Soulcker 16GB MP3 Player With Bluetooth
Last updated: September 23, 2019
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top MP3 Players and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best MP3 Player you should buy.
In our analysis of 37 expert reviews, the Soulcker 16GB MP3 Player With Bluetooth placed 15th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
MP3 Player Rankings
At one time, MP3 players were all the rage. Everyone rushed out to buy the iPod when it was a small device that didn’t have a screen. But as smartphones grew in popularity, consumers discovered they could listen to music on the same device they use for everything else. However, there are still many benefits to an MP3 player, especially for those who regularly hit the gym.
MP3 players are more varied than ever. Whatever your unique needs, there’s a device that can meet them. There are small players that easily clip on your waistband or tuck into your pocket. There are larger players that give you access to apps and other smartphone-like features. There are also MP3 players designed for water activities, like swimming.
Once you decide on a design, you’ll need to make sure you find a player with the capacity you need. If you’re hoping for extreme music storage capabilities, there are players that can help with that. Other players let you keep your music in the cloud, where you can access it as needed. You may also want to consider whether you want bonus features, like the ability to take photos or catch up on your favorite TV shows using your player.
No matter how great your MP3 player is, it won’t matter if your battery dies and you can’t use it. Chances are you won’t be playing music for days at a time without a break, but it’s still convenient to be able to enjoy your MP3 over multiple days without putting it on a charger. At the same time, you should also consider how long your device will take to fully charge.
Since MP3s are designed to operate whether you’re offline or online, it’s important to make sure you have plenty of storage for all the songs you’ll add. If you’re a true music lover, you’ll likely end up with a fairly sizable music collection over the life of your MP3 player, so investing in more storage from the start can pay off a few years down the road.
- Battery life is an important consideration when you’re in the market for an MP3 player. Some models are able to offer 35 hours of battery life. You can fully charge them in only two hours, which is another bonus.
- If you’re interested in being able to play games, surf the internet and use apps on your MP3 player, look for a model that brings all of those features.
- Swimmers will be especially interested in the in models that are designed for swimming. Make sure they meet IPX8 waterproofing standards, so they’re safe for even your longest swims. Consider a model that clips onto the back of your goggles and swim cap, staying conveniently out of the way. Some options even come with Swimbuds waterproof headphones that are designed to stay in place even during flip-turns.
- An increasing number of MP3 players allow you to listen to your audio wirelessly using Bluetooth. If you go that route, look for an MP3 player that promotes support for aptX and LDAC codecs.
- Storage is essential in an MP3 player. With some models you’ll get 32GB, compared to up to 16GB for others. To get decent storage for certain music players, you’ll need an expansion card. A microSD card can increase the player’s capacity to 512GB.
- There’s a big difference in price between models. But no matter what, you’re sure to find an MP3 player to fit your budget.
- Controls are an important part of using an MP3 player. With some players, you’ll mostly rely on touchscreen capabilities. However, others rely on buttons, and those can be tricky.
- Although you might not think about taking photos with your MP3 player, it’s a handy extra to have. Look for an 8-megapixel camera. It may not be as good a camera as you’ll find on a newer model, but it’s a decent add-on to your MP3 player.
- If aesthetics matter, the look of each type of MP3 player will likely influence your decision. Some options have four colors to choose from, while others only offer two.
- Although many MP3 users want only to hear music they’ve downloaded, some want the ability to also listen to the radio. There are models that offer both of these features.