Step2 Plastic Pretend Play Kitchen For Kids
Last updated date: December 3, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as December 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Play Kitchen For Kids for a detailed review of all the top .
Take imaginative play even further with lights and sounds. This play kitchen for kids comes with several accessories. Small storage bins are also included.
In our analysis of 59 expert reviews, the Step2 Plastic Pretend Play Kitchen For Kids placed 3rd when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Let the kids cook for you for a change! Place the pot and pan on the stove, and listen as food starts to bubble and sizzle! Realistic lights and sounds add to the pretend play fun!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
A play kitchen for kids is an excellent toy they can play with for years. A smaller, kid-sized version of a real kitchen, a play kitchen often includes many different elements, such as a stove, sink, fridge, microwave, cupboards and counters. It’s meant to mimic the adult kitchen kids are used to seeing their parents cook in, and provide them with a space where they can enjoy imaginative play.
Children love to imitate their parents, and a play kitchen for kids provides them with the perfect playground to let their imaginations soar. Fostering open-ended play and creativity, kids can use their imaginations to replicate things they see their parents do, such as washing dishes, putting food in the fridge, opening and closing cupboards and stirring pots on the stove. Plus, they can do it all safely with a toy built just for them.
One of the major benefits of play kitchens for kids is that they help boost fine motor skills. Toddlers and preschoolers can practice opening and closing cabinet doors, turning oven knobs and stacking plates and cups. Sorting is another activity that goes naturally alongside play kitchens, and kids can have fun sorting their play food into categories by color or size. Many kids enjoy moving plates from one cabinet to another and then back again. By doing all of these activities in their play kitchen, kids can improve their pincer grip, which is an important part of their fine motor skills.
A play kitchen for kids also encourages independence, because kids can reach all of their accessories on their own. They don’t need their parents to get down the plates or open the fridge door because everything is built for their height. It’s a great way to gets kids used to playing on their own or with friends, without the help of an adult.
The Buying Guide
- When buying a play kitchen for kids, take a look at how complicated the assembly is. Many play kitchens come completely disassembled and you have to put together each cabinet, fridge and sink section. Some may come partially assembled. Review how complex the assembly is and what kind of instructions are provided.
- Play kitchens come in many different styles. You can even find ones to match your own kitchen décor, such as all-white wooden ones or ones that look like they have metallic appliances. Many play kitchens have bright colors and durable plastic construction so they can withstand a lot of rough use.
- When looking at the set up of the kitchen, check to see how many children can play with the kitchen at once. In some play kitchens, the layout is good for one kid to play in, which can cause arguments if you have more than one child. Others are set up so that there are multiple stations so a few children can enjoy it at the same time.
- While a play kitchen is an excellent toy on its own, what makes it really fun is the accessories. From play food to cooking utensils, plates to cups, it’s important to check what is included with the kitchen. These little details are what complete the imaginative play experience and really help children to improve their fine motor skills.
- Just like a real kitchen, storage is an important factor to consider. You will need a place to put all of the accessories. Look for a play kitchen for kids that has ample storage for items like play food, plates, pots and cutlery. This way, you can neatly store everything when it’s not in use.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide