Step2 Seaway Dual-Level Sand & Water Table For Toddlers
Last updated date: September 17, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sand & Water Tables For Toddlers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sand & Water Table For Toddlers you should buy.
Update as September 17, 2021:
Checkout The Best Sand & Water Table For Toddlers for a detailed review of all the top sand & water tables for toddlers.
This large sand and water table has a spacious design to accommodate multiple children. It has several interactive elements like figures and a diving board. The table also comes with an umbrella to protect kids from the sun.
In our analysis, the Step2 Step2 Dual-Level Sand & Water Table For Toddlers placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This multi-level kids water table is perfect for outdoor sensory play! Fill the top activity pool and the lower water table, then send the swimmer figure to dive off the springboard or create a cascading waterfall off of the top tier. The included flipper is designed for small hands to flip the sea creature figures into the pool, challenging their hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. And, multiple kids can play together with so many ways to splash around thanks to the spacious design. Playtime can last for hours with the included umbrella providing some much-needed shade on hot, sunny days! Made in the USA of US and imported parts.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sand & Water Tables For Toddlers
Sand and water tables for toddlers and older kids are one of the most-used toys in many households. It’s hard to keep kids away from this sensory activity because there is so much for them to explore, learn and discover. Sand and water tables are an opportunity for them to get their hands dirty, enjoy themselves and learn something in the process.
There are many benefits of playing with sand. Kids can work on their fine motor skills by learning to pick up sand using tools like shovels or cups, and pour the sand into buckets. When kids feel the sand run through their fingers, they get a new sensory experience they can explore. Plus, sand is a great way to learn about weight and gravity as well.
Similar to sand, water play has many benefits too. In addition to working on their fine motor skills, water tables help kids with spatial reasoning and cause and effect. They can see what happens when they pour water into the table from high above or when they splash water on to their clothes. Sand and water tables also help children learn parallel play, where multiple kids can play next to each other at the same time. This is how kids learn to share and communicate with other children.
Kids can also learn new vocabulary when they play at a sand and water table, such as words for temperature (hot water, cold water), texture (grainy, smooth, wet, dry) and heights (high up, low down). Not only that, they can learn the names of tools such as buckets, cups, shovels and much more.
The Sand & Water Table For Toddlers Buying Guide
- One of the most important things to look at when getting a sand and water table is size. How many kids will be playing at the table at one time? This will help you determine how big of a table you will need. For example, if you have a large family with many small children, go with a larger table then if you have one child who will be playing at the table.
- Many families have their sand and water table out in the back yard. It’s best to get one with a lid, especially for the sand side of the table. This way, animals like neighborhood cats, squirrels or racoons won’t defecate in the sand box and contaminate it for your child. Some sand and water tables come with lids that cover the entire open surface, some just have a lid on one side and some don’t have any covering at all.
- Playing with the sand and water on its own is fun, but it becomes even more enjoyable when kids have the right accessories. Check to see whether the sand and water table for toddlers comes with shovels, rakes, buckets, cups, strainers, spoons and other things that make playtime fun. Some also come with characters for pretend play.
- What do you get when sand and water mix? Mud. If you don’t want to get your sand and water table muddy from the get go, set boundaries with your kids for how to play at the table. For example, don’t mix the sand with the water or only play with one side of the table at a time.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide