Soulern Orthotic Plantar Fasciitis Splint
Last updated date: May 17, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Plantar Fasciitis Splints and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Plantar Fasciitis Splint you should buy.
Update as May 17, 2021:
Checkout The Best Plantar Fasciitis Splint for a detailed review of all the top plantar fasciitis splints.
This plantar fasciitis splint is designed to keep your foot stretched while you sleep, which results in pain relief come morning. The brace is breathable and made with a soft foam pad for added comfort. The bendable lightweight aluminum bar can be removed and the straps are fully adjustable for a custom fit every time.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the Soulern Orthotic Plantar Fasciitis Splint placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
GREAT FOOT SUPPORT AND MORNING PAIN RELIEF: Use the adjustable support splint during the night to keep foot stretched and provide orthopedic support for drop foot to reduce the effects of morning heel pain associated with plantar fasciitis and achilles tendonitis, for plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, flat arches, drop foot, heel spurs and much more! Spiky Massage Ball increase the blood circulation and massage muscles on day or night. FIT FOR MOST FEET TYPES: The plantar fasciitis night splint is designed for use on either the right or left foot and are size appropriate for most adult's foot (One Plantar Fasciitis Splint + One Spiky Massage Ball). Measure the circumference of ankle to fit 8.0 - 15.0 in (20.3 - 38.1cm). ADJUSTABLE LIGHTWEIGHT ALIMINUM BAR: The bendable lightweight aluminum bar at the instep keeps your feet at a 90-degree angle, keeping your feet in a bent position! Won't fall off and shift when you sleep. You can adjust the angle from 90 to 85 degrees for your maximum comfort. ULTRA SOFT FOAM PADDING LINING: Comfortable breathable materials with maximum foam padding at the dorsal position, feeling smooth against your foot allows you to sleep comfortably throughout the night and wake up in the morning feeling free of plantar fasciitis pain. Plantar fasciitis night splint features an adjustable elastic strap that will ensure the splint remains in the right position and comfortable condition throughout the night without twisting or sliding. 100% SATISFACTORY SEVICES: There is a full purchase price refund within 30 days of your purchase if you are not happy for any reason. After 30 days, there is a 1yr full replacement services on your plantar fasciitis night splint for any manufacturing defect.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Plantar Fasciitis Splints
Plantar fasciitis is one of the leading causes of heel pain. It occurs when the tissue that extends from the heel to the toes becomes inflamed. Since this condition typically causes pain first thing in the morning, it can be helpful to wear a plantar fasciitis splint while you sleep or first thing in the morning to gently stretch the area.
As you shop for a quality plantar fasciitis splint, look for a model that is easy to use. If the brace is complicated to put on and take off, you’ll be less likely to stick with using it on a regular basis. The AZMED Lightweight Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint is an excellent choice, as it can be slipped on in seconds and secured in place with just two adjustable straps. Built into the splint is a bendable aluminum strip that positions your foot at an 85 to 90 degrees angle, which is just enough to gently stretch your plantar fascia and Achilles tendon.
If you’re looking for a splint that provides a bit more stability than a fabric model, opt for a plantar fasciitis boot with a hard-shell exterior. A model like the Alpha Medical Plantar Fascitis Night Splint Brace is a good choice, as even though the exterior is solid and sturdy, the interior is made from a soft foam that feels good up against your skin. With a comfortable interior, you won’t have to worry about blisters or abrasions.
Check that the plantar fasciitis splint you’re interested in is breathable. You want a splint that is designed to provide immobilization, while still remaining breathable. A book with an open design allows for plenty of air to flow in and around the splint.
Consider a plantar fasciitis splint that has a little something extra to offer. For example, the some splints come with a spike ball for at-home therapy and two padded stretch wedges that can be used to elevate the foot for better relief.
The Plantar Fasciitis Splint Buying Guide
- When ordering a plantar fasciitis splint, you’ll need to go by your current shoe size. The company will provide a chart with both men’s and women’s shoe sizes and their coordinating splint size, so you know exactly which size to order. Individuals who have wide or swollen feet should always go up a size when ordering a plantar fasciitis splint.
- Always consult your doctor when it comes to the treatment of plantar fasciitis. He or she may recommend additional treatments, such as icing the bottom of your foot, taking a non-steroid anti-inflammatory medication or signing up for physical therapy. The doctor may also suggest purchasing a pair of shoes with good arch support or adding an insert for extra cushioning when you walk.
- The Mayo Clinic warns against ignoring your plantar fasciitis. To compensate for the pain, you may begin walking in an untypical manner, which over time can cause issues with your knees and hips.
- You’ll need to clean your plantar fasciitis splint from time to time, as feet sweat, especially when inside a thick boot. If the splint has an outer hard shell, you can wipe it down quickly with a disinfecting wipe. The rest of the splint can be cleaned using a bit of gentle detergent and warm water. Set the splint out to air dry, as it isn’t safe for a dryer.
- Most plantar fasciitis splints are designed to be universal, meaning you can use them on either the right or left foot without any problems.
- The price for a plantar fasciitis splint varies based on construction materials, the number of straps and any added features. You’ll find the AZMED Lightweight Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint is the most affordable model on the market. The Alpha Medical Plantar Fascitis Night Splint Brace has a moderate price, while boots that come with two padded wedges and a spike ball command the highest cost.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide