Steve Madden Military-Inspired Women’s Leather Boots
Last updated date: January 19, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Women's Leather Boots and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Women's Leather Boot you should buy.
Update as January 19, 2022:
Checkout The Best Women’s Leather Boots for a detailed review of all the top women's leather boots.
Durability and comfort come together in these 100%-leather boots. The sole is synthetic and features a 1-inch heel. The distressed manmade leather and cap toe make it perfect for casual wear.
In our analysis, the Steve Madden Steve Madden Military-Inspired Women's Leather Boots placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Distressed leather is built into a classic combat shape in this Steve Madden boot. It’s hard to resist the allure of this Troopa boot from Steve Madden. The military-inspired design features a sturdy leather upper with lace-up and side-zip closures. Tuck skinny jeans into this on-trend yet classic boot, or pair it with skirts for a softer look.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Women's Leather Boots
As the weather gets chillier, fashionistas turn their attention toward boots. Not only do these style items help keep your feet warm, they also pair well with all the most popular winter fashions. From sweaters and jeans to dress shirts and leggings, you can match a good pair of boots with many of the items in your closet.
For durability and comfort, few things beat leather. Leather is flexible and can move with your foot. It also holds up even after years of daily wear. If your leather boots start to look worn, that only adds to their attractiveness.
But when it comes to footwear, not all materials are created equal. You’ll see “bonded leather” and “genuine leather” on some boots, but those materials are a lesser quality than boots that advertise full-grain or top-grain leather. There are also different types of leather, including those made from cows, ostriches and crocodiles.
Boots aren’t limited to winter wear. Leather cowboy boots are especially known for their year-round use. If you want boots that will take you into the spring and summer months, consider going for a lighter-weight leather that provides plenty of breathability.
For keeping your feet dry and cool, it’s important to look at the leather itself. Aniline leather is more porous than more pigmented leather since it’s colored with a type of dye that eliminates the need for a topcoat. That topcoat can insulate the surface below, potentially causing your feet to get warmer.
Choosing the color of your boots can also be tricky. As exciting as bright dyes can be, consider the versatility you’ll get with a more neutral color. Black leather will go well with your black clothing, but neutrals like tan and brown might have greater versatility. Take a look at your own closet and choose a pair of boots that works with your existing wardrobe.
The Women's Leather Boot Buying Guide
- The sole of a boot plays a direct role in how comfortable it will be. Look for a high-quality synthetic sole that offers breathability.
- Take a look at how your boots fasten in place. Some merely slide on, which is convenient. With a slip-on version, though, fit can be tricky. Lace-up and buckle boots will provide a little more flexibility in fit, but they do take a little extra effort each day.
- Boots can sometimes be uncomfortable in the ankle area. Wearing thick socks can help with that, but some boots don’t have enough wiggle room to give you that luxury. Make sure you’ll get the comfort you need from the boots you choose.
- Although all shoes can be prone to odor, boots are especially bad in this area. Odor-removal products can help cut down on the smell, but it’s also important to let your boots thoroughly air out between each use. If you wear boots every day, you might need to invest in multiple pairs so that you can alternate.
- One great thing about leather is that it typically provides comfort from the start. You won’t need the “break-in time” other types of shoes require.
- Some boots come with heels. If this is the case with the women’s boots you’re choosing, make sure you’ll get the support you need, especially if you spend a great deal of time on your feet.
- For vegan consumers, there are leather boots that are made from materials like polyurethane. If you opt for this material, make sure you’re getting the same benefits you’d enjoy with leather footwear.
- Not all boots are designed for snowy, icy or even rainy conditions. Make sure your chosen boot is waterproof, but also take a close look at the underside of the boot. You’ll want a good tread if you plan to wear your boots in slippery weather.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide