StarPack Basics Silicone Spatula Set
Last updated date: October 8, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Spatulas and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Spatula you should buy.
The StarPack Basics Silicone Spatula Set is our top pick, thanks to its solid core and easy to hold handles. Users can also take comfort in the product's FDA approval and its BPA-free construction. As as added bonus, these spatulas are non-stick and safe to toss in your dishwasher. During our testing, this set worked extremely well. In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the StarPack Home StarPack Basics Silicone Spatula Set placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 8, 2019:
Checkout The Best Spatula for a detailed review of all the top spatulas.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
If you are tired of unhygienic spatulas that melt, warp or flake into your food, these solid silicone spatulas will bring the joy back to your kitchen! The one piece design means they won’t harbor bacteria, and the smooth edges are kind to your expensive non-stick pans. They are perfect for spreading frosting or scraping out mixing bowls. This set contains 2 x large silicone spatula and 2 x small silicone spatula. StarPack Products is a family-owned company, and we live by our values of offering style, quality and value. Our friends and family use these products in their homes, so we can vouch for their safety, quality and durability. Our customers agree - just look at our 16,000+ 5 star reviews! starpack kitchen utensils 5 star reviews best spatula silicone sets home cooking tools Proven quality, time after time We have over 16,000+ 5-star reviews from our happy customers - we are proud of the quality of our products and strive to make our customers happy. Premium Quality, High Performance silicone spatula le crueset rachel ray paula deen mixing dough holiday gift her christmas women girl silicone spatula le crueset rachel ray paula deen mixing dough holiday gift her christmas women girl silicone spatula le crueset rachel ray paula deen mixing dough holiday gift her christmas women girl The Best Quality Kitchen Utensils High quality silicone - Always BPA-free, FDA-approved high quality silicone. Essential cooking tools for your kitchen. High-Heat, No Melt – Highest quality silicone means no more melted kitchen utensils! Cook your favorite meals without worrying, as these spatulas are heat resistant to 480°F Versatile and Durable Cooking Tools Built to Last - Like all StarPack products, these essential and versatile kitchen tools will last you years with proper care Measurements 2 x Large Silicone Spatulas: 11.5" x 2.2" 2 x Small Silicone Spatulas: 8.5" x 1.6" Hygienic, Non-Stick Safe Design Protect your expensive pans - The silicone coated heads are firm enough lift or stir with ease, yet coated in soft silicone so no more scratches. Hygienic and easy to clean - No seams or cracks to trap food and harmful bacteria. Clean up is a breeze – simply wipe under hot water or throw in the dishwasher. starpack silicone spatula set large small solid one piece non stick heat resistant red non stick spatula high heat resistant flexible thin rubber flipper black gray wide gift Gifting Made Easy Give a gift that they will really love! Our product range is full of high-quality, desirable gift ideas for kitchen and home. Perfect for Christmas, Weddings and Birthdays. Style, Quality and Value for you and your family non stick spatula high heat resistant flexible thin rubber flipper black gray wide.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Spatulas
No kitchen is complete without a few spatulas that make cooking and baking at home a breeze. The two most basic types of spatulas include sets that are designed to scrape batter and mashed potatoes from the sides of a bowl and individual models that are made to flip pancakes and hamburgers.
When you’re ready to shop for a spatula, consider the following helpful information:
It is important to start off examining the materials used to make the spatula. Silicone is ideal, as it is capable of withstanding high temperatures. Generally, you’ll find they are able to handle heat between 450 and 600 degrees Fahrenheit. Under those temperatures, the spatulas are safe from melting, becoming discolored and even shrinking.
Some models, like the Upgood Silicone Spatula Set, also use an internal stainless steel core to provide added durability. The steel also keeps the handle and core from bending while you’re busy mixing ingredients.
Take a look at the spatula’s handle to make sure you’ll get a comfortable non-slip grip. The GLOUE Silicone Spatula Set features a 3D handle made using an ergonomic design that does just that.
Check for any recommendations or certifications that let you know you’re buying a quality product. For example, the DI ORO Chef Series Premium Turner Silicone Spatula is made using a LFGB Certified Silicone. It’s also BPA-free and approved by the FDA.
Finally, consider any extras. Does the spatula set come in different colors, or does it contain spatulas that are different sizes for completing both big and small tasks? The StarPack Home StarPack Basics Silicone Spatula Set goes one step further by offering purchasers a free bonus cooking PDF entitled “101 Cooking Tips.”
DYWM Fun Fact
- It isn’t known who exactly was the first person to invent this handy kitchen tool, but it is believed to date back to at least 1525.
- The spatula has been called by many names, such as a turner, flipper and a fish slice. Because spatulas removed all the batter from a bowl, they were referred to as “child cheaters.” Little ones were left without any batter to lick.
- Weird Al Yankovic once created a fake ad for a store called Spatula City in his movie titled “UHF.”
The Spatula Buying Guide
- Thanks to silicone’s ability to withstand heat, spatulas are safe to place in a dishwasher. Of course, they are also a cinch to wash by hand with a little dish soap and warm water.
- Always look for a warranty before making your purchase. That way, if the spatula doesn’t live up to your expectations or doesn’t meet the company’s claims, you can get your money back. Some warranties are only good for a short period of time, while others last forever.
- Check the top of your spatula for a hole. This hole allows you to hang your spatula in your kitchen from a hook. If the spatula doesn’t have one, you can store it upright in a jar with a few other utensils, or place it in a utensil drawer.
- Spatulas have plenty of other uses besides scraping brownie batter. You can use them as a fly swatter, back scratcher, dry wall scraper, snow scraper, clay cutter, plant supporter and even to give your snowman arms in the winter.
- There are several things you need to take into consideration when comparing spatula prices. Start by examining how many spatulas come in the set. Divide that number by the price to know how much you’re paying per spatula. You’ll find the StarPack Home StarPack Basics Silicone Spatula Set and the Upgood Silicone Spatula Set are slightly more expensive than the GLOUE Silicone Spatula Set, even though each set has four spatulas. Next, you’ll want to examine the quality of the spatulas. The DI ORO Chef Series Premium Turner Silicone Spatula has a higher price tag because it is professional grade.