StarPack Basics Silicone Kitchen Utensil Set, 5-Piece
Last updated date: April 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Utensil Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Utensil Set you should buy.
The StarPack Basics Silicone Utensil Set, 5-Piece make a great addition to any kitchen. These premium solid silicone utensils won’t harbor bacteria or let you down by melting or warping, and the smooth edges won’t scratch non-stick pans. In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the StarPack StarPack Basics Silicone Utensil Set, 5-Piece placed 3rd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Utensil Set for a detailed review of all the top utensil sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The silicone coated heads are firm enough lift or stir with ease, yet coated in soft, flexible silicone so no more scratches.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Utensil Sets
Whether you’re just starting out in your first apartment or you simply need to upgrade, no kitchen is complete without a quality set of utensils. There are several different types of utensil sets on the market, so it’s helpful to understand what’s available before you begin shopping for the best collection.
Review your particular situation to determine how many utensils you need and what type of utensils you are lacking. If you’re moving out of your parents’ home and into your own, you’ll want to go with a multipurpose set, like the oannao Silicone Cooking Utensil Set, 14-Piece. You’ll get everything from serving spoons to spatulas to a can opener. If you tend to entertain frequently, you may want to simply add a set of serving spoons to your collection.
Consider the construction material next. Plastic models are easy to clean, but most stain easily and don’t handle high heat well. Silicone models can handle high heat and are a better choice than plastic, so long as they are made from an FDA-approved food-grade silicone that is nontoxic. You’ll also want to consider a stainless steel utility set, as it won’t rust or stain. The LIANYU Serving & Slotted Spoons, 6-Piece is a good option. It’s made from a premium stainless steel that is both sturdy and durable.
Examine the utensils to ensure the handles have a decent weight and are made using an ergonomic design that is comfortable to hold. The AOOSY Perforated Utility Spoons, 6-Piece goes a step further by making the handles longer for a better reach.
Keep an eye out for utensil sets with special features. Some utensil sets come with their own storage bins. The Utopia Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set, 5-Piece is made with a loop on the end of each handle for easy hanging. There are companies that provide free ebooks with their utensil sets to give you a little inspiration the next time you prepare a meal.
DWYM Fun Fact
When it comes to utensils, you’ll find several entries in the Guinness World Records book. Here are a few:
- Uri Geller from Israel is credited with making the largest steel spoon in May of 2019. It measured 53- feet and 1-inch long and had a diameter of 6-feet and 8-inches.
- In Serbia, Dalibor Jablanovic was able to obtain the Guinness World Record title for the most spoons balanced on the body. In June of 2016, he balanced an astounding 79 spoons on his body at one time.
- The title for largest collection of spatulas goes to American Renee Wesberry. Wesberry accumulated 1,636 spatulas by May of 2017.
- In September of 2015, O.K. Watterfaescht from Switzerland made it into the Guinness World Records book for designing the largest working corkscrew. It measured 5-feet and 8.1-inches long.
The Utensil Set Buying Guide
- You’ll need to read the utensil set’s product care guide before attempting to clean the pieces. Silicone models shouldn’t be scrubbed with any abrasive cleaners or materials. Some stainless steel models must be washed by hand using warm water and a mild dish soap, while others are listed as dishwasher safe. Even if the utensils are dishwasher safe, they may only be safe if washed on the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Utensil sets make excellent wedding presents and housewarming gifts. They are also nice Christmas and birthday presents for anyone in the family who loves to go camping, as well as anyone who travels by RV.
- There are several ways to safely store your utensil set. You can dedicate one of your kitchen drawers to your utensils or set up a series of storage containers on your countertop. If counter space is an issue, you can attach a rail system to your backsplash and hang the utensils from the hooks on the system. There’s also the option to install a pegboard on the wall or the side of an end cabinet.
- When comparing the price of utensil sets, you must consider the number of utensils in the set. To do this, you’ll need to divide the total cost by the number of utensils in the set. Once you do, you’ll find the LIANYU Serving & Slotted Spoons, 6-Piece is among the most affordable. The AOOSY Perforated Utility Spoons, 6-Piece and the oannao Silicone Cooking Utensil Set, 14-Piece are moderately priced, while the Utopia Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set, 5-Piece has the highest price tag, thanks to the added hook feature that allows you to hang the utensils.