Stand Steady ProErgo Pneumatic Ergonomic Kneeling Desk Office Chair
Last updated date: September 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kneeling Desk Office Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kneeling Desk Office Chair you should buy.
This chair is fully adjustable so you can find the best position for you. Reduce stiffness and soreness from sitting all day while correcting your posture. The chair has a strong metal base and can support 250 pounds. In our analysis of 36 expert reviews, the Stand Steady Stand Steady ProErgo Pneumatic Ergonomic Kneeling Desk Office Chair placed 5th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Kneeling Desk Office Chair for a detailed review of all the top kneeling desk office chairs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
NEW AND IMPROVED: With its NEW pneumatic pump for increased height flexibility, your kneeling chair is now fully adjustable- so you can customize it to your perfect comfort level. Designed to naturally correct your posture, the ProErgo Ergonomic Kneeling Chair helps relieve workday stiffness from sitting too long in traditional office chairs. MAXIMUM COMFORT: We’ve got your back (and your knees, shins, and your behind)! This ergonomic kneeling chair is designed to alleviate neck and back pain - without the added pressure on your knees and shins. Equipped with breathable three-inch fabric cushions, this chair was made for all day cool comfort. HEAVY DUTY: The ProErgo Ergonomic Kneeling Chair is designed with a strong metal base, so it’s constructed to last - supporting up to 250 lbs. Now that’s sturdy! MODERN DESIGN: Office seating with an EDGE! With its sleek all black style, your new kneeling chair is the perfect fit for your home, office, classroom, and anywhere you need a little extra support! It features four easy-rolling wheels, so you can move it throughout the day – like your old office chair (but better!) EASY ASSEMBLY: Your kneeling chair can be ready in just five minutes with our NEW simple set-up design and easy to follow instructions.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kneeling Desk Office Chairs
In many jobs, sitting at a desk in front of a computer is something you have to do for eight or more hours of the day. If you don’t have the right chair, this can wreak havoc on your back, shoulders, neck and arms. That’s why it’s important to explore different seating arrangements to find one that is more comfortable for you. The kneeling desk office chair is a relatively new innovation that works for many people.
This kind of chair puts you in a position where your thighs drop down at an angle, instead of being parallel to the ground in a regular chair. There are typically two padded sections in a kneeling chair: one for you to sit and one for you to kneel. The purpose of this chair is to alleviate strain from your lower back and add some pressure to your knees and shins instead. However, the majority of your weight is on the buttocks while using a kneeling chair, not on the knees. As a result, people who have weak knees or problems with their knees can still use a kneeling desk office chair.
Since the body is angled forward in the kneeling chair, the pelvis is also tilted forward which puts the spine in the correct alignment. It also helps you to sit up straighter and have a better posture. This helps make breathing easier and digestion smoother. With regular use of a kneeling desk office chair, you can strengthen your back and core muscles by keeping them engaged. Plus, you reduce pain in your lower back, shoulders and neck because you are sitting up straighter. Pain can be distracting while you’re focusing on your job. Finding a comfortable sitting position helps you work more productively.
DWYM Fun Fact
The best way to use a kneeling desk office chair is to use it intermittently with a regular office chair. Remaining in one position for long periods of time can cause discomfort and poor blood circulation. Ensure that your buttocks bears the bulk of your weight when sitting in a kneeling desk office chair. The misconception is that most of your weight is on your knees. Be sure to change your position frequently. One option is to keep one knee on the knee pad and extend the other leg out in front of you on the floor. Then you can do the same with the other leg. You can also extend both legs out in front of you while keeping your buttocks on the seat.
The Kneeling Desk Office Chair Buying Guide
- When you’re looking at a kneeling desk office chair, one of the most important elements to consider are the angles of the chair. The purpose of the kneeling chair is to relieve pressure from your lower back and tilt your pelvis forward, spreading out some of the weight to your shins. As a result, you’ll want a chair with a seat that is angled forward and has an adjustable design. This will help you figure out the best angles for your height so you can find a comfortable and supportive position. Most kneeling desk office chairs specify which heights they can accommodate.
- Having thick padding on both the seat and knee rest is key so that you don’t get sore from using the chair. Opt for cushions that are between two and four inches thick for optimal comfort.
- Some kneeling desk office chairs come with backrests while others do not. Consider whether you want the flexibility to lean back and have support or if you want to focus on engaging your core and leaning forward in your seat.
- Most kneeling desk office chairs have four rolling caster wheels. This provides you with mobility so you can move from one section of your workspace to another easily. Opt for wheels that have locks so that you can also secure your chair in place when you need to. This is helpful when you’re just starting out using a kneeling desk chair as it takes you a while to get into a comfortable position.
- Look at the load capacity on the kneeling desk office chair to ensure it works for you. Most office chairs have a load capacity of between 250 to 330 pounds.