SoundPEATS Bluetooth Wireless Earphones With Mic
Last updated date: November 12, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 and dug through the reviews from 4 of the most popular review sites including BestReviews, New York Mag, Soundguys, ElectronicMixly and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
These magnetic wireless earbuds won't break the bank, which is great if you're shopping on a budget. On top of that, we like that they're sweat-resistant, so you won't have to worry about these earbuds while you're sweating at the gym or on a run. We also liked the carrying case and accompanying carabiner. In our analysis of 96 expert reviews, the Soundpeats SoundPEATS Bluetooth Wireless Earphones With Mic placed 4th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 12, 2019:
Checkout The Best Headphones for a detailed review of all the top .
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
High-fidelity stereo sound quality with aptx codec, CSR8645 bluetooth chipset and 10mm drivers deliver crisp, provide your lag-free auditory experience and CD-Like Audio Quality.Play/Pause your music, or manage your calls with in-line microphone without reaching out your phones. With noise-cancelling , you could enjoy better sound audio in your little music world. Due to built-in magnets design , both earpieces can attach to each other like a necklace around your neck when not in use. It is a very easy way to carry the earphones around for any outdoor activities, such as hiking, cycling, and running.The Q30 Plus Bluetooth headphones could compatible with all kinds of Bluetooth devices,including iphone8, 8plus,iphonex. Simply hold press till paring ,you will have it in control . It used Internal NANO coating , enhance the IPX4 to IPX6, to keep the headphones fully functional from sweat in all kinds of activities, good music company with you when you work out.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Headphones are huge right now. Music fans, gaming buffs and podcast aficionados spent more than $9.5 billion dollars on them in 2016, and that number is projected to balloon to $13.8 billion in the next seven years.
There are multiple styles of headphones. Earbuds, on-ear and over-ear headphones are the three most popular types, and they’re all available in wired and wireless versions. If you’re intimidated by the number of options you’re seeing online or in the electronics aisle, there are a number of ways to narrow down the choices and find the best headphones for your needs.
“The most important factor to consider when shopping for headphones is the environment it’s going to be used in,” says music and video producer Calvin West.
At the gym? At home? On the train? For example, if you’ll be outdoors a lot or wearing the headphones on the bus while you commute to work, consider headphones with noise-canceling properties, West suggests.
Earbuds, or in-ear headphones, sit just inside your ear canal. Soft silicone tips fit snugly inside your ears, and some models come with different sizes for a customized fit. Other models, like the Plantronics BackBeat Fit 2100, have secure-fit eartips that create a stronger seal in your ear canal for a more secure fit.
Earbuds are available in standard wired versions, wireless versions (which connect around the back of your neck with a small wire but do not need to connect to your device with a wire), and true wireless versions (where both earbuds operate independently with no wires at all).
On-ear headphones, which are sometimes called supra-aural headphones, are larger, with soft ear cups made from real or synthetic leather. They sit on top of your ears and allow more sound in while you’re listening, which makes them great for times when you want to listen to music without completely canceling out surrounding sounds. They’re also more lightweight and portable than heftier, full-coverage over-ear headphones.
Over-ear headphones enclose your entire ear in soft ear cups. They’re the largest headphone option, and they boast advanced features like noise cancellation and higher sound quality than other types of headphones. They’re great for wearing indoors while you’re focused on work, playing video games or enjoying high-definition sound on your smart TV. They tend to be a bit bulky to take with you when you’re commuting, but the total noise cancellation option makes them great for long flights.
Some over-ear headphone models have active noise cancellation as well as ambient sound modes for different listening scenarios. Other types of over-ear headphones, like the Bose QuietComfort 35, come with a transmitter that connects to your home audio or entertainment system for a more robust digital listening experience.
DYWM Fun Fact
You owe your favorite pair of headphones a salute. The first pair of modern audio headphones were picked up by the U.S. Navy in 1910 after being repeatedly rejected by private sector investors. Mormon inventor and engineer Nathaniel Baldwin invented them on his kitchen table; the Navy’s eventual investment made him a rich man. They ordered 100 pairs and sparked a headphone revolution. Unfortunately, Baldwin never patented them, so the German company Bayerdynamic made some serious cash when they created the first pair for home enjoyment in 1937. Baldwin also wound up bankrupt after using his payout from the Navy to make a less-than-sound investment in the Mormon polygamous movement. Whoops!
The Buying Guide
- If you’re picking out new headphones, the first order of business is choosing between wired and wireless. Wired headphones are generally more reliable, since they don’t rely on a Bluetooth connection to connect you to your music, but wireless technology is quickly catching up. You can get more bang for your buck in terms of sound quality with wired headphones, too, and you’ll never have to worry about your wired headphones running out of battery. However, the freedom of wireless headphones outweighs their downsides for many people, and high-end styles like the Bose QuietComfort 35 have up to 20 hours of battery life per charge.
- Next up: what activities will you be doing while you wear your headphones? Gym rats will benefit from earbud styles, like the Soundpeats Wireless Earbuds. Their cone-shaped silicone tips fit securely in your ears, staying in place during very active sweat sessions. Plus, the in-line mic and volume control helps you answer calls or switch songs without fumbling with your phone. If you’re relying on headphones to help you focus while working from home or enjoying your favorite music, a pair of plush over-ear headphones can provide premium sound and comfort with active noise cancellation.
- How portable do you need your headphones to be? Earbuds, like the Soundpeats Wireless Earbuds or the Plantronics BackBeat Fit 2100, are lightweight and fit into a purse, pocket or briefcase, but wireless and true wireless versions are easier to lose. If you’re not planning on taking your headphones far from home, on-ear or over-ear options make more sense; you can enjoy their superior sound quality without worrying about hefting them around.
- If you’re going to drop your hard-earned cash on headphones, you’ll want to take steps to care for them to keep the music playing. Wired headphones need cable care; you’ll want to wind up the cable and secure it with a twist tie or velcro rope while not in use. Make sure you don’t leave your headphones in areas where it becomes extremely hot or cold (like inside your car during chilly winter days or hot summer nights). Those temperatures can damage the internal audio components.
- Keeping your headphones clean also contributes to their life span. Earbud-style headphones need special attention since wax buildup can affect sound quality and hygiene. Removing the silicone ear tips, rinsing them with warm water, and drying them with a soft cloth should be part of their regular maintenance. All types of headphones should be wiped with a damp, clean cloth and dried if they’re exposed to excessive sweat or moisture. Make sure to keep your charging port clear of crumbs and debris for reliable charging, and store on-ear and over-ear headphones in a hard case when they’re not in use.