s hook. Next, position the picture where you’d like it to go and use the included level and ruler for accuracy. Press the button on the picture hanging tool to mark the spot once you’re sure that’s exactly where you want the portrait to go. Remove the tool and hammer a nail or any other mounting equipment where you made the mark on the wall. Place the picture on the nail and use the tool once again to make sure the picture is level.
- If you need to drill a hole in your wall to hang your picture, try folding a sticky note in half and place it under the mark before you drill. The folded note will catch all the plaster as you drill for easy clean up afterward.
- Always make sure you’re using the right hardware for the weight of your picture. A small hook is fine for lighter pictures; however, heavier portraits require a metal wire system.
- Some picture hanging tools come with small pieces that may pose a choking hazard to younger children. Always store the tool and its accessories out of the reach of small children and supervise older children who want to help with the installation.
- Fortunately, picture hanging tools are quite affordable. Some models cost a bit more simply because they include a host of extras, like a storage case and hanging hardware. The JAZIPO Picture Frame Hanger Tool, 105-Piece and the BSKSSK Picture Frame Hanging Tool have the lowest price tags, although the Crescent Creative Universal Picture Hanging Tool and the AURIDA Picture Hanging Kit, 222-Piece aren’t much more.