Spring Chef Bottle Opener & Kitchen Shears
Last updated date: October 28, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Shears and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Shears you should buy.
Update as October 28, 2022:
Checkout The Best Kitchen Shears for a detailed review of all the top kitchen shears.
Cut your food prep time in half with these durable kitchen shears. The blades are sharp and able to make precise cuts through fruits, vegetables and even pizza dough. In between the handle is a built-in bottle opener and the set comes with a complimentary blade cover.
In our analysis of 103 expert reviews, the Spring Chef Bottle Opener & Kitchen Shears placed 6th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Sharp, precise cuts are literally at your fingertips and require very little effort. These shears make tasks around the kitchen, house and garden easier and don’t mangle what you are cutting. Solid and well-built, they are powerful and dependable with stainless steel blades that won’t rust. Multi-purpose scissors that can cut chicken/poultry, meat, vegetables, fresh and dried fruits, herbs, chocolate, and even string, packaging and flower stems. Built-in bottle opener is convenient and can also be used to crack open nuts. These are built to last and will never falter or hesitate as you snip. Try them to cut toppings for a salad, cut apart pizza, remove blemishes from produce, de-core lettuce and cabbage, trim artichokes, de-stem strawberries and more. You may find yourself using them for miscellaneous items as well such as cutting cardboard, paper, foil or milk jugs. They cut through materials like butter and are up for all tasks with comfortable handles that are easy to grip. Quick and efficient to get your meals prepared fast. Reduces the need to drag out a cutting board and larger knife, saving time and energy as well. Cut foods directly into a bowl or pot. Durable to power through your toughest jobs with excellent blade edges that easily slice through foods and non-food items alike. You’ll wonder how you ever did without these and may find yourself using them several times to prepare a single meal. They are a joy to use and come with a removable blade cover to keep your shears and hands safe. Fits equally well in left or right hand with comfortable, symmetrical handles. Plus they are Dishwasher Safe and backed by a Lifetime Assurance.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchen Shears
If you enjoy preparing meals from scratch for family and friends, there are a few essential tools you’ll want to have in your kitchen. A set of kitchen shears, for example, can significantly cut down on the time you spend chopping fruits, vegetables and meats into bite-sized pieces.
While shears are almost identical to scissors in design and purpose, they are differentiated by their length. Scissors are typically under 6 inches, while shears measure 6 inches and above. Shears are also designed to cut thicker and harder objects than an everyday pair of scissors.
Before you purchase your first set of kitchen shears, there are a few things you’ll want to take into consideration. Start by examining the tool’s handle. You want to make sure it is made with a material that gives you a good grip, so your fingers don’t slip out during a cut. The KitchenAid All-Purpose Kitchen Shear not only has a handle with a good grip, but the handle is also soft. You’ll get the stability you need, as well as a little comfort.
It’s worth noting that although most kitchen shears are made for right-handed individuals, it is possible to find a manufacturer who makes specially designed shears for lefties.
Your next step is to examine the kitchen shears’ blades. Most modern shears are made using stainless steel blades, as they are resistant to rust and do not become discolored when working with foods that have a natural dye. The blades should also be serrated. The serrated edges allow for a firm grip on the piece of food you wish to cut.
Another aspect to consider is whether you’d like your shears to serve more than one purpose. Some shears have a center that quickly and easily opens bottle caps and a handle that cracks nuts. If you drink a lot of soda pop while munching on walnuts, this might be a better option for you.
Individuals who don’t have a lot of strength in their hands may do better with a set of shears that uses a spring-loaded handle. The springs do the work for you as you squeeze. Since you don’t need as much pressure to cut food, your hands are spared from the strain they typically feel when using a set of shears.
The Kitchen Shears Buying Guide
- To check the quality of your kitchen shears, close the blades and look to make sure the tips line up perfectly.
- In order for your kitchen shears to continue cutting with precision and ease, you’ll need to have them sharpened regularly. How often you sharpen them depends on how much you use them, but every two weeks is a good rule of thumb.
- Kitchen shears can be sharpened a variety of ways. Sandpaper, aluminum foil or a sharpening stone are the most common.
- Beware of what causes your kitchen shears blades to dull prematurely. For example, not drying the blades off soon after they get wet is one cause. Another is cutting through bones instead of cutting the meat off the bones.
- When it comes to maintenance, you’ll also need to oil the kitchen shears’ pivot point. This keeps friction to a minimum, making it easier to cut through tough vegetables and meats.
- Always read the product label before washing the kitchen shears. Some only allow handwashing, especially the models that have removable blades. Others permit using a dishwasher, but state that handwashing is always best.
- When comparing the price of kitchen shears, you need to take into account any extra features that are offered. For example, you can expect sheers that have two additional built-in tools to be slightly more expensive than the Acelone Premium Stainless Steel Kitchen Shear, which is more basic. Models with an added spring that makes chopping less strenuous will also cost more than a model like the more basic KitchenAid All-Purpose Kitchen Shear.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide