Spärkel Electric Reusable Bottle Soda Maker
Last updated date: December 28, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Soda Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Soda Maker you should buy.
Update as December 28, 2021:
Checkout The Best Soda Maker for a detailed review of all the top soda makers.
Skip all the harsh ingredients found in commercial sodas and create your own sparkling beverages using all-natural ingredients and this soda maker. With the machine, you can add bubbles to your water, tea, wine and fruit drinks. The unit itself is super sleek, so it won't take up much room on your kitchen counter.
In our analysis of 58 expert reviews, the Spärkel Electric Reusable Bottle Soda Maker placed 2nd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Designed for sparkling beverage fans, Spärkel is The most convenient way to make your drink with real flavors and the bubbles you crave
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Soda Makers
Soda water is rapidly gaining popularity, thanks to trendy brands on the shelves of many grocery stores across the country. Drinking carbonated water has become such a lifestyle staple that it even warrants household soda water machines, allowing users to make their own sparkling drinks on demand.
This bubbly beverage tastes like a refreshingly delectable treat, but without added sweeteners. It’s also free of calories, sugar and fat. Those cutting down on classic soda, alcohol or other sugary drinks often turn to soda water to stay satisfied and on track.
If you consume a significant amount of soda water, replenishing your stock with cans or bottles can become expensive and wasteful. Instead, consider making your own soda water at home. Switching to an at-home water-carbonating appliance will save you money and trash in the long run.
These handy appliances use attached canisters of carbon dioxide to inject the gas into still water (and sometimes other drinks), creating delectable bubbles in your beverage. Machines use a button or pump to inject the gas into an attached bottle of still water. Most models also allow you to easily add a variety of flavors to kick your sparkling water up a notch.
Some soda water makers include a “starter kit” with a canister of carbon dioxide, as well as a bottle or two to place your soda water in. You’ll need to purchase new carbon dioxide canisters once you’re finished, which, depending on the frequency of use, can be within weeks, months or even years.
Replacement canisters can usually be purchased through the company of your soda water machine. For example, some models offer a handy canister exchange program. Other companies don’t supply these items, and you will need to buy them elsewhere. Most household retailers carry carbon dioxide canisters.
Picky about how carbonated your drinks are? Sometimes, it’s too fizzy to feel refreshing. Other times, it’s not fizzy enough for your liking. Some soda water makers allow you to determine just how fizzy your water gets. Simply add more carbon dioxide to increase the amount of bubbles. Some machines may have carbon dioxide input buttons that are easier to control, so be sure to pay attention to that factor if you like to change up your soda’s consistency or have a strict low-fizz policy.
While they range in size, soda makers are typically manufactured to fit on your household countertop. Some models are bulkier and take up valuable room, so they may require an alternate storage option when not in use. Others are small and compact, comparable to an average-sized coffee maker.
The environment also benefits from household soda watermakers. If you’re a regular consumer of soda water, you can ditch repeated purchases of aluminum cans and glass or plastic bottles that end up in the landfill or recycling bins. That waste adds up quickly and just because you can recycle an item doesn’t necessarily mean it’s beneficial for the environment. It still takes plenty of water and energy to run recycling plants. Plus, extracting the raw materials needed to create that can or bottle can be environmentally harmful. With a soda water maker, you will reduce personal waste dramatically.
The Soda Maker Buying Guide
- Soda-making machines are relatively easy to clean and should be treated like any other kitchen appliance. Regularly clean soda water machines by spraying a cloth with water and gently wiping it down. If your model uses electricity, you may want to remove its batteries before cleaning. You’ll also want to avoid using too much water or harsh soap that could damage the equipment. Whether you are using designated sparkling water bottles or your own receptacle, it’s important to keep those clean between uses, too.
- Users are urged to only add carbon dioxide to water with certain soda watermakers. Adding carbon dioxide to sugary drinks can often cause an excess of bubbles, damaging the machine. Other models encourage you to experiment with other liquids to find your favorite combination.
- All of the machines detailed here are compatible with SodaStream sparkling water flavorings. No matter your preferences, there’s a flavor for you. They even have flavor syrups that will transform your beverage into a fruity mocktail or mimic your favorite classic cola. On their own, flavorings typically will get you through 9 liters of sparkling beverages. Depending on how often you use it, that could easily last months.
- Will you be able to store the machine easily or will it need to stay put? When choosing a countertop kitchen appliance, especially if you have children, it’s important to consider weight. Soda water makers have broad ranges of weights, typically between 3 and 20 pounds. If you plan to use your machine regularly and have ample countertop space, a bulkier machine may be for you.
- A majority of soda-making machines do not need batteries or electricity in order to function. They simply harness the pressure from releasing carbon dioxide to create fizzy beverages. That saves you valuable money on your electricity bill and you won’t need to purchase batteries to keep it running.
- Some soda maker models do not come with a carbon dioxide canister. Keep this in mind when purchasing your soda water maker so you aren’t stuck without the essential gas when you’re ready to make your first sparkling beverage.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide