Starbucks Medium Roast Hot Chocolate K-Cups, 60-Count
Last updated date: April 25, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hot Chocolate K-Cups and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hot Chocolate K-Cup you should buy.
Update as April 25, 2022:
Checkout The Best Hot Chocolate K-Cups for a detailed review of all the top hot chocolate k-cups.
Each cup of this hot cocoa is packed with authentic Starbucks hot cocoa flavor. You'll get 10 servings in each box, and you can order them in multi-box sets if you're a frequent hot cocoa drinker. Each serving has 90 calories.
In our analysis, the Starbucks Starbucks Medium Roast Hot Chocolate K-Cups, 60-Count placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
FLAVOR: Starbucks Classic Hot Cocoa is an indulgent favorite that’s rich and creamy. A PREMIUM CUP: Starbucks coffee is crafted with expertly roasted 100 percent arabica coffee beans. FOR KEURIG BREWERS: Starbucks K-Cup pods are designed for use with the Keurig Single Cup Brewing System. ENJOY AT HOME: Enjoy the Starbucks coffee you love without leaving your home or office. CONTENTS: Includes 6 boxes of 10 K-Cup pods of Starbucks Classic Hot Cocoa for a total of 60 pods.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hot Chocolate K-Cups
It’s never been easier to make a cup of hot cocoa — especially if you have a Keurig coffee maker. You can buy pods filled with hot cocoa mix. Simply slide the cup in just as you would a coffee pod, stick the cup on the tray and press the buttons to get the serving size for your cup.
But if you’ve ever used instant cocoa mix, you know the flavor can vary widely from one brand to another. The desired taste is usually rich and creamy, but that traditional taste requires milk, and K-Cups operate with water. So some manufacturers incorporate milk into the powder to achieve that same taste by just adding water.
Milk chocolate is the typical taste associated with hot cocoa, but there are many other flavor options as well. Salted caramel is particularly popular. You can also find reduced-calorie cocoas, but K-Cup cocoa is usually fairly low in calories from the start. Some consumers add creamer, milk or flavored syrups to their hot cocoa for that extra flavor injection.
The Hot Chocolate K-Cup Buying Guide
- Before putting the K-Cup in the brewer, shake it up to make sure the powder inside is mixed well. This will also help break up any clumps.
- There are concerns about the eco-friendliness of K-Cups, but many manufacturers pack their ingredients into recyclable plastic cups now. You simply need to peel the top off, clean the internal contents out and toss it in the recycle bin.
- Hot cocoa can clog up the internal workings of your Keurig. For best results, run one cycle of only water into a coffee cup after each cup of cocoa you make.
- One thing you can’t get with K-Cup cocoa is the tiny marshmallows that come in some instant cocoa packets. But there’s nothing stopping you from loading your cup full of marshmallows or whipped cream after you’ve made your cup.
- Low-calorie versions of K-Cup cocoa are available. One of the best things about K-Cup cocoa is that it typically has fewer calories than its counterpart in packet form.
- Although hot cocoa isn’t coffee, it’s important to note that chocolate does have some caffeine. So if you need decaffeinated hot cocoa, you’ll have to narrow your search to that.
- K-Cups are packaged in a box, with multi-box sets available if you want to buy in bulk.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide