South Shore Flexible Contemporary Storage Bed
Last updated date: April 3, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Storage Beds and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Storage Bed you should buy.
Update as April 11, 2022:
Checkout The Best Storage Beds for a detailed review of all the top storage beds.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the South Shore Flexible Contemporary Storage Bed placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Enjoy this innovative bed and all 9 storage compartments that entail. Mix and match according to your own style- alternate between open space and the 4 included storage bins. Creating storage out of otherwised unused space makes this bed the perfect solution for small spaces. This bed’s clean design will match any furniture or decor in your room and will live through any future rennovations.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Storage Beds
A bed is universally the focal point of a bedroom, but it’s hard to have enough room for a bed plus a complete set of furniture with limited space. Storage beds come to the rescue for this problem; they are great for small bedrooms and when you need more than one bed in a room.
These beds have built-in storage drawers under the mattresses, eliminating the need for box springs. Instead of needing a bulky dresser, you can make do quite nicely with this kind of bed frame.
Platform beds don’t need box springs because the mattresses sit on top of the frames. Slats that are level with the top of the platform support the mattresses, and these bedframes have a more modern aesthetic and may or may not have headboards and footboards. The frames can be made out of wood, wood products and fabrics. It’s essential to have a solid frame, so you will want to look for ones with center supports for added strength.
Platform storage beds don’t have to be raised high off the floor, and many are lower with drawers that aren’t as deep. There are many different options; you can find a style with one central drawer in the front that’s large enough to store blankets or ones that have several drawers on one or both sides.
For the younger set, there are higher beds that have a good number of spacious drawers built into the platform, along with things like bookcases and roll-out desks that make even better use of your space.
Like other bed frames, platform storage beds are sold in standard bed sizes, so you can find them for children and adults. Standard-sized mattresses will fit in them, so you don’t have to buy a new mattress for a new platform bed frame. Anything that saves this kind of money is a good thing!
The Storage Bed Buying Guide
- Storage beds can save you a lot of cash because they don’t require box springs, and you might not need extra furniture.
- Platform beds are sometimes called captain’s beds when they have headboards, footboards and many drawers on the bottom.
- Engineered wood costs less than hardwood and does well in humid weather conditions.
- Need even more storage space? Look for bed frames with built-in storage compartments in the headboards.
- Avoid buying higher platform beds for children under six because of the falling risk; also, you should be extra careful with bunk beds.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide