Star Pro Line Star Wax Premium Pomade
Last updated date: April 9, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Firm Hold Pomade Hair Waxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax you should buy.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Star Pro Line Star Pro Line Star Wax Premium Pomade placed 6th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax for a detailed review of all the top firm hold pomade hair waxes.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Many hair styling products designed for a strong hold are based on heavy, waxy compounds. If you have ever tried to rinse off an ordinary wax-based cream, you probably know how difficult it could be to get rid of it completely. Worse, ordinary styling products are usually offensive to your hair, drying it out and leaving it dull. Star Wax Original is a high-performance, strong-hold styling pomade specifically engineered to address all of these problems. The unique formula behind Star Wax is based on a combination of pure, distilled water and jojoba essence, allowing it to rinse off completely from your hair without leaving any residue. However, unlike other easy-to-rinse, water-based styling products, Star Wax provides an exceptionally strong hold. The jojoba extract nourishes and protects your hair and scalp, providing a long-lasting feeling of moisture. Star Wax is so friendly to your hair, it can be used for years without affecting its condition at all. When you use Star Wax Original, you will notice that while it is extremely strong compared to ordinary water-based products, it actually remains elastic, even after it dries. Many styling products make your hair brittle when they dry out, but Star Wax maintains its firm hold without making your hair feel hard and inflexible. In fact, you can even restyle your hair throughout the day without affecting Star Wax's hold. Star Wax's long-lasting holding power will easily survive multiple restyles. Star Wax Original provides a shiny finish and features an allergen-free, refreshing fragrance. Note: Actual product packaging may differ from images shown due to packaging updates by manufacturer.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Firm Hold Pomade Hair Waxes
While hairspray is inexpensive and easy to use, it can leave hair feeling crusty and sometimes even a bit sticky. An excellent alternative is a firm hold pomade hair wax. This handy styling product successfully tackles flyaways and leaves hair looking smooth and put together. As you browse the available waxes, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
First, determine whether the firm hold pomade hair wax is water-based or oil-based. Water-based waxes are generally preferred, as they can be rinsed clean using water only. There’s no need for soap or shampoo. Oil-based pomades, however, won’t rinse clean with just water. You’ll need a grease-fighting dish soap to get them out.
Second, decide how much of a shine you’re looking for. You can get a pomade hair wax with a matte finish, like the Challenger Clean Matte Cream Pomade, which is a great choice when preparing for work. Of course, if you’re getting ready to go to the club, a wax with a high shine might be your preferred choice.
Third, review the ingredients on the firm hold pomade hair wax’s product label. The Jovinno Natural Hair Styling Pomade is actually made in France using only high-quality natural ingredients. This type of formula benefits individuals who have sensitive scalps, as well as those with dry scalps and hair, as there are no harsh chemicals, like alcohol, that contribute to drying out hair.
Fourth, check the hold. Chances are you’re a busy person and you don’t have time to restyle your hair midday. A product like the Osensia Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax has a strong hold that lasts throughout the day, and it does so without leaving behind any flakes or greasy residue.
Finally, consider whether you want your firm hold pomade hair wax to have a fragrance. There are fragrance-free versions on the market, as well as units that have light and strong scents. The Suavecito Pomade Firme Hold is made using a gender-neutral scent that can be enjoyed by both adults and children.
DWYM Fun Fact
You may be surprised to learn that the use of hair gels and waxes to style hair began less than a century ago. Chemico Works was the first company to make and manufacture a hair gel, which they did in England in 1929. It grew in popularity and was eventually introduced to the United States.
In the mid 20th century, a new product called pomade was invented specifically to aid in the creation of a classic style, like the side part. It’s purpose is to tame flyaways and smooth out hair, unlike waxes that work to hold big spikes and more dramatic hairstyles in place.
The Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax Buying Guide
- Some firm hold pomades can’t be adjusted once applied, as they harden and become stiff. If you plan on changing your hairstyle after work for a night out on the town, you’ll need to first wash the pomade out to restyle your hair.
- You don’t need to use a large amount of the pomade hair wax to adequately style your hair. Simply place a dime-sized amount in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together and either comb or rub the pomade through your hair with your fingers. Finish by styling your hair as you normally would.
- Firm hold pomade hair wax can be applied to damp or dry hair. Keep in mind that when using it with dry hair, you’ll get the best hold, especially if the product is water-based. If you do apply the hair wax to damp hair, use a hair dryer afterward to lock in the look.
- If strong smells affect you, you’ll want to review the amount of fragrance in the firm hold pomade hair wax before you purchase it.
- Although price may not be the sole determinant in which firm hold pomade hair wax you go with, it should be a factor in your decision. Before comparing prices, you must first figure out the cost per ounce, which you can get by dividing the total cost by the number of answers in the tub of pomade. The Suavecito Pomade Firme Hold turns out to be one of the more affordable pomades, while the Osensia Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax and the Jovinno Natural Hair Styling Pomade are moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the Challenger Clean Matte Cream Pomade.