STANLEY J5C09 JUMPiT Portable Power Station Jump Starter
Last updated date: April 12, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Battery Jump Starters For Cars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Battery Jump Starter For Cars you should buy.
Update as April 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Battery Jump Starter For Cars for a detailed review of all the top battery jump starters for cars.
This power station delivers 1,000 peak amps to help vehicles start faster. It also has a built-in 12-volt DC outlet, a USB port, a 120-PSI air compressor for inflating tires and an LED light.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the STANLEY J5C09 JUMPiT Portable Power Station Jump Starter placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Offers both 12-volt and USB outlets to charge personal electronics. High-powered LED light that rotates 270 degrees. 120 PSI Compressor with Backlight Gauge. Heavy-duty brass tipped SureFit™ compressor nozzle securely connects to tire valve stems. Reverse polarity alarm to alert when there is an improper connection. Power and charge indicator. All Metal Powder Coated Clamps. Built- in 120V AC charger, recharges unit with standard household extension cord.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Battery Jump Starters For Cars
When car batteries die, drivers can find themselves stranded if they don’t have the right tools. Jumper cables can recharge batteries, but only when they are connected to other batteries. There is always the option of calling for roadside assistance, but if you have a compact jump starter, you can easily charge the battery yourself.
The latest battery jump starters are made with compact lithium-ion batteries. They are generally budget-friendly, and the smallest ones are about as big as a book and weigh only a pound. These compact jump starters can start up cars in seconds, and they may have other functions as well.
Some of these chargers have built-in LED flashlights, which are invaluable if your vehicle has broken down in the dark. Look for other features, too, like built-in USB ports, other connectors and air compressors. With all these extras, a portable battery charger can be the most important part of your car or home’s emergency kits.
The Battery Jump Starter For Cars Buying Guide
- Avoid old-school, lead-acid jump-starters, which do not work as well as lithium jump starters. The former can weigh as much as 40 pounds, and they do not last as long.
- Check the type of battery your vehicle has before buying the jump starter. Most cars and SUVs work on 6- to 12-volt batteries, and you may need an industrial-grade charger for larger trucks.
- You will also need to know what type of engine you have before picking out a charger. For example, 4-cylinder gasoline engines run on 150 to 250 amps, and 6-cylinder gas engines run on 250 to 350 amps.
- Check for safety features like reverse polarity and short circuit protection.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide