SteelSeries Arctis 3 Bidirectional Gaming Bluetooth Headphones
Last updated: August 7, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bluetooth Headphones and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bluetooth Headphone you should buy.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the SteelSeries Arctis 3 Bidirectional Gaming Bluetooth Headphones placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Arctis 3 Bluetooth is the perfect headset for everywhere you game. Take calls, join VoIP chat, and stream music wirelessly over Bluetooth while hearing balanced and powerful game audio through the 3.5mm wired connection. Featuring clear cast, the best Microphone in gaming and ultra low distortion S1 speaker drivers with immersive 7.1 surround sound, Arctis 3 Bluetooth delivers the high performance competitive gamers demand. The athletics inspired AirWave performance fabric ear cushions and exclusive ski goggle headband provide extreme and long lasting comfort. Plus, steel Series engine software for personalized audio settings, an innovative, detachable and interchange Cable system and a built in share jack For multi player listening make Arctis 3 Bluetooth The best all platform headset available.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Bluetooth Headphone Rankings
Bluetooth headphones have continued to grow in popularity since they were created 20 years ago. In fact, Global Markets Insight, Inc. conducted a study that shows the sales of Bluetooth headphones is on track to be around $120 billion by the year 2026. The study points to the comfort of the headphones, the convenience of being hands-free and the ease of use as the reasons these headphones have continued to remain a desirable product.
Whether you’re searching for a quality set of Bluetooth headphones to use for work or pleasure, there are a few features you’ll want to review before you make a final decision.
First, survey the number of hours of playtime that the Bluetooth headphones are capable of providing once fully charged. Some models only offer 18 hours of playtime, which is fine if you mainly use the headphones for fun at home. Others provide as much as 100 hours of playtime per charge. Individuals who work from home using these headphones will want to opt for a set that lasts longer in between charges.
Next, check how easy the Bluetooth headphones are to use and whether you can customize them to fit your needs. For example, some models have a simple design while still allowing users to optimize their sounds settings by downloading and using an app.
Make sure the Bluetooth headphones are going to be comfortable to wear. Consider models that are made using an ergonomic design and soft ear cups that are gentle up against the skin. Look for a headband that adjusts to fit your head and ear cups that fold inward for easy storage. The company may even provide a convenient carry bag to make transporting the headset a breeze.
Opt for Bluetooth headphones that provide crisp clear communication. You want headphones that use a professional noise cancellation function that is so powerful that it can reduce the roar of an airplane to a whisper. You also want a high-quality built-in microphone that allows you to keep working with your hands while you continue taking important calls.
Finally, you’ll want to look for a set of Bluetooth headphones with universal compatibility that work well with everything from a cellphone, to an MP4 player to an iPad. It’s important to note, however, that if you want to connect the Bluetooth headphones to a TV or PC, you’ll need to purchase a separate Bluetooth transmitter.
- Pay attention to the size and weight of the Bluetooth headphones. Heavier models are uncomfortable and awkward to wear, while larger models often don’t fit snugly against your head.
- You don’t have to stick with a set of black Bluetooth headphones. Several companies offer the headphones in a variety of phone colors, including green, purple, red, pink, blue, platinum gray and camo.
- It’s good practice to take breaks when wearing the headphones for a long period of time. Your ears will benefit from a little rest. Some companies even recommend taking the headphones off every 1 to 2 hours during the hot summer months.
- Certain noises can’t be canceled out, even when you wear the headphones. These include high-frequency sounds, snoring and talking.
- When giving a set of Bluetooth headphones as a gift, look for one with beautiful packaging. You may also wish to opt for a model that comes with a hard case or a light carrying case.
- It’s important to keep your headphones clean if you want them to last a long time. On a regular basis, you’ll want to use an alcohol-based cleaning solution and a microfiber cloth to wipe down the headphones. Make sure the headphones have been turned off before you begin. You can use a lint-free cloth to dry the Bluetooth headphones if you need to begin using them right away. Otherwise, set them aside to air dry.
- Style, construction materials and special features all play a role in the total cost of a set of Bluetooth headphones.