Stanley Bostitch Dual Melt Glue Gun
Last updated date: April 9, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hot Glue Applicators and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hot Glue Applicator you should buy.
Editor's Note April 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hot Glue Applicator for a detailed review of all the top hot glue applicators.
In our analysis of 38 expert reviews, the Stanley Bostitch Stanley Bostitch Dual Melt Glue Gun placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The versatility of both high and low temperature gluing in one gun. Convenient high/low selector switch. Trigger feed and nozzle check valve for even application. Heats up quickly. Fold-out stand. Uses standard dual-temperature glue on either setting or hot melt on the high setting. Global Product Type: Glue Guns, Heat Settings: High, Low, Type of Glue Used: Hot Melt, Standard Dual-Temperature Glue, For Use With: Glue Stick BOSGS15, Glue Stick BOSGS20, Glue Stick BOSGS230, Glue Stick BOSGS25, Glue Stick BOSGS260, Glue Stick BOSGS500.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hot Glue Applicators
Glue applicators are extremely versatile. You can use them in hundreds of different craft projects, to mend broken items around the home and even to hem a pair of pants. If you don’t currently own a glue applicator or you find yourself in need of a replacement, consider how often you intend on using the device and what you want it to be capable of doing before you make a purchase decision.
Not all glue applicators are capable of bonding together every type of material. Your basic glue applicator will work on paper, plastic and certain fabrics, but you’ll need a more heavy-duty glue applicator for other projects. The AdTech Mini Hot Glue Gun Combo Pack is a great choice, as it also works on metal, ceramic and wood.
The Hot Glue Applicator Buying Guide
- Make sure you protect your counter or kitchen table from the glue that drips out of the glue applicator in between uses.
- Most glue applicators lack an on/off switch, which means you’ll need to unplug the glue gun as soon as you’re finished using it.
- Be prepared to give the glue applicator time to fully cool down before you put it away.
- Craft glue applicators are not ideal for heavy-duty woodworking jobs. A stronger glue is needed to bond furniture and similar items.
- As you compare prices for the available glue applicators on the market, don’t forget to take into consideration the construction materials, safety certifications and added bonuses. The TOPELEK Mini Hot Glue Gun Kit and the AdTech Mini Hot Glue Gun Combo Pack are the most affordable, as they are basic in design and don’t hold any special certifications. The Cobiz Dual Power Hot Glue Gun Kit and the Chandler Tool Full Size Hot Glue Gun, on the other hand, are able to command a higher price thanks to their unique features and UL certifications.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide