Step2 Plastic Kitchen Play Set For Kids
Last updated date: April 5, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Play Sets For Kids and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Play Set For Kids you should buy.
Update as April 5, 2021:
Checkout The Best Kitchen Play Set For Kids for a detailed review of all the top kitchen play sets for kids.
This kitchen play set for kids has 45 accessories, including storage bins, two place settings, pots and pans and a coffee pot. The burners light up when activated, and the faux single-serve coffee maker even comes with pretend coffee pods. Assembly is a little involved, so be sure you have tools on hand to put it together.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the Step2 Plastic Kitchen Play Set For Kids placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Pretend stovetop burner features realistic electronic lights and sounds, activated with the special frying pan and boiling pot (requires 2 “AA” batteries, not included). Make a cup of coffee with the pretend single-serve coffee maker station and included travel mug! Get cooking with the pretend appliances including the stovetop, oven with clickable knob, microwave, and refrigerator to keep pretend ingredients fresh. Pretend to wash the dishes after dinner with the molded-in sink and swivel faucet. Plenty of hanging storage keeps culinary equipment within arm’s reach, along with a molded-in dish rack to keep dishes neat. The extra storage makes clean-up easy with molded-in shelves and storage bin area to keep kitchen essentials close for next time. Adult assembly required. Easy to clean! Use disinfectant wipes or household cleaners whenever you want! In the box: Play kitchen, 24-piece accessory set including dishes, utensils, cookware, and more.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchen Play Sets For Kids
Kids love to imitate the everyday activities they see adults doing — and that includes cooking and cleaning. While you can’t let your toddler make dinner, there are kitchen play sets that will allow the next best thing: play cooking.
A kitchen play set doesn’t just entertain children. It can also serve as an educational tool. Kids learn skills like teamwork, organization and how to complete chores. Some play sets even take it a step further by helping kids develop skills like counting.
If you haven’t shopped for a kitchen play set in a while, you might not realize how far they’ve come since you were a child. You can find play sets with burners that light up, for instance, or sinks that make sounds when you turn the knob. This adds another layer of fun to playtime.
But it’s also important to keep an eye on safety when you’re shopping for kids’ toys. Since some kitchen play sets have small pieces, you’ll want to note the recommended age ranges. Often, these sets will be recommended for ages 3 and up. Sturdier play sets made of wood will provide a level of quality you won’t find with plastic, but make sure the kitchen doesn’t have sharp edges that could pose a hazard to rambunctious children.
The Kitchen Play Set For Kids Buying Guide
- As great as it is to have play sets that light up and make sounds, there is a big benefit to those that don’t: You won’t need to keep supplying them with batteries.
- Wooden play sets can often provide a higher quality and durability level than plastic sets.
- Assembly can be very involved with play sets. Check to ensure your set will come with instructions and assembly hardware. You may also want to have the right tools on hand. Some play sets can take an hour or more to put together.
- Extra features, like play recipe books or ice-makers that produce fake ice, can really make a difference.
- Some kitchen play sets don’t come with fake food. Make sure you can find plastic food that fits your little one’s dishes and pans if you choose a play set that doesn’t come with it.
- If your play set includes appliances like an oven, refrigerator or cabinets, make sure the doors open and close. For younger children, you may want a play set that doesn’t have those features for safety reasons.
- Measure the space where you’ll be storing the play set before you purchase. The dimensions of the play set should be listed in the product description.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide