Spot Shot Professional Instant Trigger Spray Carpet Stain Remover
Last updated date: June 23, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Carpet Stain Removers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Carpet Stain Remover you should buy.
Whether you own a business, or you simply have a lot of traffic through your home, you'll want to make sure you have a bottle of this carpet stain remover on hand. It's professional strength and works without any scrubbing or vacuuming. Just aim the bottle at your stain and pull the trigger. In our analysis of 99 expert reviews, the Spot Shot Spot Shot Instant Trigger Carpet Stain Remover placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Carpet Stain Remover for a detailed review of all the top carpet stain removers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Minimize rubbing, scrubbing or vacuuming with WD-40 Spot Shot Professional Instant Carpet Cleaner. It instantly removes spots and stains. Easily removes coffee, soda, wine, ink, greasy food, blood, make-up, pet stains and more. WD-40 carpet cleaner formula is effective on most new and old water-based and oil-based stains. Odor neutralizer and light fragrance leave your room smelling fresh. Each bottle includes 32-oz of carpet cleaner.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Carpet Stain Removers
No cleaning cabinet is complete without a carpet stain remover. Whether you have children and pets at home or not, you’re sure to encounter a few spills and areas of tracked-in dirt. As you shop for the best carpet stain remover, you’ll want to keep your specific needs in mind.
Consider going with a carpet stain remover that takes steps to respect the environment. For example, the Bissell Power Shot Oxy Carpet Stain Remover uses an eco-friendly formula that is kept in a recyclable package. It comes in an aerosol can and is able to get deep down into carpet fibers to lift away both new and old stains.
Look for a pet-friendly stain remover if you have a cat or dog in your home. This type of cleaner typically uses natural enzymatic bacteria that break up urine, feces and vomit stains. They can be used on just about any surface, including carpets, litter box mats, kennels and pet beds. Additionally, they contain a component that deodorizes to freshen the area up again.
Determine whether you need a carpet stain remover that also works on furniture. The Woolite Carpet & Upholstery Stain Remover, 4-Pack is equipped with a fabric-safe brush that can be used on upholstery. That means if your toddler spills a little apple juice on the sofa, you’ll be able to clean it up without any issues.
Check the carpet stain remover’s ability to do more than just remove a stain. The Resolve High Traffic Foam Carpet Stain Remover actually prevents future soils from being able to penetrate the carpet fibers. Other models also soften your carpet fibers and freshen up the area by trapping and removing bad odors.
Review the extra benefits associated with each carpet stain remover to see if any of them match your needs. For example, the Spot Shot Instant Trigger Carpet Stain Remover eliminates the need to do any scrubbing or rubbing. This is extremely beneficial to anyone with joint, muscle or pain issues. The stain remover does all the hard work for you.
DWYM Fun Fact
Stain removers have come a long way over the years. Approximately 5,000 years ago, the Babylonians used a soap-like mixture to clean fabrics. This is the first known type of stain remover, as prior to this time period, it is believed that humans simply used the water from rivers to release dirt and mud from their fabrics.
Fast-forward to the 1800s and you’ll notice a great number of books about housekeeping began to make their way to the market. These books suggested using everyday items, such as salt, milk, lemon juice and chalk to remove stains. Today, we have a wide variety of stain removers to choose from, including powerful chemical sprays and organic compounds that utilize natural enzymes.
The Carpet Stain Remover Buying Guide
- For the best results, it’s important to soak up as much of a spill as you can the minute it happens. You can use a few paper towels or a white rag. Don’t use a white towel on a red wine stain if that towel isn’t a rag, as you’ll be transferring the stain from the carpet to the cloth.
- Always take the time to spot-check an inconspicuous area of your carpet before you use the stain remover for the first time. You need to make sure it won’t alter the carpet color in any way.
- Tough stains can be paired with a steam cleaner for a more successful outcome.
- Baking soda is an excellent tool to use along with your carpet stain remover, should the remover not completely get rid of the odors that accompanied the stain. Simply sprinkle the baking soda over the previously stained area and let it sit overnight. The baking soda will absorb the unpleasant odor so that you can vacuum it up come morning.
- Most stain removers require you to keep children and pets away from the area until the solution has dried and the area has been vacuumed.
- When comparing carpet stain remover prices, you’ll need to first determine the price per ounce by dividing the total cost by the number of ounces in the stain remover’s bottle. You’ll find the Resolve High Traffic Foam Carpet Stain Remover to be the most affordable. Both, the Spot Shot Instant Trigger Carpet Stain Remover and the Woolite Carpet & Upholstery Stain Remover, 4-Pack are moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the Bissell Power Shot Oxy Carpet Stain Remover, which doesn’t require any scrubbing or vacuuming.