StepNGrip NeverCurl Easy Lift Rug Gripper
Last updated date: August 4, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Rug Grippers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Rug Gripper you should buy.
Update as August 4, 2022:
Checkout The Best Rug Gripper for a detailed review of all the top rug grippers.
This rug gripper set instantly stops the corners of your rugs from curling. It's designed with three layers, so you don't have to worry about the grippers being flimsy. Although the grippers do an excellent job of keeping rugs from sliding around, they also can be lifted to allow for regular cleanings underneath the rug.
In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the StepNGrip NeverCurl Easy Lift Rug Gripper placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PATENTED: 4 CORNER PACK: Patented “V” Shape Corner Pieces. Grips the Rug. Instantly Flattens Curled Rug Corners AND Grips Floor to Stop Rug Slipping and Sliding. It WORKS!! Replaces bulky rug pad gripper.. Renewable Sticky Gel Bottom of NeverCurl Grips the Floor! No More “Rug Slip or Rug Sliding” The Top Side of NeverCurl adheres to the Rug.After Numerous Re-Applications, ONLY the Rug Side Adhesive on NeverCurl may need Refreshing by Applying “Mighty X” Double Sided Carpet Tape. NEW EVA FOAM TIP UPDATE ALLOWS EASY RUG LIFTING TO CLEAN UNDER: We included EVA foam tips that ALLOW you to quickly PULL UP the Corner. Our old design made it difficult to pull start and lift the corner. Renewable Sticky Gel Bottom of NeverCurl Grips the Floor! No More “Rug Slip or Rug Sliding” The Top Side of NeverCurl adheres to the Rug. After Numerous Re-Applications, ONLY the Rug Side Adhesive on NeverCurl may need Refreshing by Applying “Mighty X” Double Sided Carpet Tape. Includes 4 Corner Pieces: “V” Shape will NOT TWIST or TURN like individual straight pieces. Works on All INDOOR Rugs — Kitchen, Hallways, Bathrooms. Any Thickness. Any Size. Use Outdoors to flatten corners only.Works great with Roombas. If You Use Over Rug Pads, you may Need to Cut Out the Area on the Rug Pad (L Shape) below the NeverCurl. Renew the Sticky Gel Bottom: Simply Wipe Down with a Damp Cloth to Renew Tackiness. Wipe Floor and White Gel with Rubbing Alcohol to Really Increase Stickiness. Measures 6.5″ by 6.5″ – less than 1/8″ thick. Will not Harm Floors as the Stick Gel is “Oil Free” Unlike Many Rug Tapes and Rug Pads that harm floors over time.Works Best Over Wood, Tile, Laminate, any Hard Floorings.Not Recommended for Use Over Carpets. REGISTERED USA BASED BRAND AND TRUSTED QUALITY PRODUCTS: We are USA based Home Products Brand trusted and reviewed by thousands of satisfied happy customers. We develop and design the products by listening your needs and concerns. We always take care of customers queries and go beyond to make you happy with our customer service.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Rug Grippers
Area rugs are a great way to break up the monotony of hardwood or tile flooring. But there’s one undeniable problem with area rugs. With nothing providing friction, they slide around and, over time, the edges may even curl up. This can create a hazard in your home since just stepping on it can send it scooting around.
That’s where a rug gripper can come in. There are several types, but the end result is that they create friction between your rug and the floor to keep it from sliding around. No matter how someone steps on it, it should stay in place.
There are two major types of rug grippers. One type is a mat that runs the full length of your rug. Think of it as an additional layer beneath your rug. These require no adhesive to attach to your rug. You simply set it down and put your rug on top of it.
Another type of rug gripper comes in strips. These vary from one product to another, but you’ll either place them on the four corners or along the entire edge of your rug to give it the extra grip you need. These grippers typically attach with an adhesive designed to easily be removed from the rug once you’re finished using them.
The Rug Gripper Buying Guide
- Most rug grippers are built for hardwood, tile or linoleum floors. Check the floor types carefully before buying. There are rug grippers made for rugs placed on carpets, but you’ll have to shop specifically for those.
- A top consideration of any rug gripper is how safe it will keep the floor below it. Although most of these products are designed not to damage the floors, it’s worth doublechecking to make sure it won’t scratch your tile or wood. The good news is, some grippers are actually mats that provide an additional layer of protection for your floors.
- Another benefit of a rug gripper mat versus strips is that it provides cushioning, keeping your legs and joints comfortable as you walk across it.
- The problem with mat-style grippers is that they don’t secure the corners, which means you could find they start to roll up after a while, causing a tripping hazard.
- With full-rug mats, you’ll find some are thicker than others, with the thicker ones providing a better cushion and more protection for your floors. But the thinner versions also have benefits, maintaining a lower profile.
- If you’re looking for a gripper for an outdoor mat, look for one that has weatherproofing built in. You may also note in the fine print that some outdoor rug grippers work only to keep the corners from curling up.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide