Steadyrack Classic Bike Storage, 1-Bike
Last updated: July 27, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bike Storage and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bike Storage you should buy.
Whether you have a road, mountain or hybrid bike, you'll love this bike storage. This rack is wall mounted to keep the floor space in your garage free for other things. It's made with a durable steel frame that is able to hold as much as 77 pounds. It even swivels for customized positioning.In our analysis of 71 expert reviews, the Steadyrack Classic Bike Storage, 1-Bike placed 12th when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack will have you thinking about new ways to store your bicycle. A perfect solution for the home, garage, small apartment or office space, the Steadyrack can store your bicycle vertically and swivel nearly 180 degrees to either side to save additional space. Built to last, the Steadyrack is easy to use and install, with no heavy lifting – simply pull your bike up on the back wheel and slide it into the rack system. And unlike bike hooks, the Steadyrack can be installed virtually anywhere. If you’re tired of parking your bike in the living room, the Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack is a great alternative.Features: Can be mounted to virtually any wall Can swivel almost 180 degrees from side to side Minimizes space without compromising safety Keeps the bicycle secure without damaging the rims.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Bike Storage Rankings
Bicycles are not only fun to ride, but they also provide a great way to squeeze in some exercise. Whether you simply use your bikes for recreational purposes, or you ride them to school or work, you’ll need a safe place to store them. It’s a good idea to review the different types of storage options before you buy, so you can determine which one will work best for your needs.
Floor racks are a great option for families, as they can store up to five bicycles at a time. Most work well with 12 to 26-inch bikes, which means you can also use them to keep your beach cruisers and mountain bikes neat and organized. Look for a floor rack made from powder-coated steel that is weather-resistant if you need to set it up outside.
Another option is to go with a wall mount to store your bicycle up off the floor. They work great in garages, sheds and even small city apartments. There are single models, as well as units that can hold up to three bikes at a time. It’s important that you check the weight capacity before buying a wall mount, as some are only capable of handling bikes of up to 40 pounds, while others can hold bicycles that weigh as much as 77 pounds.
Check for any extras that the wall mount bike storage might have to offer. For example, some models have a 160-degree side-to-side swivel, which allows you to move the bicycles out of the way without taking them completely down. Other bike storage racks also have hooks for keeping the family’s helmets next to their bikes.
You can also go with bike storage that comes in the form of a tent. The tents are typically able to store up to two adult bicycles. You want one that is industrial grade with a roof that has UPF 50+ protection. The great thing about this type of bike storage is that it is multipurpose. It can also be used to organize your pool toys or gardening equipment.
- Not all bike storage solutions come with instruction manuals. One suggestion is to search popular video sites, like YouTube, to watch another user install their bike storage. If you are a visual learner, this is a better option than written instructions anyway.
- Some reviewers suggest buying your own wall anchor hardware instead of using the hardware provided by the bike storage company.
- If the screws on the bike rack you purchase aren’t countersunk, it is important that you use extra caution when storing and removing your bicycle, as it is possible for the front tire to rub against the screw and become damaged.
- It’s good practice to clean your bicycle racks from time to time. They will collect dust, as well as dirt and grime from the bicycle tires. You can complete this chore with a little soap and warm water or a cleaning solution that is water-soluble. You can use a soft bristle brush if you need to remove any dried mud. Wipe the unit clean with just water when you’re done and then dry it with a lint-free cloth.
- Design plays the biggest role in the price of bike storage. Models that are among the most economical come with a simple hook that only holds bicycles under 38 pounds. The most costly is the Bike Nook Adjustable Bike Storage Stand.