SoulGenie Travel & Storage Pouch Copper Tongue Scrapers, 2-Piece
Last updated date: May 20, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tongue Scrapers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tongue Scraper you should buy.
Update as June 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best Tongue Scrapers for a detailed review of all the top tongue scrapers.
In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the SoulGenie Travel & Storage Pouch Copper Tongue Scrapers, 2-Piece placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
2 Tongue Cleaners + 2 Free Organic Storage & Travel Pouches – High Quality FDA listed Tongue Cleaners. Come with Earth-friendly Travel & Storage pouches (No Plastic Cases) PURE COPPER: Broad Spectrum Hygiene as per Ayurveda – Thicker, heavy duty gauge to ensure it is smooth on the tongue – without risk of nicks; Anatomical Shape to ensure maximum tongue surface cleaning NATURAL DETOX & IMMUNITY BOOSTER – Flexible, non-gagging – Suitable tool for plaque removal, bad breath and to restore oral hygiene or taste sensation; Comfort Grip, Carved Stainless Handles – no wearing-off rubber handles NO MORE BAD BREATH – Drags out dreadful coats and festering mucus. Also aids in removing the coffee and smoking stains to get a fresh breath and a healthy, pink tongue – Time-tested and Proven for preventing Oral health issues Aesthetic, Discreet ‘Non-Yukky‘ Storage Bags – Say NO To PLASTICS – Non-Printed, Organic, Moisture-Absorbent, Ultra hygienic, Storage & Travel Pouch.. Can hang from a mirror peg OR will sit suitably in your toothbrush cup without anyone noticing. Slip into pocket and Carry it anywhere
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Tongue Scrapers
A healthy, clean tongue can contribute to a healthy mouth, potentially even helping with issues like halitosis. With tongue scraping, you can possibly remove bacteria and dead skin cells that build up on your tongue over time. You can do some of this by simply brushing your tongue when you brush your teeth, but a scraper can go even further.
Oral health isn’t the only reason to consider scraping your tongue. One older study indicated that by scraping your tongue, you can actually increase your sense of taste. It’s important to note that it did take two weeks of cleaning the tongue with a scraper for those benefits to be seen.
For some, tongue scraping has the goal of removing that white film that gives a tongue a lackluster appearance. After scraping, your tongue will likely take on more of a reddish tone than it did beforehand.
Unfortunately, studies haven’t indicated that tongue scraping helps eradicate the bacteria that cause issues like tooth decay. That requires the recommended regular brushing and flossing, along with routine visits to a professional dentist. Still, for those who battle bad breath, tongue scraping can be a way to enhance the work you’re doing by brushing and flossing each day.
You can’t just scrape your tongue with any product, though. You’ll need a scraper that’s specifically designed for the purpose. These come in varying materials and shapes, so you’ll need to know your options before you choose one.
The traditional tongue scraper shape is similar to a spoon. The edges of the scraper will be sharper than a spoon, of course, and it’s important to have a handle that makes it easy for you to maneuver the scraper.
Some prefer a scraper that’s curved. These can be easier to use, especially if they’re designed with a handle that makes them easy to manipulate. If you’re buying a tongue scraper for the child in your life, it can help to track down one that they’ll find fun to use. Child-friendly scrapers will typically be built for smaller mouths to make it easier for them.
The Tongue Scraper Buying Guide
- Many tongue scrapers come in sets of two or more. This can come in handy for ensuring you always have a clean one on hand. You could also store them in different places, such as your home, office or suitcase if you travel often.
- For taking your tongue scraper on the road, make sure you have a carrying case. You’ll also want a way to clean your tongue scraper.
- Tongue scrapers can be made using a variety of materials. Stainless steel is among the most popular, as it can be easily cleaned while also staying lightweight and easy to use. But you’ll also find plastic tongue scrapers that can be lightweight and easy to clean.
- Some tongue scrapers can be washed in the dishwasher. Check to make sure the tongue scraper you choose is dishwasher safe. If you’ve chosen stainless steel, alcohol can be a great way to sterilize it.
- Make sure you have a way to store your tongue scraper between uses. Some come with cases. Having it out in the open can expose it to bacteria, making it tough to keep clean enough for use.
- If you choose a plastic tongue scraper, check into the materials. If you’re concerned about BPA, you can find some that are labeled BPA free.
- The handles of your tongue scraper are important. Look for one that will be easy to grip and maneuver to ensure ease of use. This is especially important if you’ll be using it in the shower.
- If you’re buying a tongue scraper for your child, you can find them in bright colors that will make it fun to use.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide