Stock Your Home 300 ct. Silver Plastic Cutlery
Last updated date: January 22, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Plastic Utensils and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Plastic Utensil you should buy.
There are several reasons the Stock Your Home 300 ct. Silver Plastic Cutlery set ranks No. 1 among its competitors, the first of which is its affordable price. Additionally, users will appreciate that the utensils are BPA-free and fully recyclable. The biggest draw to this set, however, is its shiny design that mimics traditional silverware. In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the Stock Your Home Stock Your Home 300 ct. Silver Plastic Cutlery placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 5, 2019:
Checkout The Best Plastic Utensils / Cutlery for a detailed review of all the top plastic utensils.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Impress Your Guests with the Finest Silver Plastic Cutlery Set, Looks Like Real Silverware | 300 Piece Flatware Set Set your table with the finest plastic silverware on the market from Stock Your Home. Specially designed with you in mind, this 300-piece premium plastic flatware set is now more durable than ever before and features a bright, highly reflective finish that looks like real silverware. This Silver Plastic Cutlery Set is simply dazzling with a universal appeal that will complement your dinnerware and table decor. Made of high quality plastic, these utensils feature slender handles with softly pointed tips, curved edges to make for a comfortable fit in your hand, and a solid frame that creates a classic, refined and sophisticated look. Affordable as well as stylish, Stock Your Home offers a simply elegant way to liven up your dining experience. COMPLETE YOUR PARTY TABLE SPREAD WITH THE SILVER COLLECTION BY STOCK YOUR HOME.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Plastic Utensils
If you’re hosting a big party, the last thing you want to do at the end of the day is spend time washing 100 or more pieces of silverware. That’s when plastic utensils that can quickly be tossed in your recycling bin after use come in to play. While the first disposable silverware models came solely in white or clear colors, shoppers now have a whole host of styles and patterns to choose from.
When browsing plastic utensils, it is important to keep in mind what occasion or event you need them for. For example, you may not need a fancy set if you’re just going camping with a few friends and family members. But you may want to search for blue silverware for your son’s Thomas the Tank Engine themed birthday party.
Should you require plastic utensils for a more formal celebration, such as a bridal shower or wedding, you’ll want to look for sets that resemble metal cutlery. The Stock Your Home 300 ct. Silver Plastic Cutlery set is an excellent choice if you prefer silver, while the Tepco Settings 300 ct. Gold Plastic Silverware Set is best if you desire gold.
In addition to purchasing sets that include forks, knives and spoons, you also have the option of buying a set that contains just one of the utensils. You may need a box of the Stock Your Home 125 ct. Gold Plastic Forks if you plan on serving cake for dessert. Cake doesn’t require the use of a spoon or knife, so buying a complete set would leave you with leftover spoons and knives.
If you have several parties or events throughout the year, you may wish to stock up on the plastic cutlery. Look for sets, like the Precisely Plastic 200 ct. Silver Plastic Forks, that individually wrap smaller units within the set. That way if you only use 100 forks for the first event, the remaining 100 are still sealed in plastic for use another time.
Consider any other plastic utensil features that may add a unique touch to your party. For example, they do sell units made from different textures, as well as models that have specially designed handles.
DWYM Fun Fact
Metal cutlery has been around a long time, but plastic utensils didn’t come into play until after World War II. Once the convenience of plastic kitchen tools took off, it wasn’t long before disposable forks, knives and spoons were invented. Today, plastic utensils are commonly used just about everywhere, including in the home, fast food restaurants and convenience stores.
As long as plastics are recycled correctly, they do a great job making daily living much easier. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, humans can actually conserve 3.8 barrels of crude oil for each ton of plastic they recycle. China actually encourages its citizens to recycle plastic by placing vending machines in subway stations that accept plastic bottles. For every bottle recycled, commuters are given a credit toward their travel.
The Plastic Utensil Buying Guide
- While you are unlikely to find a plastic utensil set with a warranty, you do want to buy from a company with a 100% money-back guarantee. This is important in the event that the cutlery comes damaged or doesn’t live up to your expectations.
- Instead of tossing the disposable silverware in your recycling bin, why not reuse them? Plastic spoons, knives and forks can be used in a host of fun craft projects. You can turn them into a beautiful wreath or melt down the spoons to create a set of delightful flowers.
- Since most plastic utensils are durable enough to be used more than once, you can wash them and use them again. For hygiene reasons, however, it is best to only do this among your immediate family members. Use a new set of disposable silverware for parties and special events.
- Plastic cutlery is not safe for use in a microwave and not safe to place in a dishwasher. Additionally, forks and knives are sharp, even though they are made out of plastic and not metal.
- When comparing prices, you’ll need to consider a few different factors. First, take a look at the number of utensils in the set. The Precisely Plastic 200 ct. Silver Plastic Forks cost slightly more than the Stock Your Home 125 ct. Gold Plastic Forks because each package contains 75 additional forks. Next, you’ll need to compare the quality. The Tepco Settings 300 ct. Gold Plastic Silverware Set is higher in price than the Stock Your Home 300 ct. Silver Plastic Cutlery, due to the size and thickness of each of the utensils in the set.