Sony BDP-S6700 4K Upscaling 3D Streaming Blu-Ray Player
Last updated date: October 19, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Blu-Ray Players and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Blu-Ray Player you should buy.
Update as October 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Blu-Ray Player for a detailed review of all the top blu-ray players.
You can watch movies and enjoy content in the most high-tech way possible with this 3D, streaming Blu-ray player. Set it up and experience multi-room view, thanks to its SongPal Link Apps. It also works with Bluetooth, and it has 4K upscaling. This player does not support 4K Ultra HD discs, however.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Sony BDP-S6700 4K Upscaling 3D Streaming Blu-Ray Player placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Stream from various entertainment services and upscale your content to near-4K quality. Even connect wirelessly to Bluetooth headphones, wireless speakers, game controllers and more. Play music from CDs and other formats via USB in multiple rooms, enjoy stronger, faster Wi-Fi and mirror your smartphone screen on TV. You’ve never watched, listened or connected quite like this.Input and Output Terminals: HDMI output 1 (rear), Coaxial audio output 1 (rear), USB input 1 (front), Ethernet connection 1 (rear)
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Blu-Ray Players
If you’re not familiar with Blu-ray, it is a high-definition format used for filming and presenting video content. Another format much like this is HDTV, or high-definition television. Blue-ray allows viewers to experience better image detail, more shades of color and added depth. It uses video compression and blue-laser technology to create higher-definition video playbacks on DVD-sized discs.
Blu-ray was first introduced in 2006, and since then, the technology has only gotten better. There are many different versions available, including 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray. Of course, these advanced features are not needed (or even advised) unless your TV is also compatible. If you have a 4K TV with HDR, though, you may prefer using 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs for the most impressive display.
You will also need to know what HDR version your TV has when shopping for a Blu-ray player. These versions could be HDR10, Dolby Vision or both. If it is a 1080-pixel (or 1080p) TV, don’t waste money on features that you won’t be able to use. However, if you are planning to upgrade your TV, keep this in mind when shopping for a Blu-ray player.
Blu-ray players can be very affordable, but don’t click “buy” until you have compared the most important features. See how the player supports HDR; if only on discs, integrated apps may not be able to use it. You can also check whether the player is HDR10 or Dolby Vision. HDR10 is thought of as the HDR standard, and it can be used for free with all brands.
The Blu-Ray Player Buying Guide
- Upscaling to 4K is worth looking into, since it makes standard Blu-rays look sharper.
- Not all Blu-ray players support Wi-Fi, so check to make sure that the one you are considering does. This is an important feature if you want to stream with greater ease. Note, however, that wired Blu-ray players that use an ethernet port may be more reliable for connecting to the internet if your Wi-Fi is spotty.
- If you don’t have a standalone streaming box, see how the Blu-ray player supports streaming apps.
- Don’t forget about the audio. Some higher-end Blu-ray players have high-resolution audio, which works well for home theaters. Also, check your audio connections at home; if you are not running HDMI into your A/V receiver, you may need to figure out the best way to run your audio with your new Blu-ray.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide